NEW Planar-Magnetic Flagship — Sendy Audio Peacock
Sep 11, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #166 of 322
ROFL, apparently Resolve did 'summarily pan' them on a recent livestream. Will have to modify my view of him from "solid process though i don't always agree with his results" to "solid process, unfortunately doesn't matter as i don't care about his taste".
Resolve and J. Valour rate everything according to their favorite, which is the HFM Arya.
So, Reader..... if you think that gear is the God of Sound, as they do, (i dont) then you might not agree with how they perceive "good sound" and thereby furnish reviews.

Each individual themselves is the sole judge regarding how a headphone sounds to them.....
I remember when Resolve reviews got their hands on the Heddphone. He just flipped out. He said..."this changes everything".
I also bought them, and.....surprise surprise...... my Audiophile world was not sent spinning into Eargasmic ecstasy, tho i thought they sounded good.
I personally like the Empyrean much better then the Heddphone.
Most headphones that cost $299+ sound good, and some sound amazing.
Reader........You have to decide that for yourself, and i know you will, as after all, you are trying to please you.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #168 of 322
Zeos videos are entertaining, nothing more.
You can't take his sound opinion seriously.

I never really took DMS videos seriously either, sometimes his opinion is very contradicting.

Z has quite possibly reviewed more headphones than any other headphone reviewer, other than Tyll.
Have you seen his wall of Headphones? Its a big wall.
He's been reviewing headphones longer than Joshua Valour has been listening to them. (really).
Do i agree with Z-s reviews HP reviews most of the time?......its about 50/50, regarding the videos ive watched and the headphones i own.

So, if we are going to disqualify someone's ears, then lets initially disqualify all those who have not owned more then 80 sets of headphones, and do not review for a living.
Or, just disqualify everyone who seldom buys anything, but then always shows up here again and again with a review and a chart based on ..>"i heard them in a shop for 30 mins"..
Lets disqualify that one.

Lets disqualify everyone who loves the Arya or the Focal Clear.
Lets disqualify everyone who believes that "The Headphone Show" is the best place to find an accurate gear review.
Lets disqualify everyone who said the Audeze LCD-1 is an Audiophile headphone.
Lets disqualify everyone who has not spent at least $40,000 USD just on headphones.
Lets disqualify everyone who will never say the Susvara isn't that good, and is afraid to say it, because they spent all that money on it and dont want to seem $6000 USD foolish.
Lets disqualify everyone who has not been to France, has not dated an Asian, and does not like Red Roses or the Olympics..
Lets disqualify everyone who has to "wiki" the word "arbitrary", because they do not realize that im being silly by posting it here. :)

Or, a better idea, is......lets just realize that opinions are nothing more, and everyone has one, yet, ......some have a lot of experience with audiophile gear for YEARS to back up their opinion......yet, in the end its all just Hear-say.....

fb1

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #170 of 322

I have received my pair of Peacock and went out to the park for a very long listening session. They have a very high db spl/mw, so easy to drive. I'm not someone who likes to use crazy words to explain the sound of a headphone, to help you out, i will list up headphones that i like or dislike for comparison. I believe this is more helpful.

If i mention EQ, i mean oratory's Reddit profile (not autoeq, there is a vast difference)

Dislikes: Focal Utopia (EQ), Focal Clear (EQ), Hifiman Arya (EQ)
Middleground: Hifiman 1000V2, ZMF Verite
Likes: ZMF Auteur (Low Shelf Bass, slight treble enhancement), LCD-2 (EQ), Susvara, HD800S (EQ), Stax SR-L500 MKII (EQ)

First things first. What annoys me with the Focal's is the shouty voice experience, with the Arya the annoying treble peaks that can't be solved with eq with further reduction and the overall lacking Slam/impact/punch especially with the hifiman's. The LCD-2 has great bass and slam factor, same for the Susvara, HD800S and Auteur, even the Stax after EQ, before its lacking in that department. What i like about the 1000V2/Arya is the sound that goes above your head and the presentation of the stage/size of the place you are listening to the music, because it sounds big without being able to measure the roomsize, because its sounds are more open in the nature, compared to the HD800S that always feels like an incredible big arena with a slight echo.

The Peacock is impactful and slams a bit less than the Audeze/Susvara, got the biggest soundstage after the HD800s and the sound goes above my head, similar to the Arya/1000V2. Singers are slightly recessed sounding, which makes the instruments and overall music presentation more forward and spectacular and the treble is never fatiguing, similar to the ZMF Auteur. The Subbass is missing and the quantity not enough for my taste, but i like the harman curve.

After fixing the Bass with Low Shelf 54Hz Q 0.7 10db Gain (Ifi Signature xBass) and giving a slight Treble Boost around 2bd starting at 6K fixes most of the problems with Voice and Bass quantitiy as well improved slam. I believe an oratory EQ profile could improve it even further, but i like the original presentation nonetheless, because it reminds me of the ZMF Auteur just with added improvements.

