New Member Introductions thread
May 3, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #12,541 of 15,519
La verdad me he estado planteando cogerme un FiiO M6 o un Sony NWA55L, ya que puede usarse como DAC y aunque no salgo mucho de casa (con esto del teletrabajo ya sabes) para el coche también me podría venir bien ya que tiene entrada jack. Lo que no tengo muy claro es si habrá una diferencia muy sustancial entre los 150 euros del FiiO y 150 euros gastados en un dac "normal". Me gustaria saber tu opinion a ver si me animo. Gracias por las recomendaciones, saludos!
Son conceptos diferentes. Sin quieres portabilidad y un poco todo-en-uno, lo mejor es un DAC portátil. Si compré el SMSL (que tiene salida analógica balanceada) fue por los monitores activos que uso, los Focal Shape 40 (https://www.focal.com/es/pro-audio/bafles-de-monitorizacion/shape/bafles-de-monitorizacion/shape-40). Si sólo usara los auriculares, no haría falta; podría usar el FiiO M5. El FiiO M6 o el Sony son buenas opciones. Yo he tenido el M9, con un Android reducido. Luego el M11, ya con Android totalmente funcional. Los vendí ambos porque me tiré a la psicina y compré los Sennheiser HD800s de 300 ohmios junto al FiiO M15 en una oferta: sonido absoluto.
O sea, que lo mejor es que DAC y auriculares combinen bien. Que tengan Android es una ventaja si, como es mi caso estás suscrito a algún portal de streaming Hi-Res. En mi caso, a Primephonic (sólo música clásica). Con el M6 puedes suplir la carencia de Android usando el modo Blutú receptor conectado al movil. Los FiiO suelen incorporar el Blutú 4.2 con LDAC y Aptx.
Con todo, el mundillo de los DACs es una locura y obliga a elegir en función del uso que le vayas a dar. ¡Los hay hasta híbridos con amplificación digital y vávulas! Por ejemplo: https://hifigo.com/products/cayin-n3-pro-n3-pro?_pos=1&_sid=6a1b2c3a0&_ss=r

May 3, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #12,542 of 15,519
Hi,

I'm part of the huge influx of Covid-inspired head-fi fans. I started to look into headphones about a year ago and went through a rapid (and costly) evolution as I learned more and more. My first purchase was a Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC and Lyr 3 amp, along with a ZMF Verite Open. While I was waiting for the Verite to be built, I bought a Focal Stellia so that I could use the new Schiit gear.

Changing the tube in my Lyr 3 was eye-opening, and made me want to learn more about tubes, so I asked ZMF if they could add a Pendant to my order. I loved the Pendant so much that I wanted to try more tube amps, and recently bought an ampsandsound Nautilus. Even though they're made by the same company, the Nautilus has a much more "natural" sound than the Pendant.

I absolutely love my current setup, but I was still curious about whether it could be improved by changing the DAC. I was lucky enough to borrow a Schiit Yggy last week, and was amazed at the difference in sound between the Bifrost 2 (which was so good that I doubted it could be improved upon) and the Yggy (which is even better IMO, with blacker blacks and even more detail). So now, hopefully my final purchase (please stop laughing) will be an Yggy or equivalent quality DAC. At that point, I should be done buying things for a while (I can see that smirk on your face).

I actually lied about not buying anything else. I was also curious about Roon, and am in the middle of a project to build a PI2AES and NUC to stream Roon on my network.

I realize the addictive part of our hobby causes us to keep trying to squeeze that extra 1% of quality of the sound, so I have to keep reminding myself that I am still content listening to my original setup of Bifrost 2 and Lyr 3, and it is the music that's important.
Holy smokes! Welcome! That is some killer gear you now have. I wish I could hear the Yggy/Nautilus combo. I'm new here as well, also own a Stellia and love it. I don't own a Bifrost, but a friend does and I really enjoyed. Considering getting into a high end headphone tube amp, maybe from ampsandsound as well. What types of music do you gravitate towards?

