[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
Jun 25, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #31 of 89
Definitely on my list of devices to try out... Noise issue has me a bit worried though.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #32 of 89
If you like a warmer sound with some huge bass slam and still great detail this should be on your list for sure.I just wish it had a line out, i had all sorts of trouble feeding it to a separate amp.

Aug 3, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #38 of 89
Looking for good external DAC to bypass internal DAC of iPod Classic & iPad.

Can I bypass the internal amp. of ADL X1?

Between ADL X1 and CL Solo-R, which perform better when playing with ipod/iPad?

Aug 26, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #39 of 89
Yes that was the reason for a lot of delays and my model certainly still is effected by it. It is not the worst i have heard but present.

Another huge niggle is the lack of a true line out :L

and YES! :D

It doesn't have a line out for bypassing the X1 amp?

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #40 of 89
Quote:
It doesn't have a line out for bypassing the X1 amp?

Quote:
Looking for good external DAC to bypass internal DAC of iPod Classic & iPad.

Can I bypass the internal amp. of ADL X1?

Between ADL X1 and CL Solo-R, which perform better when playing with ipod/iPad?

You cannot bypass the internal amp and it has proved really annoying!

Aug 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #41 of 89
No line out despite what their website says. That's a bummer. It's just been launched here and available online so I can't test that out.

Aug 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #44 of 89
Quote:
It has optical line out just not a analog line out! You can bypass the DAC and amp but not just the amp while using the DAC

I just got an email from Furutech less than an hour ago. The amp can be bypassed when in PC/Mac mode but not when in iDevice mode. Ah well, maybe the X2 in future.

Aug 31, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #45 of 89
It has optical line out just not a analog line out! You can bypass the DAC and amp but not just the amp while using the DAC

The funny thing is using an iDevice as digital source, both Analog Out terminals work and irrespective of whether flick switch is at USB DAC or iDevice. So we have options where we prefer our headphones to be plugged in to but I'd prefer if they had allowed us to bypass the built-in altogether on the occasions when we want to pair the X1 with another amp just for kicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back