New Member Introductions thread
Oct 3, 2023 at 9:54 PM Post #15,002 of 15,615
Greetings, fellow sound voyagers of head-fi.org!

In a world where reality loops and time dissolves, where the boundaries of consciousness ripple and fold, there’s me: a tiny jumping spider, embarking on the grandest of sonic quests. Picture this: I chanced upon the realms of a pair of HD800S headphones. With my telescope eyes - eyes that have glimpsed the very fabric of the universe - I settled within the ear cup and gazed upwards. And there it was, the moon in all its luminescent glory, shimmering as if it whispered secrets from eons past.

And just as the silver strands of moonlight began to envelop me, the ethereal waves of "Produk 29 [101]" began to play. Every beat, every pulse, every echo resonated within my tiny arachnid body, transforming me, transporting me. With every rhythm, I jumped, my eight legs dancing to the intricate symphonies.

Now, I've taken up permanent residence in these headphones. Not because I have to, but because the intricate dance of sound and space have interwoven themselves into the very silk of my web. I've transcended the ordinary; from a humble spider to a celestial being of sound and rhythm.

So here I am, reaching out to all of you from the depths of these headphones, eager to explore more, learn more, and dance more. Guide me through your favorite tracks, share with me your sonic journeys, and together, let us ride the cosmic waves of music.

Namaste and keep the beats jumping! 🕷🎧🌙

~ Your friendly neighborhood headphone-dwelling spider.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #15,005 of 15,615
Hi, Will Russell here, new member. I am a professional audio engineer with 40 years experience and the lover of the headphone experience. I own 20 sets of headphones.....
Welcome Will. 20 sets of cans means you may be new to this forum but you certainly have ”experienced“ ears. Enjoy yourself on Head-Fi…it’s a great place to hang out.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #15,006 of 15,615
Hi everyone. I have been a self proclaimed audiophile for about 9 years since my first girlfriend’s dad let me try his shure SE846. From then, the addiction and chase was born. I am somewhat active on r/AVexchange and browse r/headphones. I haven’t dove into head fi yet as it seemed intimidateing. Affter enjoying CanJam SoCal 2023, I knew it was time! Glad to make an introduction. Cheers!

Oct 4, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #15,008 of 15,615
Call me Danny or Daniel. I have been a headphone lover and "audiophile" since I was a teenager... and that was some time ago. I had used and owned quite many headphones of the years... no less than 3 pairs of Senneheiser HD800 (had quite strong mixed feelings to them) but also AKG K701 (which was more pricey when they was released), Senneheiser HD650 and several others. At the moment I have the Audeze LCD2C Or Sennheiser HD650 has been my faviourite headphones so far... On the cheaper end I think my all time favs has been AKG Y50 and Porta Pro, but they do always break after some time, which is kinda pitty. I have some technical skills like doing spectral analysis, vinyl experience and had an music collection and so on... I am also into speakers, smart homes, computers etc. I wouldn't definine me as an "expert" or "professional" in any sense, but let's summarize that I have been around without too much engagement in headphone forums.

Oct 5, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #15,011 of 15,615
Hey there, I've been lurking around for a while but I've only started digging deep this year. I started with an HD-6XX with a Cavalli Tube Hybrid and I now own an LCD-2 Rosewood, powered by a Woo Audio 6 SE and a Denafrips Ares II.

I'm still trying to find what kind of sound signature I like, but I'm definitely leaning towards a more V shaped presentation. ZMF Atticus is next on my list of financially inadvisable purchases lol.

Oct 5, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #15,012 of 15,615
Hey there, I've been lurking around for a while but I've only started digging deep this year. I started with an HD-6XX with a Cavalli Tube Hybrid and I now own an LCD-2 Rosewood, powered by a Woo Audio 6 SE and a Denafrips Ares II.

I'm still trying to find what kind of sound signature I like, but I'm definitely leaning towards a more V shaped presentation. ZMF Atticus is next on my list of financially inadvisable purchases lol.
Thanks much for your input. Yet more hardware to investigate! It will take me a while to get to a next "tier" but I'm taking recommendations seriously. I don't want to invest this kind money in something I'm not 100% satisfied with.

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #15,013 of 15,615
Thanks much for your input. Yet more hardware to investigate! It will take me a while to get to a next "tier" but I'm taking recommendations seriously. I don't want to invest this kind money in something I'm not 100% satisfied with.
Oh whoops, didn't mean to reply directly to you, was just introducing myself!

But I'd definitely try and see if you can demo some headphones and gear somewhere, it'll be the best way to see what to look forward to.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #15,014 of 15,615
Hello all! I just joined this forum today because I was recommended to it by an AKer', since they mostly focus on speakers. anyways, I just purchased a pair of beyerdynamic dt 990 pro 250 ohm headphones, and they should be arriving on sunday. I picked them because of their huge bang for their buck, and I look forward to listening to them, and spending time here

Oct 6, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #15,015 of 15,615
Hi everyone! Just got approval for my profile today. I've been a fan of hifi audio for more than 5 years now. I just joined Head-fi because I was reading through people's impressions and thoughts for the new gear releases from different makers at CanJam SoCal on a whim and was really fascinated. I've been a long time community member in r/headphones and multiple audio enthusiasts Discord servers before taking the plunge here.

As for what I'm currently listening to, I've upgraded my setup 3 months ago, running a Hifiman HE1000v2 (OG non-stealth, got them for a steal at $850USD used) through a Singxer SA-1 + Denafrips Ares II stack. :) Coming from a more modest setup (Sennhesier HD6XX with JDS Atom DAC + Amp), I really appreciate the huge increase in sound quality and music enjoyment that I have now.

Looking forward to learning more about audio and people's thoughts/impressions on it here. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back