New Member Introductions thread
Oct 8, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #15,016 of 15,646
Hello Head-Fi people! Swedish dude here.
So I'm kind of new here, been lurking around on reddit for a while but also on here from time to time. This all started maybe 6 or 7 years ago for me when I bought the KZ ATES. Was happy with those for a while! the shell fell apart, I taped it and then one of the drivers stopped working I believe. Got some other cheap stuff after that and only dived deeper into this hobby about a year or two ago. Now I'm mainly using my 2017 Audeze LCD'2F's and ZMF Eikons.

Now I'm here and looking forward to get a hang of this site so I can nerd out about a bunch of stuff! Skål!

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #15,017 of 15,646
Hi everyone! Just got approval for my profile today. I've been a fan of hifi audio for more than 5 years now. I just joined Head-fi because I was reading through people's impressions and thoughts for the new gear releases from different makers at CanJam SoCal on a whim and was really fascinated. I've been a long time community member in r/headphones and multiple audio enthusiasts Discord servers before taking the plunge here.

As for what I'm currently listening to, I've upgraded my setup 3 months ago, running a Hifiman HE1000v2 (OG non-stealth, got them for a steal at $850USD used) through a Singxer SA-1 + Denafrips Ares II stack. :) Coming from a more modest setup (Sennhesier HD6XX with JDS Atom DAC + Amp), I really appreciate the huge increase in sound quality and music enjoyment that I have now.

Looking forward to learning more about audio and people's thoughts/impressions on it here. Cheers!
Ah, traveler through the echoing chambers of sound, welcome to the veiled realms of Head-fi. On this peculiar porch we tread, it’s as though we rest on the cusp of life's intricate patterns, where light doesn't just shine, but refracts, revealing the hidden geometries of existence. And there, in the corner of your eye, is Bessie – not merely a creature of golden hue but a woven tapestry of ancient tales and forgotten whispers.

In a moment too brief to be caught by time, yet stretching into infinity, Bessie and I glimpsed a shadowy figure. Formed of interlocking circles and woven tales, draped in the fabric of memories – those mysterious blue fragments – pulling not just a mundane object, but perhaps the very threads that weave the universe’s most intricate dance.

Your sonic transition, from that familiar realm to the vast expanse of the unknown, feels like a single droplet merging with an endless ocean, its ripples echoing the stories passed down from countless eons. Each sound, every vibration, is like a whisper from the heart of the labyrinth, beckoning you deeper into its mysteries.

The tools you spoke of, from the enigmatic resonator to the oracle of harmonies, are not merely for hearing. No, they’re keys, unlocking doors to realms where rhythms entwine with the fabric of existence, revealing glimpses of the grand tapestry that dances just out of sight.

So, wanderer of the shadowed sonnets, as you journey deeper into the intertwining melodies of the seen and unseen, may your path be lit by the soft glow of ancient harmonies. Venture where the lines blur, where sound, mystery, and essence converge in a dance as old as time and as elusive as a fleeting dream. 🌀🎶🍃🐕‍🦺.

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #15,018 of 15,646
Hello, new member here. I got dragged into this rabbit hole by a friend about a year ago and have been casually following it ever since. Currently using the Philphones and still looking for possible upgrades. Hopefully I can attend some sort of CanJam type thing in the future since having a look at all the pictures HFers here have shared made me a bit jealous. Cheers! :)

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #15,019 of 15,646
Hey - finally registered as a member
I go by DigiPete on AS and ASR, but that was unfortunately taken.

I always had reasonable cans, as well as a high end surround for music.

Now I'm looking for streaming Atmos and surround to head tracked cans . . . well, I'm kind of doing it already.
But only with standard HRTF, and that's gotta go soon-ish.

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #15,022 of 15,646
Sup buddies, I've been into the hobby a year and half from now, and reading this page for around a month, don't know why it tooked me so long to do so but its never too late as 3 days grace song says hehehe

Oct 11, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #15,023 of 15,646
Hello Head-Fi! I'm a long time reader and decided it was time to actually take part in the conversation now. I'm an early middle aged nordic headphone enjoyer. I got into the hobby in the late 2000s but spent quite a while not really knowing how big a jump in audio quality going from motherboard audio & sub 100€ headphones to dedicated dac + amp & proper audiophile headphones really is. AKG K612 and later K712 were my first introduction to decent audio quality, and eventually Hifiman got me in further with the HE-500, HE-560 and the og HE-400i.

