[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Dec 22, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #5,146 of 5,962
Hi all. I love my X1's and never thought that I would part with them. But I may have an opportunity to trade them for some L2's. I will search this thread, but if any of you have any thoughts about that trade, I'm all ears! Thanks.

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #5,147 of 5,962
  Hi all. I love my X1's and never thought that I would part with them. But I may have an opportunity to trade them for some L2's. I will search this thread, but if any of you have any thoughts about that trade, I'm all ears! Thanks.

Don't do it. Step down in sonic quality for sure. Unless you're doing it for a reason other than sound quality like portability or something. No reason to do it for sound quality.

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #5,148 of 5,962
  Don't do it. Step down in sonic quality for sure. Unless you're doing it for a reason other than sound quality like portability or something. No reason to do it for sound quality.

Thanks. The only reason I would be considering doing it is assuming that the SQ is at least as good and satisfying as the X1. If so, then I'm do it to try something else I suppose. But your post has me questioning that for sure lol.

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM Post #5,149 of 5,962

Thanks. The only reason I would be considering doing it is assuming that the SQ is at least as good and satisfying as the X1. If so, then I'm do it to try something else I suppose. But your post has me questioning that for sure lol.

If the sound quality was as satisfying, they would be obvious recommendations over the X1/X2 because they have the portability and sleekness factor going for them. Clearly (and you don't have to believe me, you can read the reviews), the L2 have very good sound and are top picks for a commuter/on the go headphone, but the sound quality reports show that it's not on the level of detail retrieval and sub bass slam as the X1. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #5,150 of 5,962
The L2 represents a step forward in sound tuning for Philips. I would snap up on the L2 Wayne. It has a more forward sound signature over the X1. The Sub bass is just as good as the X1. The X1 does have more mid bass emphasis.  L2s has a better balanced tuning over the X1 with a more forward mid range which actually balances out the sound of the L2 more so over the X1.  Stage is not much of a compromise on the L2 over the X1. They are both comparable in stage. L2 has a better imagery over the X1s softer more distant mid section. Treble has better presence on the L2s as well. Really the only thing the X1 has over the L2 is a bigger bass end and a touch wider stage.

I love both these phones but the L2 has the edge in SQ. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the X2 tuning was based on the L2s. In other words a better balanced X1.

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #5,151 of 5,962
Just snagged a X1, waiting for it to arrive. Curious to see if I think it will sound different than the X2. Philips have some real good stuff going with the Fidelio X line imo and I couldn't resist the urge to try out both hehe. Don't have the X2 anymore to compare with though.

Dec 28, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #5,153 of 5,962
X1 pads should be same as X2 according to pictures and fit 1:1. Not 100% sure though, because noone has done it yet I think. Another option would be Brainwavz HM5 Velours (Baycode did replace with those).

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #5,157 of 5,962
  Getting mine wednesday. Extremely excited :) Are the earpads hard to clean? What method do you use?

If You know how to remove them carefully then it`s easy. I just washed my pads previous week. Just soaked and squeezed them some time in hot water. Btw, the velour becomes softer after washing, more comfy.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #5,158 of 5,962
  Getting mine wednesday. Extremely excited :) Are the earpads hard to clean? What method do you use?

If You know how to remove them carefully then it`s easy. I just washed my pads previous week. Just soaked and squeezed them some time in hot water. Btw, the velour becomes softer after washing, more comfy.

I plan on doing this when I get back from visiting family. I believe @Coil or someone else provided pics earlier in the thread on how to remove it. I bookmarked it and can provide a link to it whenever I get back, or you can somehow search for it.

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #5,159 of 5,962

I plan on doing this when I get back from visiting family. I believe @Coil or someone else provided pics earlier in the thread on how to remove it. I bookmarked it and can provide a link to it whenever I get back, or you can somehow search for it.

Did you mean these pictures? Are those pins sufficient or is it necessary to glue the pads on again after you wash them? 

Jan 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #5,160 of 5,962
No need for glue (if You manage to brake off from glue leaving pins undamaged). I have taken on/off my X1 pads lot of times already. But of course if You want then remove old glue and You can easily use hot-glue to make it more secure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back