May 4, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #12,543 of 15,519
Hi Everyone,

New member here. In the past I was able to gather valuable information before buying my entry level IEMs back in 2015, which were Fostex TH-5, with Linum cables and custom molded tips. Still use them today.

I registered since I am looking to upgrade my DAP while thinking about implementing it into my home system as a main source. Decided on the A&K SE200 with the cd ripper/player mkii. If anyone has any experience with this, I would be curious to hear about it. Also, if anyone is selling the above mentioned devices in a fairly new condition, don't hesitate to pm me.

Looking forward to read some more and thanks to everyone and head-fi for the great work and content.

May 4, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #12,544 of 15,519
Hi everyone,
This is my first post in the forum. I mostly listen to classical music, and of course I’m interested in everything related to the high end.
Pues yo estoy en el mismo caso; casi lo único que oigo es música clásica. Estoy abonado a Primephonic (un portal sólo de músicla clásica en streaming HD) y almaceno una audioteca personal en un disco duro portátil de casi ¡5 Tb! Compré el año pasado los Sennheiser HD800s y son absolutamente apabullantes. Sus 300 ohmios, sin embargo, no permiten usarlos con DAPs normalitos; tengo un FiiO M15 que los alimenta sin problemas. La inversión (más de 2000 euros) ha valido la pena. Con todo, hay auriculares maravillosos por debajo del precio excesivo de los HD800s. Tengo también unos Audeze Sine cerrados y magnetoplanares que compré de super oferta por 300 euros porque ya estaban descatalogados. Sabía que sonaban muy planos, pero averigüé que hay un bielorruso que, por encargo, fabrica almohadillas específicas. Lo supe a trevés de este post de una de las mejores páginas de análisis técnico de auriculares que conozco, DIY-Audio-Heaven: https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/audeze/sine/
Pagué 50 euros por ellas, pero el resultado es asombroso. Los Sine son ahora unos auriculares cerrados estupendos para música clásica.
He probado y desechado los siguientes modelos: Meze Classics (bajos edulcorados y agudos inexistentes), Hifiman Sundara (planos y ergonómicamente desastrosos) y los Pionner SE-MHR5 (sonido mediocre). Si no hubiera comprado los HD800s, habría optado por los HD660, en abiertos. Y en auriculares cerrados, me encantaría probar los Austrian Audio H55, en principio destinados a monitoreo pero con evaluaciones estupendas en la línea que busco (sonido detallado, no demasiado "analíticos", con bajas frecuencias perceptibles pero controladas...).

May 4, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #12,545 of 15,519
Holy smokes! Welcome! That is some killer gear you now have. I wish I could hear the Yggy / Nautilus combo. I'm new here as well, also own a Stellia and love it. I don't own a Bifrost, but a friend does and I really enjoyed. Considering getting into a high end headphone tube amp, maybe from ampsandsound as well. What types of music do you gravitate towards?
Thanks @ Lx3A! I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the Yggy. It was on loan, and I would have been happy to not spend any money and stick with the Bifost 2, but it really took the Nautilus to another level. I wasn't even doing any critical listening, just wanted to put some music on for enjoyment, but I wasn't prepared for the background to be so black that guitars were leaping out of nothing on the intro to Highway To Hell. I'd just never experienced that before. And as you know, the Stellia is highly-resolving, so the extra detail from the Yggy was actually quite overwhelming at first with the Stellia, to the point where I wasn't sure if I liked it. But after a few minutes for my brain to adjust, it got really addictive. I liked it so much I just bought @vk80's Yggy.

As far as music goes, I listen to most genres other than jazz, but most of my listening is 70's classic rock, 80's synth pop, 90's British Indie & US Grunge, and then whatever music takes my fancy from subsequent decades. On the classical side, I'm more of a Mozart piano concerto fan. I'd say that rhythm and speed are important to me, along with the ability to present raw music as raw, without smoothing anything over.

