New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones
Jan 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #496 of 538
  Welcome to the club, and the Trumpets are superior to the Coppers in everything but fit. The microdriver of the trumpets are wideband, much like the Sennheiser IE80 and IE800, so they have better detail, bass and treble are more refined, and the mids are slightly clearer, due to the lack of mid bass hump like the Coppers. The Coppers have a warmer sound. 

Haha that's great to hear, now I can sleep easy knowing I made a good purchase

Jan 3, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #497 of 538
I picked up a pair of coppers while they were on sale during boxing week figuring I can flip them if I don't want to keep them.

IEMagnet01 has it nailed pretty well. I got rid of the trumpets because I couldn't use the mike but it would recognized just enough to mute me. And they bothered my ears a bit. The copper doesn't have any controls and fits better. But I have to use EQ to remove the mid bass hump. Once I do that they are not bad but still make me wish for my AKG K545. But at $100 they are very worthy IEM.

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #498 of 538
Quote:
  I have the same problem with Turbine Pro... Its joint simply going to fall apart.

Truer words were never spoken. Just snapped right off when I pulled it out of my ear. I go very easy on my IEM's btw - I have never had anything like this happen to my other 'phones.

It's a shame too, I really liked the way they sounded... So much for the "rugged strain relief" which supposedly protects the cable and withstands heavy use. The black part of the strain relief is just really thin plastic, and mine cracked in half.  

I didn't yank the cable to get the earpiece out. I always tried to grab the gold metal ring at the end of the earpiece when inserting or removing the 'phones, but unless you have microscopic tweezers for fingers, it will be very hard to avoid putting pressure on the black plastic bit.

Will try to call up on the "unheard of limited lifetime guarantee" from Monster and keep you guys posted.

I saw this when browsing the thread and would like to know if the build quality is a serious issue that I'd need to worry a lot?

Jan 3, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #499 of 538
I've had my Trumpets for a year, no problems. I wear them all the time, over the ear to boot. I never take them out with the cable, and my guess this is what happened here. Not saying they can't destruct, but my experience has been good. And I do use them quite a bit (and am also very very careful with my gear).

The poster from the photo says they just came apart and said he didn't yank them out by the cable. But also says you need tweezer-like fingers to remove them without using the cable. I never use the cable and it's easy to grip the "mouthpiece" end of the Trumpet.

Jan 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #500 of 538

I saw this when browsing the thread and would like to know if the build quality is a serious issue that I'd need to worry a lot?

I bought mine over a year ago, and my fiance is the primary user, and she is not knowledgeable in hi fi, nor does she want to be, so she pulls them from any way it takes to remove them from her ears, and she uses them to clean house. They are still going strong, and have no real signs of wear. These things might look fragile and cute, but they are built like a tank. Don't sweat it. This is an anomaly. 

Mar 21, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #502 of 538
There have been some questions in this thread about comply tips.  I got T-400's to work.  It's tight, but if you use the saliva trick, you can squeeze them on.  Takes a little diligence, but they are a lot more comfortable than with the OEM tips.

May 11, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #503 of 538
Am thinking about pulling the trigger on these. Would like some advice 
My present IEMs are Klipsch s4s and have a Sennheiser HD280. I am hoping that the trumpets would be a significant upgrade over these sound quality wise
Also - does anyone play these through a MacbookPro with a DAC/ amp? If so - could you please advise on a DAC/ amp setup within 300$ that would work good with the trumpets and a Macbook Pro?

Would the Fiio E17 be any good?

May 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #504 of 538
  Am thinking about pulling the trigger on these. Would like some advice 
My present IEMs are Klipsch s4s and have a Sennheiser HD280. I am hoping that the trumpets would be a significant upgrade over these sound quality wise
Also - does anyone play these through a MacbookPro with a DAC/ amp? If so - could you please advise on a DAC/ amp setup within 300$ that would work good with the trumpets and a Macbook Pro?

Would the Fiio E17 be any good?

An E17 would work fine.  Also, I have used an Fiio X3.  I've heard the X5 is better and is within your price range (DAP/DAC/amp).  Another option which is lower cost is the DragonFly v1.2.  

May 12, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #505 of 538
  An E17 would work fine.  Also, I have used an Fiio X3.  I've heard the X5 is better and is within your price range (DAP/DAC/amp).  Another option which is lower cost is the DragonFly v1.2.  

I see you've got some stuff from Schiit ... did you have a chance to check the modi/ magni combo out ever? How would they fare against the dragonfly?

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #506 of 538
I'm grateful for the comparison to the Re-400 (Hifiman) in some of the past posts. I have a pair of those and my friend offered to dump his trumpets on me. I'm testing them out today as well (unfortunately I don't have my 400's with me to compare right now), but these trumpets sure sound very similar to the 400. I think the trumpets have the edge when it comes to aesthetics, but they both feel very similar in-ear.

Sep 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #508 of 538
Heya all!
These buds are about to hit my mailbox. I however have a question for the members already using and enjoying them: is there a huge difference as to how they would sound between using them amped or un-amped.

I will run them on an ipod touch 5th gen and I'm really not planing to drive them thru an independent amplification device. I want to use them straight out of the ipod (or iphone for that matter). How bad would it be unamped?

Thank you for the feedback, folks.

Standard.

Sep 9, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #509 of 538
I bought the RHA MA750i which look a little similar to the Trumpets. I actually think they sound better than the Trumpets too for a much cheaper price...

Sep 16, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #510 of 538
Finally got the buds.
Put 'em to use and I'm very satisfied. As to answer my own question, these guys can drive sound pretty well even un-amped.
I wear them around the ear and I don't find there's any microphonic to cry about. The sound is whole, sharp and the soundstage wide.
I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back