Of all the headphones i have heard so far, with or without EQ, is the peacock overall the best so far, because it got the fantastic non-fatiguing treble with more details than the Auteur, very good presentation of instruments, the biggest soundstage after the HD800S and a punch/impactful nature to enjoy Bass Drums, Hi-Hats and dynamic music with great enhanced live character and nice controlled bass.

To me it's a baby from Hifiman 1000V2 & ZMF Auteur in almost the best way possible. The material quality is amazing, the bag that looks like an ass :deadhorse: is very practical and the cables are the best i have ever seen at any given price point. Just wished it would have a silver accent instead of gold and standard 4 pin mini xlr connector and softer earpads.

Sep 27, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #171 of 322

I have received my pair of Peacock and went out to the park for a very long listening session. They have a very high db spl/mw, so easy to drive. I'm not someone who likes to use crazy words to explain the sound of a headphone, to help you out, i will list up headphones that i like or dislike for comparison. I believe this is more helpful.

If i mention EQ, i mean oratory's Reddit profile (not autoeq, there is a vast difference)

Dislikes: Focal Utopia (EQ), Focal Clear (EQ), Hifiman Arya (EQ)
Middleground: Hifiman 1000V2, ZMF Verite
Likes: ZMF Auteur (Low Shelf Bass, slight treble enhancement), LCD-2 (EQ), Susvara, HD800S (EQ), Stax SR-L500 MKII (EQ)

First things first. What annoys me with the Focal's is the shouty voice experience, with the Arya the annoying treble peaks that can't be solved with eq with further reduction and the overall lacking Slam/impact/punch especially with the hifiman's. The LCD-2 has great bass and slam factor, same for the Susvara, HD800S and Auteur, even the Stax after EQ, before its lacking in that department. What i like about the 1000V2/Arya is the sound that goes above your head and the presentation of the stage/size of the place you are listening to the music, because it sounds big without being able to measure the roomsize, because its sounds are more open in the nature, compared to the HD800S that always feels like an incredible big arena with a slight echo.

The Peacock is impactful and slams a bit less than the Audeze/Susvara, got the biggest soundstage after the HD800s and the sound goes above my head, similar to the Arya/1000V2. Singers are slightly recessed sounding, which makes the instruments and overall music presentation more forward and spectacular and the treble is never fatiguing, similar to the ZMF Auteur. The Subbass is missing and the quantity not enough for my taste, but i like the harman curve.

After fixing the Bass with Low Shelf 54Hz Q 0.7 10db Gain (Ifi Signature xBass) and giving a slight Treble Boost around 2bd starting at 6K fixes most of the problems with Voice and Bass quantitiy as well improved slam. I believe an oratory EQ profile could improve it even further, but i like the original presentation nonetheless, because it reminds me of the ZMF Auteur just with added improvements.

Of all the headphones i have heard so far, with or without EQ, is the peacock overall the best so far, because it got the fantastic non-fatiguing treble with more details than the Auteur, very good presentation of instruments, the biggest soundstage after the HD800S and a punch/impactful nature to enjoy Bass Drums, Hi-Hats and dynamic music with great enhanced live character and nice controlled bass.

To me it's a baby from Hifiman 1000V2 & ZMF Auteur in almost the best way possible. The material quality is amazing, the bag that looks like an ass :deadhorse: is very practical and the cables are the best i have ever seen at any given price point. Just wished it would have a silver accent instead of gold and standard 4 pin mini xlr connector and softer earpads.
Excellent review, I always prefer reviews like this in simple terms and less audiophile jargons.

I also prefer silver accent over gold, I hope they would release a silver version. When I read 10db (at 54Hz) Q 0.7 boost I thought oh my.... but iFi xBass is very well done and it is very addictive.

Sep 27, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #172 of 322
My video about Peacock. Headphones that are beautiful in sound and in desing

Hi cleg,
Thanks for another very good review. I always liked your accent.
I like Ananda but I always want a little more punch and slam out them. And the soundstage has more height than width.

Do you think Peacok is technically better than Ananda? What I mean is when I compared Ananda with LCDX recently, while the soundstage is wider on Ananda the instruments separation in busy tracks is better on LCDX.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #173 of 322
Hi cleg,
Thanks for another very good review. I always liked your accent.
I like Ananda but I always want a little more punch and slam out them. And the soundstage has more height than width.

Do you think Peacok is technically better than Ananda? What I mean is when I compared Ananda with LCDX recently, while the soundstage is wider on Ananda the instruments separation in busy tracks is better on LCDX.
It’s definitely better than the Ananda, and not as bright. To my ears, it’s better than the Arya and LCD X, as well. I sold my Ananda, Arya, LCD X 2021, HEKse, Focal Clear MG, and Verite….I still have the Peacock.