May 5, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #12,546 of 15,519
Hi,

I'm part of the huge influx of Covid-inspired head-fi fans. I started to look into headphones about a year ago and went through a rapid (and costly) evolution as I learned more and more. My first purchase was a Schiit Bifrost 2 DAC and Lyr 3 amp, along with a ZMF Verite Open. While I was waiting for the Verite to be built, I bought a Focal Stellia so that I could use the new Schiit gear.

Changing the tube in my Lyr 3 was eye-opening, and made me want to learn more about tubes, so I asked ZMF if they could add a Pendant to my order. I loved the Pendant so much that I wanted to try more tube amps, and recently bought an ampsandsound Nautilus. Even though they're made by the same company, the Nautilus has a much more "natural" sound than the Pendant.

I absolutely love my current setup, but I was still curious about whether it could be improved by changing the DAC. I was lucky enough to borrow a Schiit Yggy last week, and was amazed at the difference in sound between the Bifrost 2 (which was so good that I doubted it could be improved upon) and the Yggy (which is even better IMO, with blacker blacks and even more detail). So now, hopefully my final purchase (please stop laughing) will be an Yggy or equivalent quality DAC. At that point, I should be done buying things for a while (I can see that smirk on your face).

I actually lied about not buying anything else. I was also curious about Roon, and am in the middle of a project to build a PI2AES and NUC to stream Roon on my network.

I realize the addictive part of our hobby causes us to keep trying to squeeze that extra 1% of quality of the sound, so I have to keep reminding myself that I am still content listening to my original setup of Bifrost 2 and Lyr 3, and it is the music that's important.
We've already talked on this but I feel like a bull in the china shop. Someone should follow me around picking up the pieces as I buy and sell like crazy. My rampage has to end. I did boot camp in Chicago in November, that's a cold place. Also visited during the summer when it's hot and muggy.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #12,547 of 15,519
We've already talked on this but I feel like a bull in the china shop. Someone should follow me around picking up the pieces as I buy and sell like crazy. My rampage has to end. I did boot camp in Chicago in November, that's a cold place. Also visited during the summer when it's hot and muggy.
I completely sympathize. I think my rampage has finally come to an end, I think partly because I hate A-Bing equipment, which turns listening to music (or 20 second snippets of music) into a job. I don't particular care if upgraded versions of my equipment comes out because I like what I have so much. Someone can quote this back to me when the Yggy 2 comes out and my "gotta have it" frenzy gets turned on again.

Chicago has a wonderful Spring and Fall, it's just a shame that they only last a couple of weeks before we get hit by either the frigid winter or the hot and muggy summer.

May 5, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #12,548 of 15,519
Hello! I am new here (but have been lurking for a few years). I've enjoyed all of the info, reviews, occasional tifs. Look forward to interacting with the community!

A little background; I generally listen to either classical, kpop, 80s new wave, 90s rock/indie. I don't necessarily have a preferred sound signature (hence my wide array of headphones....how can the same person have the T1 AND the Purplehearts and enjoy them both?). I will say that generally when I get into a hobby I lean much more towards variety over single best so that prob puts me squarely into the mid tier hifi category (i.e. $1500 is my limit really)

As far as equipment, it's all in my signature. Anyhow, look forward to being part of the community!

