New Member Introductions thread
Oct 28, 2022 at 7:12 AM Post #14,042 of 15,539
Quick Introduction.

I love music. I use music to support my health and well-being. My parents both love music and my first exposure to music from Vinyl being played on a Garrard SP25 Mk3. A Rotel amplifier and Hacker Speakers. Alas the Garrard let out the smoke and off we went to our local hi-fi store.

In the demo room was an LP12. Cannot remember the arm or cartridge, through a Naim Nait Amp and Gayle speakers. Well as you can imagine our jaws dropped. Hooked.

We could not afford a new LP12, arm and Cartridge by some way. We did however a couple of months later get a call from the store to say they had taken in an LP12 from a customer that was downsizing his equipment. We jumped in the car and half an hour later we were the proud owners of a Linn LP12 Transcription Turntable.

Anyway, waffle aside, family, children, space and technology resulted in selling all my audio equipment which paid for a new small family car. (Massive Regret)

I have commenced my journey into what is undoubted to be a hobby that will bankrupt me. Currently I am using Focal Clear MG. Topping A90 Amp. Cambridge Audio DAC and some custom leads.

I am scouting around for some decent closed back headphones (Probably second hand) as I also want to pair the Clear MG with a different amp.

My name is Alan and look forward to digesting many topics of interest in the Forums...

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #14,045 of 15,539
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I've had a pair of Shure SRH840's for many years that I have mostly used for practicing electric guitar quietly and for music recording, but more recently I've been using them more to just enjoy listening to music and have been impressed with how good a sound I can get and how rewarding it is just to listen with good quality sound (at least good compared to what I"m used to myself).

I've been doing some homework on good closed back headphones and portable amps/dacs for just enjoying listening to music (of all kinds), much of it lurking on this forum which has a huge amount of information, and will hopefully settle on something right for me.

Oct 30, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #14,046 of 15,539
Hey I'm Torrey. I got into headphones around 2012. My first major pair of headphones were DT770's and they brought up the subject of needing an amp and things progressed from there. I later got in to 2 channel stereo and that took the lead in audio interest for me. I've since had to sell almost all my gear and now live in a situation where speakers are not an option so I'm back in the head game. I got another set of DT770's and casually listened, but one day during a free trial of Apple Music I heard some hi res music and it rekindled the interest for me. I used the 770s and a iRig I/o mobile recording interface as a DAC/amp at first but am currently using Grado 225x's (which I love) and a dragonfly red. I'll be around the Grado fan club thread most of the time. That is all. Peace.

Oct 30, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #14,047 of 15,539
Hi everyone! I first got into headphones probably back around 2010 or 2011 when I purchased a pair of Bose AE2s from the Apple Store. It was not until a couple of years later when my dad begin getting into headphones, amp, and personal audio equipment as a main hobby that I too began to build my headphone collection. My purchases lean mainly towards items with a good price to performance ratio, and nothing over US $150. Currently, my main headphones are a Beyerdynamic DT 990 driven via a Schitt Audio Magni 3, a Sony WH-1000XM3 for travel / noise isolation, a Jabra Elite 7 Pro for workouts, and a Razer Nari Essential for PC gaming.

Oct 31, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #14,049 of 15,539
Started the hobby recently and been dabbling in Focal Elegia (cheap compared to the rest of their line), Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic. Very fun to enjoy your music or games with different flavors.
I've read that the Sennheiser IEMs are pretty great. If you haven't looked into high resolution audio files and a DAC, they will add another dimension to your listening enjoyment.

Nov 1, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #14,051 of 15,539
I've beena member around here for a while but don't really post much. I play guitar, love metal, jazz, electronic music, and a bunch of other stuff. I have tried tons of headphones and have found myself to be part of the He6 fanatics!

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #14,052 of 15,539
Glad to have found this forum! I am starting my journey into IEMs and headphones after dabbling in wireless earbuds and more traditional stereo systems. Mostly modern pop music or classical. Also have a soft spot for acoustic guitar. I am a classically trained violist with a degree in music performance. I hope I can learn lots from this forum!

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #14,053 of 15,539
Hi everyone. I'm kinda new and old here. Actually I've been into the hobby for the past 1 year. Never liked interacting that much with people. Been to this forum a couple of times for research purpose but never created an account and stuffs. Also, with my whatsoever experience I've put up a blog called Untrue Sounds. Maybe will interact with others from now on. Cheers!

Nov 3, 2022 at 8:02 PM Post #14,055 of 15,539
Hi. I've only been in the hobby for about a year but want to step things up. My focus is on iems at the moment. Right now I'm looking for a TOTL unit that fits my tastes. Looking forward to talking to you all.
I reccomend the u18t. Safe bet usually but you gotta try yourself first, preferably not into a phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back