New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Feb 18, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #151 of 952
Well, it has much more power than plenue D version1, that's for sure.

with in-ears (imr r1 and Zenith) my ears bled if volume increased.
with headphones like hd800s or focal elear changes. I have been able to put it at maximum power without problems (SciOC), nothing weird does.

The cowon sound is from EQ effectively. It's one of its advantages, I think. It gains a lot and has predefined sound very achieved.

Some will think that it does not have wifi or Bluetooth, but there is another market for that. I was looking for a return. Good drums and good sound. I think he gives it to me.
Well, guess that means I'll be returning it assuming cowon doesn't reply to me with a fix... Just as well I suppose. Already have the icy for something else. The form factor (tiny) really isn't my thing.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #153 of 952
With th900, with takstar ml750 goes very well. fantastic sound. Power.

Near p1, DAP I do not want to get rid of. Different, but I like it better than the fiio x5iii. subjectivity.

Better than Shanling M0 that I use by Bluetooth.

In the end, important with which headset or in-ear is associated. Milagros, either.

Feb 18, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #154 of 952
Been checking out the different Cowon models on Head Fi for years and not seen them, I know a few people have also asked for them. Anyone got a link?

Having trouble finding them, it's been years. They were on a Korean site IIRC. Will try and hunt them down when I have some more time.

Feb 25, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #157 of 952
Quick update - the sound quality with the right EQ settings is nothing but amazing. However I connected it to my Fiio A3 Amp using the 3.5mm as line out and it sounds even better. I know I’m kind of double amping but to be fair the music quality is excellent, no hissing or distortion, just good sounds. So if you want a bit more punch connect it to amp and give it a go, i don't think you will be disappointed. Only problem I have now is how to mount the amp to the PD2 without the bands; was thinking I might use some hot glue:)

Feb 25, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #158 of 952
Quick update - the sound quality with the right EQ settings is nothing but amazing. However I connected it to my Fiio A3 Amp using the 3.5mm as line out and it sounds even better. I know I’m kind of double amping but to be fair the music quality is excellent, no hissing or distortion, just good sounds. So if you want a bit more punch connect it to amp and give it a go, i don't think you will be disappointed. Only problem I have now is how to mount the amp to the PD2 without the bands; was thinking I might use some hot glue:)
Velcro

Feb 25, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #159 of 952
20190203_180734.jpg

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #160 of 952
Mar 1, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #163 of 952

Users who are viewing this thread

Back