New Member Introductions thread
Dec 31, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #13,217 of 15,646
Hello! It's Iwan here.
Just sum Malaysian young man regaining my interest in audio, and currently exploring more about it.
My newest and current daily driver is the Koss KSC75, which I'll make a review later on.
Other collections that I have are Moondrop Spaceship, Kz Zsn Pro X, and some cheap earphones/headphones.
Nice to meet you all ^^

Jan 2, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #13,219 of 15,646
Greetings head-fi! I found this forum a couple years ago (late 2019) as I got interested in headphones and finally decided I should join. Happy to have been accepted as a member. I’ve learned a lot here anonymously, attended the 2020 NYC CanJam (an overload for this headphone noob), and spent way more money on gadgets than is probably reasonable. I still consider myself a headphone noob, and my audiophile experience (2-channel form) is from the 80’s and 90’s, so it’s been a trip learning the new (to me) players in the space. For instance, I’ve still got a couple Linn LP12 turntables, but had no idea who dCS was when I attended CanJam (I skipped their side room and I’ve been kicking myself since I learned what they are).

Jan 2, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #13,220 of 15,646
Happy New Year everyone! I have been lurking in the shadows for a couple of years and decided it was time to join up. Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this impressive forum. I was an audiophile years ago and with the pandemic, found myself drawn to headphones and IEMs . I have learned so much through this group and have been sucked into this rabbit hole so unexpectedly. I live in southern Maine, so access to good equipment to demo is severely limited. I continue to learn and upgrade and have had a lot of fun in the process. I look forward to more adventures, guided by this group…. Mark

Jan 3, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #13,225 of 15,646
Hello all. New to the site and new to audio. I tend to do things a little overboard when I jump into something. Bought a Violectric V200/V800 stack, Schiit Jotunheim2/Bifrost2 stack, and a wa7 along with a pair of Audeze LCD-2C, Focal Clear MG Pros and Abyss Diana TC.

Not everything has come in yet so I’m not sure what I do or don’t like, but I feel I have a decent understanding of what I want from my limited listening. Already looking at pieces to move on from and what to buy next.

Want to get a streamer as I’m more into the streaming than I may be gathering a bunch of vinyl or CDs again. I do have access to 20k+ vinyl and a couple thousand CDs if I want to dig them out of storage…just seems like I need to get my feet under me before I get too crazy.

Jan 4, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #13,227 of 15,646
Hi,
I am a newbie, so please excuse my jargon(or lack thereof), I am looking to buy my first DAP that is the Ibasso DX160, but since I am just starting out, I don't have a hi res library of my own, and have to largely depend on the players ability to stream/download and play for an App, so my question is does APPLE MUSIC song once downloaded, play at the Hi-Res Losess i.e. 24 bit/192 Hz on the Ibasso, or does it switch to the navie AAC.
Thanks regard

Jan 4, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #13,229 of 15,646
I've made a couple audio purchases during the Covid times and looking to make a few more...next post will be seeking input on a different options.

Jan 4, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #13,230 of 15,646
Hello all. Now i am listening to Aeon Flow Open, CA Atlas, CA Cascade in portable via KANN and LPG 2017. I decided to join you in order to understand what to buy for stationary listening with a margin (Burson Conductor 3XR or combo of soloist and composer 3XP), so that in the future there will be enough for such top planars as the Final D8000 pro/Meze Empyrean/Abyss 1266 TC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back