[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
Oct 28, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #61 of 89
I was actually hoping there was something wrong with my unit because I have been very disappointed with the audio quality. When comparing the X1/iPod Classic combo with just the iPod Classic alone. I am not hearing any improvement at all. When matching the iPod Classic with a portable amp ( such as the $50 FiiO E11 ) the sound is in many ways superior to the $500 X1.

Are there any firmware updates for the X1 ?

Oct 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #62 of 89
What convenience, sorry!?

Other dac/amps (Fostex hp_p1, Hifi-M8 etc)  disable the volume (yes)  and even have the volume bar disappear on touch/iphone.

I don`t quite follow Furutechs thinking here.

Although both the HRT iStreamer and Nuforce iCon iDo are similar to the X1 in that the volume bar does not disappear and changing the iDevice volume changes the overall volume too.

Nov 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #63 of 89
Ditto the Astell and Kern AK10

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #64 of 89

I bought the ADL X1 yesterday and I have been playing with but to my wondering how to get the music play at 192k instead it always play at either 44.1k or 48k.

Please offer some tips.
Thanks!

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #65 of 89

How do you let the unit to play music at 192k and not always 44.1k or 48k?

BTW which edition did you get? I notice the volume knob has a red ring around it but mine doesn't.
Thanks!

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #66 of 89
  Here is another picture and the specs sheet!

Quite nice specs hey!
I have been told April is a lot more likely.
That is what i am excited to find out!

How do you let the unit to play music at 192k and not always 44.1k or 48k?
BTW which edition did you get? I notice the volume knob of yours has a red ring around the bevel but mine doesn't.
Thanks!

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #67 of 89
  I was actually hoping there was something wrong with my unit because I have been very disappointed with the audio quality. When comparing the X1/iPod Classic combo with just the iPod Classic alone. I am not hearing any improvement at all. When matching the iPod Classic with a portable amp ( such as the $50 FiiO E11 ) the sound is in many ways superior to the $500 X1.

Are there any firmware updates for the X1 ?

the sound of x1 is balanced tone. fiio ones are eq.

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #69 of 89
Quite recently got the X1. I did not read the specs sufficiently enough and discovered that the optical out did not tranfer data when tapping digital signal from an iDevice but only from USB sources. That was a bummer as I planned to use the X1 as a "translator" from my iPhone to my Weiss DAC.

A firmware upgrade to fix this?

Jan 23, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #70 of 89
Have anyone experienced that the X1 gets worrying hot when your iDevice turns itself off (due to empty battery) whilst the X1 is still on? It seems like the X1 empties its charged battery by in some way short-circuiting.

I notice this when my front pocket gets burning hot ;p

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #71 of 89
Hi, I'm contemplating getting this DAC/amp. I only have a Beyerdynamic Custom Pro One, is it worth it for me to get this device? Will I hear the advantage of using this or should I save my money and just stick to my iPhone? TIA

Feb 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #72 of 89
My opinion is that the sound is a bit different than the sound directly out of my iPhone 5s, not sure it is better. I use Sennheisers IE800 on-the-go which is easily driven fry the phone directly. However, if you should use any over-the-ears phones as Audeze or Sennheiser HD800 then this little ADL X1 can run them. But when at home there are much suitable amps to choose between.

So, this user is not so very impressed sorry.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #73 of 89
I'm experiencing hissing noise with ADL X1 and my new Fostex TH600 which have 25 ohm impedance. This noise is present even on the lowest possible volume, even without any audio source connected. It's audible on quite music, not great for classics thus... and also volume range with Fostex TH600 is quite a short - sounds becomes too loud for me after only 15% of volume range. The volume knob is not really high quality - it's a little bit loose so it's hard to do any precision regulations with it. Unfortunately, there is no gain control on the ADL X1...
BTW, overall sound quality is pretty awesome. And no problems at all with my old AKG K702 which have 62 ohm impedance, but it's nowhere near the Fostex...
Looking forward for any suggestions.

Apr 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #75 of 89
My buddy has one and uses it with his iphone and hates it. He wishes he got a RSA Predator like I did.  I almost went with  the x1  myself because of the DAC specs.   Guess paper stats don't matter in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back