[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Mar 7, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #4,081 of 5,962
  I'm glad everyone is enjoying their X1s. Unfortunately, mine have been putting a lot of pressure on my jaw bone area and I still feel the tightness and pain (there and in my cheeks) even after I've taken them off for a while. They sound absolutely great, and I haven't even used them all that much, but I might have to part with them. Can anyone here recommend a relatively safe fix?

Try stretching them like this guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5GxWTzK0CA

I WAS IN THE EXACTLY SAME CASE, i found the comfort awful (got big head)

My ears got wet in less than 30mn, pain on the top of the head and the cheeks.

And since i did the bending mod (like the innerfidelity guy) i found the x1 more comfy than the pc 363d (hd 598 like).
so i recommend you to do the mod asap and profit or your headphone !

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #4,082 of 5,962

I bought 2 of those. A 1m for my ipad and a 3m for my Yamaha Silent Cinema sessions.

Lovely cables and very well made, but I'm only detecting a very slight improvement. Worth the money though as they're very light weight and don't tangle. Maybe if I get an amp there might be a bigger, more tangible difference but I'm happy with them regardless. I think the standard cable 'problem' is over hyped imo.

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #4,083 of 5,962
I've done a few Bluray box set marathons with my X1s and I get zero itching, zero discomfort of any kind and zero creaking.

The only 'critiscism' I have is I occasionally forget they are on my head and think it's the speakers making all that sound :D

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #4,084 of 5,962
If any can was made for dolby headphone it's these

I am concerned that they seem to be phasing dolby headphone out to be replaced by v4 ? but that doesn't have the dolby headphone feature integrated in to the drivers ? If it's the case boy am I going to miss dolby headphone.

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #4,085 of 5,962

I am concerned that they seem to be phasing dolby headphone out to be replaced by v4 ? but that doesn't have the dolby headphone feature integrated in to the drivers ? If it's the case boy am I going to miss dolby headphone.

Who is "they?"  Dolby? 

Dolby Home Theater v4 is supposed to include Dolby Headphone.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #4,086 of 5,962
Hi all, I don't know if I introduced myself but I have been a new owner of the X-1s for about a month and half or whenever that amazing price on Amazon was.

I will admit but it was an impulsive buy: 1) it was very cheap, 2)I have been curious about open back headphones, and 3) 5 minutes of searching online showed many positive reviews.

Anyways, my only real trouble I have had with it is getting a good seal. I am not sure if it matters but coming from the Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads I am use to getting a good seal.

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #4,087 of 5,962
  Hi all, I don't know if I introduced myself but I have been a new owner of the X-1s for about a month and half or whenever that amazing price on Amazon was.

I will admit but it was an impulsive buy: 1) it was very cheap, 2)I have been curious about open back headphones, and 3) 5 minutes of searching online showed many positive reviews.

Anyways, my only real trouble I have had with it is getting a good seal. I am not sure if it matters but coming from the Mad Dogs with Alpha Pads I am use to getting a good seal.

Do you mean a good fit? These are open headphones and do not seal like a closed back, the X1 will leak sound..

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #4,090 of 5,962
  I see two versions of X1 on amazon. one is x1 and the other x1/28. what is the difference guys?

The Philips Fidelio X1/28 is the designation for USA/Canada.  The X1/00 is European stock.

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #4,091 of 5,962

I WAS IN THE EXACTLY SAME CASE, i found the comfort awful (got big head)

My ears got wet in less than 30mn, pain on the top of the head and the cheeks.

And since i did the bending mod (like the innerfidelity guy) i found the x1 more comfy than the pc 363d (hd 598 like).
so i recommend you to do the mod asap and profit or your headphone !

Thats pretty much how it's been for me. My Jawline/cheeks after about 10 mins of use start to hurt and really tighten up. That and in addition to the pain on the top of my head. I thought maybe I could get used to it, not the case unfortunately. The tightness lasts pretty long after taking of the phones too

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #4,092 of 5,962

Do you mean a good fit? These are open headphones and do not seal like a closed back, the X1 will leak sound..

Yes, it leaks sound from its open-back design but I guess my question really is, does leaking sound inside the cup matter/do you need a good seal such that sound only leaks from the back of the driver (the grilles on the outside)?

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #4,094 of 5,962

Thanks. So which one is better ? Both are the same i guess as price of both is around $300.

I have both and they sound the same.  The first one was an X1/00 bought used from a head-fi member.  My second one is an X1/28 I bought on Amazon's Deal of the Day.  The inside packaging is identical.  The only difference I can see is the X1/00 box says "High Fidelity Sound" on the lower left corner while the X1/28 box says "X1" on the lower left corner.

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM Post #4,095 of 5,962
  I have both and they sound the same.  The first one was an X1/00 bought used from a head-fi member.  My second one is an X1/28 I bought on Amazon's Deal of the Day.  The inside packaging is identical.  The only difference I can see is the X1/00 box says "High Fidelity Sound" on the lower left corner while the X1/28 box says "X1" on the lower left corner.

Thanks. That clears my doubt. Another thing, Don't know if you can answer this but How is it compared to NAD HP50, PSB M4U1, KEF M500 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back