[New] Philips Fidelio X1
Jul 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #4,756 of 5,962
Did you try the razer surround software? I didnt yet but it may helps..

I tried the razor surround and did not like it at all. The sound isn't bad, but there is a delay imparted on the effects. Such as when I fire a rocket the animation occurs and the sound comes 1 second later. They should be simultaneous. The soundblaster works without issue here.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #4,757 of 5,962
The cable thing is waaaaay overhyped on this thread. 

Please read my posted link about cable measurements carefully and You`ll understand why some hear no difference after cable change while many do hear difference. Stock cable quality is very vary.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/623013/new-philips-fidelio-x1/4320#post_10475263
My ears detected sound change before measuring impedance difference. After measuring, it confirmed what my ears hear, no pseudo stuff :wink:

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #4,758 of 5,962
  The CASEBUDi Headphone XL Case Interior Dimensions: 9" x 8" x 4.5"
Your Philips Fidelio X1 Dimensions: 8.3" x 7.9" x 3.9"
Should be a good fit.

Maybe a bit late, but I use the Casebudi XL  for my X1. It works fine. Not a custom fit, but it works. It protects the headphones, keeps the dust off.. a decent case.
There is room for some cables and adapters in there as well.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #4,759 of 5,962
  I cannot disagree more with your statement.... But whatever floats your boat 
wink.gif

Simply put: Dolby Headphone sounds the same regardless of the cans you use. Using Dolby Headphone on something like the X1s is a waste of whatever you spent on the X1s.

If you like how it sounds, cool. Good for you, buying good headphones was a bad move though.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #4,760 of 5,962
  Simply put: Dolby Headphone sounds the same regardless of the cans you use. Using Dolby Headphone on something like the X1s is a waste of whatever you spent on the X1s.

If you like how it sounds, cool. Good for you, buying good headphones was a bad move though.

Lol, no just no. I'm sorry, but just no.

DH sounds entirely different on a closed headphone and on an open one, ANY type in fact. Don't say something you actually haven't tried.

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #4,761 of 5,962
cant wait to try these just waiting on a good deal for one to show up.

Jul 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #4,763 of 5,962
thanks for that link however I am in the Uk any cpmpany do these kinds of repairs in the UK

Jul 16, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #4,764 of 5,962
So, guys, what do you think a good sidegrade/upgrade from the Fidelio X1s would be? In the case of upgrade, I want something like them but better, but in the case of sidegrade, something that compliments them. Based on some replies in this thread, the headphones I'm currently considering (but still haven't bought) are the Sennheiser HD 600s. I haven't given them a try yet, though. I have tried the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros, and I'd describe them as like the Q701s, more comfortable, but not quite as detailed and airy.

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:50 AM Post #4,766 of 5,962
  thanks for that link however I am in the Uk any cpmpany do these kinds of repairs in the UK

How about these guys?  http://www.philipsrepairman.co.uk/

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #4,767 of 5,962
  So, guys, what do you think a good sidegrade/upgrade from the Fidelio X1s would be? In the case of upgrade, I want something like them but better, but in the case of sidegrade, something that compliments them. Based on some replies in this thread, the headphones I'm currently considering (but still haven't bought) are the Sennheiser HD 600s. I haven't given them a try yet, though. I have tried the Beyerdynamic DT880 Pros, and I'd describe them as like the Q701s, more comfortable, but not quite as detailed and airy.

I've been looking for an upgrade as well, want something that still has a warm sound with good bass and sound stage. I've been looking at HD650's but I think the bass is a lot more balanced and neutral on those and I won't like them.

I think once you start upgrading from here it can be hard to notice much of a difference for your money.

Jul 19, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #4,768 of 5,962
I took a gamble and purchased an aftermarket Fidelio X1 replacement cable off eBay from China (link). I'm fond of the way the X1 cable looks, so I was looking for a cable that looks nearly identical but would have lower impedance than the stock cable.

Shipping from China took 7 days to get delivered (USA). The cable appears to be an identical gauge as the stock cable. It is sleeved, but not with nylon so it doesn't feel or look as nice as the stock cable.

Here's the business end of the cable. The aftermarket cable has the same spring mechanism as the stock cable to prevent stress wear, though the spring is more tightly wound. Most of all, I'm very happy to now have a twist off 6.35mm instead of the bulky 3.5mm adapter that comes with the stock cable.

The headphone end of the cable is silver. It's a slight hue off from the silver on the X1, but a good enough match.

Several lengths of cable are available. I opted for the largest 3m cable. As you can see below, the impedance is much better than the stock cable. I don't have golden ears, but just a quick A/B test and I could tell the difference in sound.

So there you have it. If you are looking for a cheap replacement cable for your X1 that is similar in looks to the stock cable, this one might be a good option.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #4,769 of 5,962
@rwpritchett: I got the same cable in January, so it's nice to see they're still being sold. This cable is indeed well made and good looking and I haven't had any problems with it. BTW I got the same measured impedance as you did. So yes... as rwpritchett says... this is a very good option for the X1.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #4,770 of 5,962
I took a gamble and purchased an aftermarket Fidelio X1 replacement cable off eBay from China (link). I'm fond of the way the X1 cable looks, so I was looking for a cable that looks nearly identical but would have lower impedance than the stock cable.

Shipping from China took 7 days to get delivered (USA). The cable appears to be an identical gauge as the stock cable. It is sleeved, but not with nylon so it doesn't feel or look as nice as the stock cable.

Here's the business end of the cable. The aftermarket cable has the same spring mechanism as the stock cable to prevent stress wear, though the spring is more tightly wound. Most of all, I'm very happy to now have a twist off 6.35mm instead of the bulky 3.5mm adapter that comes with the stock cable.

The headphone end of the cable is silver. It's a slight hue off from the silver on the X1, but a good enough match.

Several lengths of cable are available. I opted for the largest 3m cable. As you can see below, the impedance is much better than the stock cable. I don't have golden ears, but just a quick A/B test and I could tell the difference in sound.

So there you have it. If you are looking for a cheap replacement cable for your X1 that is similar in looks to the stock cable, this one might be a good option.
link to seller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back