New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Aug 21, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #526 of 538
Not that this helps I guess but if going to CanJam I can bring mine along for you to take off of my hands for a very modest sum...

If interested, drop me a line :)

Jun 11, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #527 of 538
Bought a pair of used Trumpets two years back for my wife. I was curious as to what they were like. At the time I didn't give them a proper go, cause I had just bought the se535 and honestly thought the Trumpets weren't worth my time .. But my wife loved them.

Looking back the last two years I have owned several reasonably good iems, such as Shure se535, Campfire Lyra II and RHA CL1. None of them blew me away, and I ended up selling them one after the other. Sure they were good, but not what i expected or wanted.

In short of a good iem while searching for a new pair, I picked up the Trumpets. I've been using them the last six months, and I can't believe how good they are, considered how small and old they are. They are currently hooked up to my Hugo 2, and they are just a joy listening to.

I'm not saying they superseed the other iems I have owned, but they sure surprised me the most.

Just had to get this off my chest!

Anyone else still using these baybies?

Cheers!

Jun 11, 2018 at 5:52 AM Post #528 of 538
Bought a pair of used Trumpets two years back for my wife. I was curious as to what they were like. At the time I didn't give them a proper go, cause I had just bought the se535 and honestly thought the Trumpets weren't worth my time .. But my wife loved them.

Looking back the last two years I have owned several reasonably good iems, such as Shure se535, Campfire Lyra II and RHA CL1. None of them blew me away, and I ended up selling them one after the other. Sure they were good, but not what i expected or wanted.

In short of a good iem while searching for a new pair, I picked up the Trumpets. I've been using them the last six months, and I can't believe how good they are, considered how small and old they are. They are currently hooked up to my Hugo 2, and they are just a joy listening to.

I'm not saying they superseed the other iems I have owned, but they sure surprised me the most.

Just had to get this off my chest!

Anyone else still using these baybies?

Cheers!

Props! Glad you feel the same way. I went through 4 under the lifetime warrantee. The timbre is perfect from my impression at the time. Beautiful treble with great extension + semi vented soundstage is just a joy to listen to. If it weren't 400$ (from one posting with no lifetime replacementl), I'd jump on this again for kicks.

Jun 11, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #529 of 538
At the time I loved these. I still have a pair unopened in box, but I like wireless now. These headphones were pretty durable for the design and I love the buds they came with.

Feb 16, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #530 of 538
I'm still getting use out of mine! Just got some JVC Spiral Dot tips to force onto them and they're fantastic with this IEM. I power them out of my Pioneer 300R or Sony ZX300. A classic single DD IEM. One of my all time favs.

Feb 18, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #531 of 538
FFBC62C5-9F01-4516-80C4-B38BD69C9994.jpeg
C4154731-E711-4279-841C-4CD5F748015F.jpeg

Pardon my fingernails...these JVC Spiral Dots are perfect with the Trumpets. They’re not actually made for the Trumpets size wise, I had to stretch it over the nozzle to get it to fit and it took some real effort. But it was well worth it. I feel like they really opened up the soundstage, which was already fantastic but now I feel it’s even wider. I like how the design of the Spiral Dots puts the zozzle of the Trumpet almost at the very end of the tip.

What are you guys using with the Trumpets? Is anyone even still using the Trumpets lol. This thread died a long time ago but I’m trying to revive it dammit!

Feb 24, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #534 of 538
I haven’t used mine in a while. I too am addicted to the convenience of Bluetooth with my AirPods. One of these days I’ll give them a listen to compare the sound.
I'm afraid if you do compare them you'll never use the AirPods again! haha. I understand BT has come a long way and I've even tried it using my ZX300 as a BT receiver but even though it surprised the hell out of me, my head kept telling me I was missing something! My head won't allow me to enjoy wireless anything lmao.

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #535 of 538
Almost a year later and today I decided to pop my old Trumpets back in! Except this time I'm using the included silicone tips that have the gel filling. They sound and fit wayyyy batter than the JVC tips did...weird..since I was swearing by the JVCs a year ago. These IEMs are so good and keep up with anything in my sig.

Feb 6, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #536 of 538
Almost a year later and today I decided to pop my old Trumpets back in! Except this time I'm using the included silicone tips that have the gel filling. They sound and fit wayyyy batter than the JVC tips did...weird..since I was swearing by the JVCs a year ago. These IEMs are so good and keep up with anything in my sig.
Reviving this thread 4 years (and a pandemic) later! Found my old Miles Davis Trumpet box while cleaning out the basement for a move. Shame I found it after packing away my whole headphone rig. I may try them out on my portable gear and see how they fare.

If anyone is interested in a pair, let me know though!

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #537 of 538
Reviving this thread 4 years (and a pandemic) later! Found my old Miles Davis Trumpet box while cleaning out the basement for a move. Shame I found it after packing away my whole headphone rig. I may try them out on my portable gear and see how they fare.

If anyone is interested in a pair, let me know though!
I’m interested if you’re unloading. How much are you thinking and what condition are they in?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back