New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Sep 18, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #856 of 952
Just a heads up there's a PD3 announced on the Korean Cowon website and a thread here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-plenue-d3.942621/

Same basic design as D2 but with Bluetooth 3.0 and a volume wheel on the top instead of the volume buttons on the right side.

Sep 23, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #857 of 952
Sep 24, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #859 of 952
Is the sony walkman A55 comparable to the pleanue d2?
I know the UI is superior, battery could be equally good but... What about sound quality?
The d2 had (way) more power, has balanced out, has jeteffect sound eq, better sound quality (better dac). this doesnt mean that de sony is bad, but the cowon is better, except the UI, bluetooth, max 128gb microsd +64gb internal.

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #860 of 952
The d2 had (way) more power, has balanced out, has jeteffect sound eq, better sound quality (better dac). this doesnt mean that de sony is bad, but the cowon is better, except the UI, bluetooth, max 128gb microsd +64gb internal.
That's precisely the only thing that's holding me from buying the Plenue d2.

I want a pure dap and can't make up my mind between the ibasso dx120, Plenue d2 and walkman A55.

There's one thing that I don't like about the dx120. Battery life, besides the UI is not as good as Sony's, which tells me a lot about the Plenue d2 UI...
Sony has a very weak output power, besides that property cable....

Any suggestion?

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #861 of 952

I want a pure dap and can't make up my mind between the ibasso dx120, Plenue d2 and walkman A55.

There's one thing that I don't like about the dx120. Battery life, besides the UI is not as good as Sony's, which tells me a lot about the Plenue d2 UI...

Any suggestion?
I always think about it like this, for me the most important is sound, I browse to a album play and listen, so for me the ui is not a big problem, if you want the best ui, buy a good usb/lightning dac and use the phone. Or invest a big amount of money for a new fast android player but battery life is always gonna be the compromise. The Lotoo paw s1 is very good, the EarMen Sparrow too, and ofcourse if you only need 3.5mm the cobalt. Life is all about choices :)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #862 of 952
I always think about it like this, for me the most important is sound, I browse to a album play and listen, so for me the ui is not a big problem, if you want the best ui, buy a good usb/lightning dac and use the phone. Or invest a big amount of money for a new fast android player but battery life is always gonna be the compromise. The Lotoo paw s1 is very good, the EarMen Sparrow too, and ofcourse if you only need 3.5mm the cobalt. Life is all about choices :)

Thanks for your help!

I think using an Android DAP kinda breaks its purpose. Getting a non Android device is a must for me.
When we think of DAPs softwares or UI, we know for sure where not getting the smoothness of smartphones but heck, it doesn't have to be bad either, like a 2008 cellphone screen. I think if you're gonna build your dap using a touch screen it should at least make it a little bit bearable. Im a fan of industrial-looking stuff. Meaning I wouldn't have any problem with just an OLED screen indicating details of the song and stuff.

Have a good day!

Sep 24, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #863 of 952

Any suggestion?
You could also look at the plenue r2, better screen, same dac, Bluetooth, little faster than the d2.

Sep 25, 2020 at 3:19 AM Post #865 of 952
I'll look into that one. Thanks for your advice.

Although, I can't spend more than 300.

This are my priorities:
Sound
Reliability (hardware/software)
Build quality
For that budget id consider Hiby R3PRO. Love my PD2 but not sure if it's worth $300 unless you find it used. I got a brand new one for $200 which is a reasonable price I'd day.

Sep 25, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #867 of 952
Where did you found pd2 for 200$ my friend? Btw seems like pd2 coming out soon
I think you mean pd3 :) I also bought the PD2 for 175 euro, secondhand as new and with the original case :) for that price it is unbeatable. If you buy new I thinks it's to expensive. Again sound quality is awesome, but new the r3pro is better priced.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 7:30 AM Post #868 of 952
Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #870 of 952

Users who are viewing this thread

Back