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #174 of 322
@dsrk

Glad that you liked it! When reading reciew with abusing amount of words to describe something, I'm getting really lost in the sea of pointless descriptions. While i can understand its selling better zhis way haha.

I agree with hifiear, after all tests i have done, i found out, that some things remain after changing the FR to a specific target.

The Peacocks detail retrieval, even with recessed treble is amazing. The HD800s (with oratory eq) tops it out, but is reaching slightly fatiguing height's.

@Hifiearspeakers

your review and a very good offer was the reason for me to buy the peacock, because i know the auteur and verite and arya, which is why I'm a fan of comparison. Thanks for your review 👌

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 11:25 AM Post #175 of 322
It’s definitely better than the Ananda, and not as bright. To my ears, it’s better than the Arya and LCD X, as well. I sold my Ananda, Arya, LCD X 2021, HEKse, Focal Clear MG, and Verite….I still have the Peacock.

That's a solid list of headphones that the Peacock has dethroned...and certainly has my interest piqued. My current favs are the HEKse (EQ'd) and Auteur (minimally EQ'd to no EQ). If the Peacock is something like a blend between the HEK series and the Auteur, that would be quite impressive. My only hesitation is there aren't any vendors selling with a 100% guaranteed return policy (like headphones.com), and also no Peacocks on the used market. If anyone is aware of a vendor with a good return policy, I would love to give the Peacock a try, potentially to replace my current HEKse and Auteur!

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #176 of 322
@dsrk

Glad that you liked it! When reading reciew with abusing amount of words to describe something, I'm getting really lost in the sea of pointless descriptions. While i can understand its selling better zhis way haha.

I agree with hifiear, after all tests i have done, i found out, that some things remain after changing the FR to a specific target.

The Peacocks detail retrieval, even with recessed treble is amazing. The HD800s (with oratory eq) tops it out, but is reaching slightly fatiguing height's.

@Hifiearspeakers

your review and a very good offer was the reason for me to buy the peacock, because i know the auteur and verite and arya, which is why I'm a fan of comparison. Thanks for your review 👌
You’re welcome!

Sep 27, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #177 of 322
That's a solid list of headphones that the Peacock has dethroned...and certainly has my interest piqued. My current favs are the HEKse (EQ'd) and Auteur (minimally EQ'd to no EQ). If the Peacock is something like a blend between the HEK series and the Auteur, that would be quite impressive. My only hesitation is there aren't any vendors selling with a 100% guaranteed return policy (like headphones.com), and also no Peacocks on the used market. If anyone is aware of a vendor with a good return policy, I would love to give the Peacock a try, potentially to replace my current HEKse and Auteur!
I wouldn’t call it a blend of the two, but it definitely sits between them, sonically. It is far less bright and ethereal than the HEKse, and it is technically better and more detailed than the Auteur. It also has a wider stage and larger images than both. It is built worlds better than any Hifiman, but not as gorgeous as the Auteur.

Sep 27, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #178 of 322

I owned the Hifiman Arya myself and heard the 1000V2 as well, which i liked more because of the softer treble presentation. Nonetheless i both didn't do well for me, because both have almost zero slam/punch, so i could not enjoy such music, for example, rock genre, at all.

From all headphones i have heard so far i found the peacock to be the most impressive, keeping great detail with less treble energy, having punch and slam and combining the goods of the ZMF Auteur/1000V2 but still being slightly different. In my opinion both the Peacock and ZMF headphones are surperior when it comes to build quality and the ZMF for comfort, at least on my head.

I do like the ZMF Auteur with BE2 Pads and some minor EQ. Otherwise i agree pretty much with what hifiearspeakers is writing. Seems like we got the same taste. Which means my opinion on the peacock might not help you haha

Sep 27, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #179 of 322
Good to see another positive review. These are special and it would be a shame if they were buried due to a few extremely (strangely) negative opinions and quite a bit of prejudice concerning 'overpriced Chi-Fi'. Haven't sold my other headphones yet, but they have certainly mostly been relegated to a spectator role and i am thinking about drastically reducing the collection.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #180 of 322
You stated that the Treble is recessed and the vocal presentation is also, recessed.

So, would you say that the vocals are recessed due to the recessed Treble, or due to the laid back midrange ?????, as something has to account for """"recessed vocals""", as you are not describing a "V" shaped headphone sound.
In fact, you described the P-Koks treble as recessed and the bass as not being punchy or detailed or of sufficient size.
So, all that remains, is a midrange toned headphone with recessed vocals......
Yet, the Peacock reviews are GLOWING like fireflies over a Autumn field.
Does this mean that ZEOS Reviews has nailed it again?>... as he loves the Peacock........

How would you explain this???

Anyone?

How is "recessed vocals and rolled off treble" a "great" headphone?

I'll probably buy the Peacock, but, the reviews are interesting to say the least. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back