New Portable Amp/Dac: iBasso D1 **with updates on the first page**
Oct 16, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #1,681 of 2,626
I just receive OP275 from ron, but he mention this as "AD275" does this item totally different thing or same?

Can I use this as replacement for DAC opamp?

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #1,682 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by sum1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True, i can always do that.
My guess is that the ibasso D1 does not have this noise issue because it seems like no one in this thread complains about them
biggrin.gif
when compared to the MOVE thread where there are a few people who have this issue. Even Skylab mention about this issue as well with the MOVE in his DAC/AMP comparison thread.

Maybe its because the way the ibasso works (USB-> SPDIF->D/A receiver->DAC) when compared to the move where its DAC act as the usb receiver as well ???

I'm not much of an expert, but it could be that the MOVE is run off USB power, but the D1 is run off of power supply. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #1,683 of 2,626
Do you guys test amp noise with a source connected or without?

It just occured to me that if a source is connected (and especially if source is turned on and paused), that the hiss is from the source, not the amp. But, do some amps suppress that hiss better than others?

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #1,684 of 2,626
Quote:

My guess is that the ibasso D1 does not have this noise issue because it seems like no one in this thread complains about them
biggrin.gif
when compared to the MOVE thread where there are a few people who have this issue. Even Skylab mention about this issue as well with the MOVE in his DAC/AMP comparison thread.

Can you describe these noise issues--is it
static,
background hum,
pops in the same section of music when repeated,
random pops in different places,
distortion at certain frequency ranges,
clicks,
something else?

Are you touching the cables/moving the amp or volume pot when it happens?

I'm really trying hard to duplicate this problem.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #1,685 of 2,626
i dont really know how to explain it but its a sound of an interference. The noise that i got with the MOVE is exactly the same noise i got from most computer's integrated sound. Its like an electrical whining noise. I can hear the noise just by plugging my headphone to the amp without it playing any music at all. The problem is my laptop (HP NC6000) and other similar laptop's usb port is near its monitor and for some reason the LCD is interfering with it. If i close my laptop to turn off the lcd then this noise will just dissapear.

It is more likely to occur in laptops since all those parts are cramped together in a small space. I cant replicate this on my desktop. If you cant replicate it then chances are the D1 is probably immune to this issue or your laptop is designed pretty good

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #1,686 of 2,626
Quote:

i dont really know how to explain it but its a sound of an interference. The noise that i got with the MOVE is exactly the same noise i got from most computer's integrated sound. Its like an electrical whining noise.

It is more likely to occur in laptops since all those parts are cramped together in a small space. I cant replicate this on my desktop. If you cant replicate it then chances are the D1 is probably immune to this issue.

I have two laptop (home, work), an apple mini, D1 and move and haven't been able to pinpoint it yet with any combination. The electrical whining description is great, at least I'll know what to listen for.

So this noise is a constant pitch whining then, and I assume it doesn't change in frequency or volume, just a constant sound? Do you hear it only on soft passages or is it readily found even in louder passages?

Thanks

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #1,687 of 2,626
yeah its pretty much a constant pitch whining.
The only way for me to get rid of it is to turn off the laptops LCD. Changing the LCD brightness will also affect the pitch of this noise.

Its pretty low in volume so if i put on a music then chances are i cant hear it since it drowned out with the music unless when i'm hearing like a podcast or something which doesnt have instruments on its background.

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #1,688 of 2,626
I am using a Xenos 0HA (It was 50 dollars a year ago and they dont make them anymore I dont think) portable amp currently to power my HD 650's. Would I be able to use the D1 in the same way, as the only link between source(source is primarily a soundblaster card and occasionally an ipod) and cans? Would this be a good upgrade to my system for the price?

Oct 16, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #1,689 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosbig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am using a Xenos 0HA (It was 50 dollars a year ago and they dont make them anymore I dont think) portable amp currently to power my HD 650's. Would I be able to use the D1 in the same way, as the only link between source(source is primarily a soundblaster card and occasionally an ipod) and cans? Would this be a good upgrade to my system for the price?

Yeah, you should be able to. You might check and see if doing USB out is better or worse than through say SPDIF out of the SoundBlaster (which I believe has digital out). You'll want a mini to mini cable or better a line out dock to mini cable for the iPod (since you'll have to plug it into the analog input which is a mini connection on the D2).

I can't say for sure that it will be better than your previous amp (especially considering I'm not familiar with it at all), but with there seem to have been some pretty big strides in the development of low-to-midrange portables over the last couple of years, so I would guess that you'll be plenty happy with it.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #1,690 of 2,626
Just received the following message from iBasso:

Quote:

Thank you for your concern.
D1 will back in stock on this weekend, please visit our website this weekend.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #1,692 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They've been saying that for the last month, lol.

Don't worry. They are shipping orders now, which means the have the enclosures, which means once they get the tons for orders they have out, they will put them back up for sale.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #1,693 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by powertoold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They've been saying that for the last month, lol.

True, but they shipped me one a couple of days ago, so it looks like they are at least in production again and clearing the back orders.

This one will be 2nd - for home and modding.

Oct 16, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #1,694 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosbig /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't even bother going through the soundblaster. IMO, the D1 beats out the soundblaster as a "sound card" just without the different options Soundblaster provides.

Oct 17, 2007 at 1:40 PM Post #1,695 of 2,626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just receive OP275 from ron, but he mention this as "AD275" does this item totally different thing or same?

Can I use this as replacement for DAC opamp?

The same...my mistake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back