[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
Mar 11, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #16 of 89
I've contacted Graeme Foley of Furutech (Tokyo) about the X1 and received this reply on the 7th March -

[size=10.5pt]"The X1 is expected to ship in May and will be available from our distributor in the UK . Retail pricing has yet to be set."[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Cheers,[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Andy. [/size]

Quote:
Well this is the UK precise from a distributor. It may well be different in the US as it was rumoured at 550 USD.

Mar 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #17 of 89
Quote:
I've contacted Graeme Foley of Furutech (Tokyo) about the X1 and received this reply on the 7th March -

[size=10.5pt]"The X1 is expected to ship in May and will be available from our distributor in the UK . Retail pricing has yet to be set."[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Cheers,[/size]

[size=10.5pt]Andy. [/size]

The pricing i said was actually direct from SoundFowndations the UK distributor of ADL and Furutech!

http://www.soundfowndations.co.uk
Quote:
Hope the review gear arrives soon.

The ADL iD30-PA is quite a nice cable too. I had a problematic one with pins not connecting well, but the replacement is all good. A shade better transparency over stock. Did the ADL Cruise you heard use ADL cables too?

Yes the cables are of very high quality indeed, you should have seen the Rhodium Plated XLR cable on their headphones! I used teh Cruise with my Nexus 7 on a USB out so ADL make no cables for that so i used a iBasso Mini USB to Mini USB OTG cable.
Quote:
Competitors to the X1 look to be, VentureCraft GO-DAP X, Sony PHA-1 and potentially Centrance HiFiM8 if it gets Apple licensing. Any others? 

Fostex HP-P1, CLAS and V-Moda VAMP.
Quote:
Good thing they went for a more sane shape this time. I like my Stride and it works quite well as a stand when attached to my phone, but it's not exactly pocket friendly.

Agree completley, the stride is silly and the cruise is even worse, it i just so oddly unusable.

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #23 of 89
I have received a X1 and have been playing around with it. I really like the sound signature but i am finding it rather noisy. Hmmmm

With the Heaven VI and then some more snaps.

Jun 13, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #25 of 89
Quote:
Looks fine! I believe there were issues with noise that needed working on. How does it go with low impedance headphones?

They gave you a ADL iD30PA cable too?

Yes that was the reason for a lot of delays and my model certainly still is effected by it. It is not the worst i have heard but present.

Another huge niggle is the lack of a true line out :L

and YES! :D

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #27 of 89
So far i would say that is it is warm and smooth with some real power to the bass and a slightly subdued treble. It sounds really high quality for sure and moves details up very well from the iPhone 4 or Classic. However is noisy.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #28 of 89
Is the noise eliminated on 32 ohm and above drivers? 

This looks to be a tough challenge for ADL to crack, I hope it works out as the flexibility and form of the X1 looks impressive.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #29 of 89
Hi swimsonny,

Could you please do a full review on this monster(on paper at least)? I am interested how it would sound with my JH16 Pro,i was wondering if there will be any hiss or noise as well as volume/tonal imbalance with this amp? Really looking forward for your review,Thank you!

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #30 of 89
Yes i will be for sure. I think i was a bit harsh with noise of this initially! No volume imbalance for sure.

Unboxing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back