New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Oct 18, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #1,711 of 2,626
There are some single op amps available that are not available in dual formats that seem to have a good reputation.

With the availability of an adapter like this:

http://www.cimarrontechnology.com/in...PROD&ProdID=24

it seems feasible to use these in the D1. I am wondering if anyone has some experience with the potential benefits of these single op amps, and what the pitfalls might be.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #1,713 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by paladinca /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ron, could you describe the difference in sound characteristic between LMH6643 , LM4562, and the upgraded version of the LM4562 as buffers? Thanks.

No, it is very hard for me to describe such subtle differences in soundstage and shading.

Perhaps the LMH6643 might be a little warmer than the LM4562. The improved LM sounds similar but better all around than the LM4562. Not as sterile sounding.

Any of the 3 would be hard to tell apart unless you compare them side-by-side with the same music and same equipment.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #1,714 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Searched for the product and they are called ferrite chokes. Sometimes they loop the cable around the ferrite core once or twice to improve it's functionality. Anyway, some USB cables have them built-in.

Here's a link with a snap-on ferrite choke for existing cables:
vendor ferrite choke

Wikipedia ferrite bead writeup

There's no guarantee it will work but you may get lucky and have it solve your problem.

Ferrite chokes will not work for noise such as you describe. They work at RF frequencies, not audible frequencies. I have used a variety of ferrite chokes with my amateur radio equipment with good results, but the frequencies involved were MUCH higher than than the audible range.

I don't recall this issue being a problem with the D1, perhaps I am mistaken, but I think most of the issues involved the Move.

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:46 AM Post #1,716 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, so I tried my roommate's D1, but I hear some line noise on my SF5Pros when nothing is connected. Does this line noise go away if I changed the opamps on the unit, or will I have to deal with it?

I get no noise, except with put through usb, then there is a very slight hiss.

What are you playing your music off of (comp/iriver/ext)?

Chances are you may have to live with it if it's a noisy usb. Although, if it is the D1 itself then you may have to send it in for repair as it should be making no noise.

Oct 18, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #1,718 of 2,626
if i m not mistaken, USB connection will be like tat
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #1,720 of 2,626
I also get strong noise, it is when it is connected to the wallwart and i apply a little pressure on the D1. Then i get strong noise if i remove, say my H140, then it become silent again. Don't know what cause this, it is sort of annoying but not major.

Oct 18, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #1,721 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, it is very hard for me to describe such subtle differences in soundstage and shading.

Perhaps the LMH6643 might be a little warmer than the LM4562. The improved LM sounds similar but better all around than the LM4562. Not as sterile sounding.

Any of the 3 would be hard to tell apart unless you compare them side-by-side with the same music and same equipment.

What are the new LM4562's called? Or have they completely replaced the old LM4562's?

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #1,723 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the new LM4562's called? Or have they completely replaced the old LM4562's?

LME49720

I have 2 on the way...

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:19 PM Post #1,725 of 2,626
yeah, it have both different signature
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back