New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Jan 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #46 of 538

Quote:
Quote:
They probably meant smallest dynamic driver.

That's not a good thing. Agreed. But whatever, I won't be touching a Monster product.

I'm going to wait until people hear them and report back before passing judgment on them. Again, the smaller driver allows Monster to put them in the front of the earphone casing (which is also the reason behind the earphones' distinctive looks). Anyone heard of the Hippo Shroom/EB? They use a similar design. A small dynamic driver may yield faster transients, so I don't think it's all bad. Besides, these seem targeted more towards the same audience as the Turbine Pro series.

Also, LaptopMag reported the Noel Lee finally admitted that half a thousand dollars for the Tributes was highway robbery.

Jan 6, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #47 of 538
Jan 6, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #48 of 538
You know looking at that link....your technically putting the driver in your ear. This should be interesting, the only downside to this is that cord. I usually reserve judgement as all smart folks do 
tongue.gif
 But...

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #49 of 538
Jan 6, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #51 of 538

Quote:
Quote:

Also, LaptopMag reported the Noel Lee finally admitted that half a thousand dollars for the Tributes was highway robbery.

Whoa, link me (or quote that, yo) if you're not pulling my leg.

I don't think he said it exactly like that, it was more like, nobody was biting for the MD's because they were too expensive, otherwords, sales weren't to great

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #52 of 538

Quote:
The Trumpet headphones are a follow-up to the Miles Davis Tributes, a set of buds that were equally focused on the soft tones of jazz music and cost $499. Monster CEO Noel Lee admitted during the company’s press event that customers were reluctant to adopt a set of earbuds for that price set, and presented the Trumpet as a product that is lower in price but of equal quality to the Tribute

Read more: http://blog.laptopmag.com/monster-unveils-miles-davis-trumpet-earbuds-with-worlds-smallest-audio-drivers#ixzz1AJd2Sg7R

Jan 6, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #53 of 538
Well, no Noel Lee didn't say it was highway robbery himself (hence the lack of quotation marks), but I enjoy a little hyperbole once in a while.
Guess I didn't make it too clear, though.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #54 of 538
Anaxilus you are pure evil...lol. Funny but evil nonetheless.

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #55 of 538
Jan 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #56 of 538
I disagree if you look at your profile avatar then glance at the controls, then look back................
rolleyes.gif
 -repeat 6 times the number of controls-

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:11 AM Post #57 of 538
i hope that doesnt break lol

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #58 of 538
LOL I was actually more interested in that enigmatic new "super tips" than the new MD model itself, Seems like the tip might surpass the current Supertips, Have the Gel Supertips just a slight too big and they stay rapturing your ear outwards dealing you an audio world of pain~!

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #59 of 538

Quote:
Lol @ ericp , You go get them ericp , think of it as atonement for your past Sin of selling your beloved Mds .
deadhorse.gif

Ericp10 = Guilty as Charged!
devil_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back