New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Mar 8, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #211 of 952
Yes, the interface is slower. The P1 in 15 seconds is on. The PD2 costs about 35 seconds. But I ask a question ... and what about the android interface. It also takes a while. And as you have to look for wifi ....

Yes, I agree that cowon could, and should, do things a little better. They can and they know how to do it. But I have decided to continue with PD2. I have other DAPs, with other virtues and defects. But it's simply about looking to fit your preferences. I do not want to be aware of the battery, that I do not regret ... and sound good. Although it is not the best. And if I give myself the caprice of balanced ever, bravo!

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #212 of 952
The only thing holding this player back for me is the MAX 256GB storage. This pisses me off every time I think about it. its 2019 for gods sake.

I'm not saying you're not right. My library is also wider. I have even ripped CDs to see if in other formats I found differences, out of curiosity.
Being of lesser capacity, I simply select what I usually listen to the most. Because there are many things that I have and I do not usually like it.

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #213 of 952
I guess this is reasonable approach. I do not have much experience with modern high-end portable setups but maybe on those having Flacs makes a noticeable difference as well.

Anyway how critical one want to get with portable setup? It is meant to be listened on the go so I guess critical listening is not highest of the priorities?

I, if I can choose, usually prefer flac to mp3, although I have also heard them with good recordings.
On good speaker system difference between 320kb MP3 -> CD quality -> HighRez files is quite noticeable if the recording is of good quality in the first place. Difference between 320 MP3 and hi-rez is just huge. Again on quality speaker system and recording.

I, if I can choose, usually prefer flac to mp3, although I have also heard them with good recordings.

Mar 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #214 of 952
Could someone who has used both the Sony NW-A45 and the Plenue D2, please write a comparison on the UI.

Sorry, people will say I'm complaining if I say anything bad about to the UI.

/S
Ok, I suppose I can live with a UI that isn't as easy to use as the Sony's. Another question, which shouldn't cause any forum arguments, is does the Plenue D2 have a higher output than the Sony? The headphones I'm using with the Sony don't seem particularly sensitive, and I'm virtually maxing out the volume on most of my albums.

Mar 9, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #217 of 952
Ok, I suppose I can live with a UI that isn't as easy to use as the Sony's. Another question, which shouldn't cause any forum arguments, is does the Plenue D2 have a higher output than the Sony? The headphones I'm using with the Sony don't seem particularly sensitive, and I'm virtually maxing out the volume on most of my albums.
Yee-haw, problem solved. Applied the Sony volume hack and now I have much more volume headroom. Volume level stays at the last set position when the device is turned off too, instead of starting at level 50 each time.

Might be just me, but the music has opened up a little too. Sorry Cowon, maybe another day.

Mar 9, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #219 of 952
[QUOTE = "HeadphonesRock, post: 14826060, miembro: 374892"] Yee-haw, problema resuelto. Aplicó el truco del volumen de Sony y ahora tengo mucho más volumen de volumen. El nivel del volumen se mantiene en la última posición cuando el dispositivo también se apaga, en el lugar de comenzar en el nivel 50 cada vez.

Podría ser solo yo, pero la música también se ha abierto un poco. Lo siento, Cowon, quizás otro día. [/ CITA]

:k701smile:

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #220 of 952
came across a nicely priced open box exemplar and couldn't resist. hope it's not a dud...

one thing that intrigues me is the DAC's NOS mode. any impressions on that yet?

Mar 12, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #221 of 952
I have relieved my PD2 yesterday and gave it a quick listen at 0h mark and it is very underwhelming. The lack of resolution and general muddiness in HF range is just striking ATM. Let's see what happens after 100h mark. The bass control is also not that great.

Is this expected Cowon house sound or is it supposed to open up with time?

I am not commenting on anything else at this stage just this one aspect.

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #222 of 952
I have relieved my PD2 yesterday and gave it a quick listen at 0h mark and it is very underwhelming. The lack of resolution and general muddiness in HF range is just striking ATM. Let's see what happens after 100h mark. The bass control is also not that great.

Sounds like you might have a defective model or bad headphones. I've never seen anyone call Plenue Ds and Rs muddy, they're more known to be neutral.

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #223 of 952

Did you eq or use any pre sets in bbe ?

Mar 12, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #224 of 952
Did you eq or use any pre sets in bbe ?

It was straight from the box. I have not changed anything. Is it normal that it has 4 tunes on it pre-loaded? ATM my PC is significantly more resolving.

Mar 12, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #225 of 952
From my experience, Cowons sounds better by using its preset eq or by eqing it yourself. Your dap came with music ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back