[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Nov 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #406 of 5,962
If Philips can't get their product out to the markets that matter, then to hell with them I say. 

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #407 of 5,962
^Especially if they aren't going to make it easy, should be the other way around.

Nov 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #408 of 5,962
Quote:
The item details:
Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside EU.
This is nonsense.
I'm really sorry, it seems no one outside EU is able to buy one from Amazon.it. This basically means it sucks. :/

I couldn't even order them to my Swiss address as Switzerland is not part of the EU although it's a neighbor country. I had to order it to an address in Germany and pick them up there. Crazy.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #411 of 5,962
Quote:
Maybe Philips requested some kind of embargo until they finally announce the availability of this unit in the US/Africa/whatever... Anyway, it's a shame. :/

Indeed I think there seems to be some kind of embargo. The minute after I ordered mine, the website stated 'Attualmente non disponibile' (at the moment not available). It seems they are only allowed to sell a few.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #414 of 5,962
Quote:
Indeed I think there seems to be some kind of embargo. The minute after I ordered mine, the website stated 'Attualmente non disponibile' (at the moment not available). It seems they are only allowed to sell a few.

Ahh, The Headphone Nazi...

"no headphones for you! Come back one year. Next!"

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #415 of 5,962
Quote:

Ahh, The Headphone Nazi...

"no headphones for you! Come back one year. Next!"

Well, bad luck for you
confused_face.gif
.  The X1 is on its way and will be delivered soon
happy_face1.gif
!

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #416 of 5,962
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say I received mine from Amazon.it and am absolutely blown away with how good these phones are!  I am running these at home from the Fostex HP-A3 but also love the sound from the Fostex HP-P1 - in fact with the gain knocked up one notch I think I prefer the sound from the HP-P1.  Because of this I would like to get hold of a shorter, 3.5mm terminated cable so any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

To be honest I'm very happy with the sound signature but if I was being really picky I would like the bass slightly tighter if that's relevant to any suggestions. (That said, they've only currently got about 50 hours on them so I'm not sure if the bass will naturally tighten up anyway)

Quote:
I am still waiting for the Toxiccable special lead to be made ...

Looking forward to the review ruffra!

Craig

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #419 of 5,962
Quote:
Hi all,

Just a quick note to say I received mine from Amazon.it and am absolutely blown away with how good these phones are!  I am running these at home from the Fostex HP-A3 but also love the sound from the Fostex HP-P1 - in fact with the gain knocked up one notch I think I prefer the sound from the HP-P1.  Because of this I would like to get hold of a shorter, 3.5mm terminated cable so any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

To be honest I'm very happy with the sound signature but if I was being really picky I would like the bass slightly tighter if that's relevant to any suggestions. (That said, they've only currently got about 50 hours on them so I'm not sure if the bass will naturally tighten up anyway)

Looking forward to the review ruffra!

Craig

Craigp  
the Toxiccable is delayed in manufacture so will not be able to review until around end of Nov.   The X1 sound very special anyway with modified Silver Dragon cable  and my new Xcan V8 
amp.  Great Combination.  I am listen more to this combo than my Beyer T1's with SPL Auditor setup!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back