New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Feb 14, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #136 of 952
Hi, I have plenue d2 newcomer.
I like its sound.
I like its restrained size.
The format of the card is not a problem. I do not see it serious.
Once the database is updated, the following times it turns on reasonably fast.
128 Gb + 64 Gb gives a lot. Yes, better capacity, but there is enough.
SciOC, I'm sorry I can not help. I tried to keep volume high and, I can not stand it. I can not say the same thing happens.

I have to try it more, but I think it is a good product if you know what you want and interests coincide.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #138 of 952
It definitely is not as warm as the m5s. With bbe/jeteffect it can at least rival it. I can't get it loud enough without it glitching out to say confidently that it is in the same league, but it is at least as detailed. Buildwise they are very different though.

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #139 of 952
It definitely is not as warm as the m5s. With bbe/jeteffect it can at least rival it. I can't get it loud enough without it glitching out to say confidently that it is in the same league, but it is at least as detailed. Buildwise they are very different though.

For how long have you had the M5s?

Feb 16, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #140 of 952
For how long have you had the M5s?
I had it about 3 weeks before I returned it due to the EQ not being functional. The device simply wasnt ready for release...

I still remember the sound pretty well. Pretty good sound for the price if you don't mind the warmth.

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:28 AM Post #141 of 952
Ok so my PD2 arrive on Friday and on opening the box I was stuck how small it was, think of a packet of Camels without filters and you have the size.

I put in my music connected my Shure 535’s and too my horror it sounded dreadful, coming from the Fiio X7. I was blown away by how bad it sounded; so I took a step back, got a balanced cable, googled some EQ setting and let the player run for 24hrs before I did a re-test.

Sunday – connected the balanced 535’s made the EQ changes and OMG it sounds wonderful, like I mean really, really good. I think it sounds better then the Fiio X7 and I love, love, love that player.

The sound on the PD2 has real life to it, sounds very clear and clean, lovely separation and just totally great experience. Like I’m totally blown away how good it sounds, considering on Friday I was about to return it lol…..

Pros – sound, sound, sound; battery life to die for.
Cons – so small (I have big hands so its not easy) UI is a bit slow

I’m no expert, but I know what good music sounds like, and this player does it very well; good buy. I would also say the EQ setting make a huge difference, I have never seen EQ settings as good as this before Friday.

Feb 18, 2019 at 5:36 AM Post #142 of 952
Cowon = EQ

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #144 of 952
Feb 18, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #146 of 952
Well, it has much more power than plenue D version1, that's for sure.

with in-ears (imr r1 and Zenith) my ears bled if volume increased.
with headphones like hd800s or focal elear changes. I have been able to put it at maximum power without problems (SciOC), nothing weird does.

The cowon sound is from EQ effectively. It's one of its advantages, I think. It gains a lot and has predefined sound very achieved.

Some will think that it does not have wifi or Bluetooth, but there is another market for that. I was looking for a return. Good drums and good sound. I think he gives it to me.

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #148 of 952
Not all positive. with headphones I thought the sound a bit veiled. I do not remember it that way in plenue D.
but I must try it more. I imagine that the impedance has a lot to say. Let's see how it works with Fostex th900, I guess it's better, better than hd800s, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back