New model Cowon - Plenue D2
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #106 of 952
I thought it was common knowledge by now that cards need formatting in Fat32.

ExFAT worked fine on the plenue 2.... Not sure why a newer player would take a step backwards AND have no way to format on the device itself. It's 2019, not 2005. This should not be an issue. Along with microusb, they need to make some really minor updates to the useability of their products.

Replaced my headphone balanced cable with a new one, the first one from Amazon didn't fit properly so there wasn't any sound. Listening to the Beatles remasterd Helter skelter and using the unbalanced at 65 volume to 50 volume with the balanced cable seems like a vast improvement of something. I am using hifiman 400i headphones. Can anyone tell me the difference between Jet effects headphone 3 and BBE MACH3BASS,and is their a preferred choice other than it's personal. Is either one suppose to better. The menu navigation is fine.
Headphone 3 seems to be popular, not sure of the differences since they're not able to be edited.

I'm still having issues when I get to around volume level 90+ and using anything but"normal" where it'll cut out and start going haywire with distortion and... I don't know how to describe it, but it's a malfunction.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #107 of 952
ExFAT worked fine on the plenue 2.... Not sure why a newer player would take a step backwards AND have no way to format on the device itself. It's 2019, not 2005. This should not be an issue. Along with microusb, they need to make some really minor updates to the useability of their products.

Headphone 3 seems to be popular, not sure of the differences since they're not able to be edited.

I'm still having issues when I get to around volume level 90+ and using anything but"normal" where it'll cut out and start going haywire with distortion and... I don't know how to describe it, but it's a malfunction.[/QUOI could get away with exfat on my Plenue R, but why they continie

I'm still having issues when I get to around volume level 90+ and using anything but"normal" where it'll cut out and start going haywire with distortion and... I don't know how to describe it, but it's a malfunction.

Exfat worked fine on my Plenue R also, why they continue to hamstring the PD & PD2, is beyond me. I'm passing on the PD2 as the original PD is good enough for me, as well as my PR.
If Cowon was upgrading the PD2, why not add jet effect 7, the hardware not able to handle it?

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #108 of 952
Exfat worked fine on my Plenue R also, why they continue to hamstring the PD & PD2, is beyond me. I'm passing on the PD2 as the original PD is good enough for me, as well as my PR.
If Cowon was upgrading the PD2, why not add jet effect 7, the hardware not able to handle it?
Yeah, the only real Difference is 10 band versus 5 band EQ, but it's ridiculous. There is no reason it could not be implemented.

You can't even format to fat32 on a Windows PC without special software now, nor is this documented anywhere.... What? Seriously, this is really basic stuff.

I'm tempted to say screw it and send it back, but it'd be the second product I've returned to jet in a month on amazon....

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #109 of 952

For reasons known to Cowon, this and the Plenue D need cards formatted only to Fat32. I always presumed it was because it was a budget player. Yes it's odd if a card cannot be formatted in the new player.

Yes was disappointed JE 7 wasn't included but again maybe because it's a budget player, the sound is good for something that costs around $250

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #110 of 952
For reasons known to Cowon, this and the Plenue D need cards formatted only to Fat32. I always presumed it was because it was a budget player. Yes it's odd if a card cannot be formatted in the new player.

Yes was disappointed JE 7 wasn't included but again maybe because it's a budget player, the sound is good for something that costs around $250
If i remember right the original PD wasn't budget priced, but still a good sounding player for what it did have. Still have mine with an 128gb card crammed with mp3's.

Feb 8, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #111 of 952
Yeah, the only real Difference is 10 band versus 5 band EQ, but it's ridiculous. There is no reason it could not be implemented.

You can't even format to fat32 on a Windows PC without special software now, nor is this documented anywhere.... What? Seriously, this is really basic stuff.

I'm tempted to say screw it and send it back, but it'd be the second product I've returned to jet in a month on amazon....
They might get a little prickly with returns in that short time span. What else from Jet did you return, if you don't mind my asking?

Feb 8, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #112 of 952
They might get a little prickly with returns in that short time span. What else from Jet did you return, if you don't mind my asking?
Plenue 2, just because I didn't really like it and was within the 30 days.

This is ok so far, aside from the fact that it's not working reliably at high volume..... Which is a deal breaker because that's how I listen . Not sure if it's A firmware issue or if I have a defective unit.

Can someone else test? Put a song on, select something like bbe bass and raise the volume up to 110-120 range and see if it starts to.... Get all screwed up.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #113 of 952
Is it capped because of th

This is ok so far, aside from the fact that it's not working reliably at high volume..... Which is a deal breaker because that's how I listen . Not sure if it's A firmware issue or if I have a defective unit.

Can someone else test? Put a song on, select something like bbe bass and raise the volume up to 110-120 range and see if it starts to.... Get all screwed up

Can someone else test? Put a song on, select something like bbe bass and raise the volume up to 110-120 range and see if it starts to.... Get all screwed up.

Is it capped for volume as the Euro daps are? If you can re select the region it may help. There was a thread about how to do that somewhere on this site.

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #114 of 952
Replaced my headphone balanced cable with a new one, the first one from Amazon didn't fit properly so there wasn't any sound. Listening to the Beatles remasterd Helter skelter and using the unbalanced at 65 volume to 50 volume with the balanced cable seems like a vast improvement of something. I am using hifiman 400i headphones. Can anyone tell me the difference between Jet effects headphone 3 and BBE MACH3BASS,and is their a preferred choice other than it's personal. Is either one suppose to better. The menu navigation is fine.
Try Headphone 3 effect.

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #115 of 952

Did the P2 perform well ? How did the P2 do on high volume ?

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #116 of 952
Is it capped because of th

Is it capped for volume as the Euro daps are? If you can re select the region it may help. There was a thread about how to do that somewhere on this site.
No, I have it set to English, non EU with hearing Protection off. This is the definitely an error. Ive now had it happen on high volume on the normal bbe setting......

Wonder if it's all of them or just my unit...

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #117 of 952
Did the P2 perform well ? How did the P2 do on high volume ?
The P2 was ok. It was underpowered for me and lacked the detail of my hiby r6 so I was a little disappointed with it. No problems with it as a device....

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #118 of 952
The P2 was ok. It was underpowered for me and lacked the detail of my hiby r6 so I was a little disappointed with it. No problems with it as a device....
Lacked detail then why this, no way will this give more details than the P2. Hiby is below average player for details.

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:48 PM Post #119 of 952
Lacked detail then why this, no way will this give more details than the P2. Hiby is below average player for details.
I strongly disagree with that. The r6 and r6 pro extract plenty of detail, and were more detailed than the plenue 2 by a noticeable margin during A-B testing, especially using mseb.

So far, this is pretty detailed, but I'm extremely hamstrung by the problem I'm encountering. I kind of liked bbe/jeteffect so I thought this would be a good alternative with more power than the P2 and dual DAC. I liked the idea of it as a backup player to compare with.

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #120 of 952
I strongly disagree with that. The r6 and r6 pro extract plenty of detail, and were more detailed than the plenue 2 by a noticeable margin during A-B testing, especially using mseb.

So far, this is pretty detailed, but I'm extremely hamstrung by the problem I'm encountering. I kind of liked bbe/jeteffect so I thought this would be a good alternative with more power than the P2 and dual DAC. I liked the idea of it as a backup player to compare with.
Thought you would disagree so if you have the hiby why bother with any cowon. If you had the p2 and hated it why even try the D ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back