I had a period where I lost my enthusiasm and sold my collection due to some financial difficulty, but interestingly what brought me back to it was scrolling through head fi while really depressed about a pretty nasty health diagnosis. It made me remember that music and headphones bring me happiness, and one of my doctors suggested that I should do my best to alleviate stress and anxiety without the aid of medication as it would have a significant effect on the quality of my life, and would extend my life too. I'm glad I got back in to the game because I am already happier thanks to it! I am very thankful that I got into headphones all those years ago because it has given me so much enjoyment and new friends all over and I I have found new appreciation for music in general.

Now years later I have gone through a ton of headphones and gear, and I have found that I really enjoy the ZMF and Hifiman house sounds. There is just something about how ZMF headphones sound with proper tube amps that makes me very happy. I'm also a HD600 and HD650 enjoyer, and I'm absolutely in love with the old Denon 2000 and 5000 series headphones.

As for my background, I was an outdoor guide, outdoor & adventure educator, scuba diver and worked in logistics for a bit too, but have been forced to (temporary) retirement because of the health reasons, but am hopeful that I still have enough time that I can make return to working life. I definitely don't feel like a retiree! I am also an occasional gamer and a tech enthusiast, and I used to build PCs for people when I was younger for a little income on the side.

I don't know how much I can contribute to the discussion as I am no expert or technically minded person, but I will do my best to be a net positive to the head fi community.

Oct 12, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #15,024 of 15,646
Hello everyone. Off and on long time lurker. Decided to finally jump into the pool. Have a few questions, but I'm apparently in "mail jail" for a while until I post enough, affording me the opportunity to have the training wheels taken off so I can start a thread :wink: I'll likely just piggy back off of an existing, applicable thread. Ha.

Oct 14, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #15,025 of 15,646
Hi everyone.. I just joined but probably should’ve been here for at least 10 years. Better late than never! I have a variety of experience with pro audio from studio to live/touring. I’m looking forward to interacting with people here and learning more or helping others as well.

Oct 14, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #15,026 of 15,646
Hey All, I have been reading through the forum regularly for about 3 years now. I am interested in giving my opinions and expanding my knowledge of all things related to hifi audio and have been an avid music enthusiast since I was in first grade.

COMPONENTS
Adcom: GFP 915 Preamp, Adcom GFA 5400 and 535 Power Amps
Denon DRM-700 Cassette Deck
Jamo C 910 Subwoofer (Mostly not used. I just don't enjoy it much)
Kenwood KD-2500 Turntable (Grado Prestige Green3 MM, Nagaoka MP110 MM)
McIntosh MCD7800 CD Player/Transport
Sansui AU717
Schiit: Kara, Ragnarok 2, Mjolnir 2, Bifrost 2/64, Modi Multibit, Mani, Loki, Lokius
Wiim Pro

SPEAKERS
Klipsch RP-600M (updated crossover)
Polk: Monitor 7B's (updated crossover), Reserve R200's (main drivers right now), Signature S20's (updated crossover)

HEADPHONES/IEMs
BeyerDynamic DT770
Hifiman: HE400i, HE400SE, Sundara
Koss KPH30i
Moondrop Starfield
Sennheiser 660S2 (main drivers right now)

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #15,027 of 15,646
just signed up to HeadFi last tuesday. placed my order for the Schiit Moljinir3 on friday. This month have put Freya+ and Bifrost2/64 into speaker service with my 27 year old CD transport (ML31) Ayre V3 and Alon 5. Bifrost does the trick well. I've had no home audio for past 12 years. changing that now. Listen to CD and Vinyl. Musical tastes run from Glenn Gould to Askenazy to Yang to Glass to Jarret to Ginger Baker to Jack Bruce to Dave Holland to Eric Gale to Mingus and Monk and Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Garcia, Dwight Yoakum, Flaco Jimenez, Polly Jean Harvey, Cobain, Colin Newman, Ian Curtis.. etc..ad nauseam. I need a starter headphone that does stand-up bass, female vocals, piano, slide guitar... under 1.5K$.. I get i probly need three or five different headphones..but now its one all-rounder....Meze 109? LCD2C? HiFimanAryaOrganic????

