[NEW PRODUCT] ADL Furutech X1 - The iDevice DACs Coming Thick and Fast
Aug 31, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #48 of 89
Yeah it's a shame it doesn't as the X1 is so light and compact. Maybe an X2? Anyway it has no problems driving my HD600 but the volume dial would then be at 4 o'clock.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #49 of 89
Here's something odd. Connect an iDevice using LOD or Lightning. Then the headphones work on both Analog Out (front and back) and it doesn't matter how the iDevice/USB DAC flick switch is set at.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #50 of 89
I would want to pair it with an external amp, ALL THE TIME :wink:

That's what a CLAS is for. Or get a more powerful M8. The X1 is so light and compact its got its own virtues.

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #51 of 89
Further observations when connecting a iPhone 5 and using Lightning digital in, and a mic-equipped headphone. We know the X1 is unique if you use the 4-ring analog in and analog out but then you won't be using the DAC you pay for.

When a call comes in, you can touch the answer button on the iPhone, the caller can't hear you, but you can quickly hold the phone near you, say something like "hang on a minute" pull out the Lightning jack and proceed with the conversation :xf_eek:

For what it's worth ...

Sep 9, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #52 of 89
Perhaps should also consider a new cypherlabs Theorem 700...its a dac/amp and it has a dac line out. And i heard the line out is great.

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #53 of 89
Perhaps should also consider a new cypherlabs Theorem 700...its a dac/amp and it has a dac line out. And i heard the line out is great.

One Theorem = 2 X1's. The X1 should really be compared to Sony' PHA-1 or one of the venturecraft models.

Oct 7, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #56 of 89
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I have a relevant question 
redface.gif

Is the ADL X1 android compatible? 

Oct 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #58 of 89
I have an issue with my X1. I have the X1 connected to an iPod Classic using the supplied 30 pin to usb cable. I have the front switch with idevice selected. When I play tracks from the iPod Classic I notice that when I adjust the volume on the Classic there is a corresponding change in the volume coming from the X1. How is this possible ? Shouldn't moving the volume on the iPod Classic have no effect on the volume out from the X1 ? It is like the digital to analog conversion is still being processed by the Classic and the X1 is only operating as a headphone amplifier.
Am I missing something here ? Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #60 of 89
  Your X1 is functioning correctly and your X1 is processing digital signal from your iDevice (flashing 44.1K LED). Furutech enabled the volume control on iDevices for user convenience. 

What convenience, sorry!?

Other dac/amps (Fostex hp_p1, Hifi-M8 etc)  disable the volume (yes)  and even have the volume bar disappear on touch/iphone.

I don`t quite follow Furutechs thinking here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back