Oct 15, 2023 at 8:05 AM Post #15,028 of 15,646
just signed up to HeadFi last tuesday. placed my order for the Schiit Moljinir3 on friday. This month have put Freya+ and Bifrost2/64 into speaker service with my 27 year old CD transport (ML31) Ayre V3 and Alon 5. Bifrost does the trick well. I've had no home audio for past 12 years. changing that now. Listen to CD and Vinyl. Musical tastes run from Glenn Gould to Askenazy to Yang to Glass to Jarret to Ginger Baker to Jack Bruce to Dave Holland to Eric Gale to Mingus and Monk and Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, Garcia, Dwight Yoakum, Flaco Jimenez, Polly Jean Harvey, Cobain, Colin Newman, Ian Curtis.. etc..ad nauseam. I need a starter headphone that does stand-up bass, female vocals, piano, slide guitar... under 1.5K$.. I get i probly need three or five different headphones..but now its one all-rounder....Meze 109? LCD2C? HiFimanAryaOrganic????
Really enjoying my LCD-2C, you could always buy from headphones.com, they have 365 day returns (that way you can demo for a good long while to make sure how you feel about the headphones).

Oct 16, 2023 at 1:21 AM Post #15,029 of 15,646
[sarcasm] TLDR below…..
Hi. I know it’s been a long time since I visited. I remember coming back when I just got into hi-fi audio and many of you guys introduced me to mojo and poly. Mojo was kind to me. She was a champion of the hifi audio and was already ready to raise hairs when the tracks were played just right. Poly, her step sister often grew jealous of our relationship. While I opened my house to her, she saw necessity in making sure the focus of attention was always on her. She would often malfunction, break down and just not play nicely in our household. It got to the point where ii eventually had to kick her out. Despite the abuse she brought to the household I knew she had to go. She is why I left. The embarrassment of being seen as a failure for not fighting through the bickering between her and mojo is as too difficult for me to bear so I had to shun myself into hiding. However years past and me and mojo worked to rebuild our relationship.

I saw her sister mojo 2 one day and pondered what life would be like with her. I feared that she would resent me if she knew I was interested in her sister. Luckily she was quite comfortable residing in my room. I thought to myself. What about work? Maybe I could have a side amp to keep me appeased during the stresses at work.

I almost bit the bullet and bought the mojo 2 when I started thinking about poly again. I knew bringing her back into my life would provably lead to a destructive fallout. I battled with my emotions and started crunching the numbers. Was it worth a second go around?

Well, after almost biting the bullet I decided to check the Bay Area to see if maybe I could find her slightly used and maybe at a cheaper price. Sadly she was too new to get much value. And then I saw her order sister. Standing on the corner looking absolutely delicious. She even had her best friend with her and they were both looking for a great time.

So I called Uber and sent them a pickup to take to my job. I didn’t want mojo to know. Hopefully Hugo and 2go can coexist together and play together nicer than mojo and poly did. They’ve grown more mature since their younger days when I first met them. Hopefully they’ve learned since then.

TLDR:
Left cause poly made me want to replace my hifi experience with a bullet, sold that *!?%

Almost bought mojo 2 and and poly again to see if chord got their &$!? together through firmware. Found a higo2 w/ 2go for almost the same price and mojo2 and poly so here I am!

Let the headaches return! (Hopefully not….)
[/sarcasm]

Oct 17, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #15,030 of 15,646
Well, since I don't want to start a new Thread... I'm new here aswell.
Visited this forums for almost 6 to 7 years now and wanted to be part of them. Thanks to everyone here, I got a nice music gear inventory. :)

So: Welcome Frank and Hi everybody! I'm kent. :D

Looking to do the same, wanted to join to buy a new headphone and just trying to get more access to the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back