RLxmkA-b2J0rg6EEIER5blzYYYkteQmSlBrVMMw4-k7dWY_w2QNCC--xhB0_ge6EZaCUzaYGPU-qp1OkWVvclv0YtC3Oz6KQm0sKfhv7qkAgKhuZZ2wy2WVUt3v38QGZAuVzKf3OTL338SHKuIXC2gCbaxw0kftOf6k_-YtNtCiOCo2K2QBQKeFfs_vOEDnVqzRCrkwpKW_xDz01P3HjBpz9nAmJZodrLriSMbgwa8cozv1wSt_WJKlUy2pmzI069jBNqIXFniUECIq69q_nO-ejg9QkpdTBh0bxu7-u2OZ9Iwj0pyLN5aRP_Hie-yn0-m4j8rfoKjeBZs5aVCqrBiOWWhMYE4Hrlx_5sdVbmIt3DCWRN6-J81mcno3-5wJzFOi6URxH330uwj3mFc47jOw2klLdSaikcUIeT3oBcrKkhqk5eWJYWbSRCqBn4aAJj9PGcFO5PLJrbZPJYsJBAKMDcrRL0qpMAHP1G0l9AtMY73826vlYViVJOsAgOt6GwXmA6G7G9R26A2bVczjs0y6RCKrdxLIi2CrP4hk0hCEtnw8EhCV-lfGkFavRqqv8bp7ryWauPUYwvE7CJlNCSOZx9OaYv1O3VW5BRhIjWCTv6Zc4vswvlg3GOU-vGvVVM9y59WHPanWmJ6tOSABZDyUybKQ7b9c2RcdYv9oeE4SqsNlhhZBXD_jWM4d1nQRMkia4sG24T2bgbcA7JfWuVRH0xw=w660-h880-no

pZ0UQ4GVuEk6hXyh2HJQuGe-dv2c8sCqLHfZ78XAHIxmvghPAQ22PZ_qft6SFASDiuT2fmGE06QBVh56rtWsEwwjg7Dm3RWyI18RMwgdtr8odpNYz-HNFWKLCHSYfhKjd7Nn84Sv1RmkFNz2vDBrW1q_4l-c_VJ2xk7J7F9uO2vxW-2NLWYWTNHp-lOt4EnfXbtuNk_H9mXxZEmNR-ezqsedlCmbYb5V2AJbxLEgkB--bXHPwVkuTA84WD4JGAt7FSrPJIvOr6H9ZqyQHS2p0NZIB65Q69BNl1QU3cR4yYVyjpcDaJu0W1TC-Ao7K80T4m7jSpDG1DQ9sZFDy40pP-4H2X4_i6kxpvKwScc3XIjBUcUbmLcFQQanhOYr2x0ijb8m29nZs40B6uRp8eoVTwkwyK4jlfM1U57jbAi4SKT38F6lsQaa5yS3Q1phwWPvtpj4hFeujk6JVs3XGiNEUgEffngIlEcs04AeOB58eG9Z04AbwLNU0F3JlRsrOaZZrGMd4gU4QwZ4giKlV4rTxUl0YpQLRALxjfkhLmU5XTheKOfbu_NPY_L00Up8MiIGPCEYrb9X09ZozYSH6ODt_lpUnBMa4XPyUFdVR386_KgAxeOvkgZuqQo-S9A26d0dgFqO6pU3DEzwJ2PPMjqGQscU_uvjPdQQsv3QS8MG05o1R2neE9qDQmnxYQ_Tyt94xE4jAuox0SQom_zQJ-hrIqfmng=w660-h880-no

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #12,550 of 15,519
Hi, Rob here! I’m a life long music lover and was first exposed to music during my early childhood by my dad who was a musician back in the paisley 60s. I vividly remembers the stacks of LP records and 8-Track tapes in our living room which I fiddled around as a kid. Unfortunately I did not inherit any of my dad’s musical DNA but have great affinity towards music. Like many I’m a long time reader here that finally decides to get interactive, can’t say I’m an audiophile per se but I do indulge myself with budget gears from time to time. I’m mostly into IEM and portable source gears. Pleased to meet you all.

May 6, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #12,551 of 15,519
Hi everyone!
Gonna make this short af (not rlly):
-U can call me by my username/usertag.
-I'm totally new to the hi-fi world, I got motivated to join the community after months of scrolling through the forum and learning from more experienced ppl.
-I follow the DankPods channel on yt, so to keep me update on good deals, crappy music gear, etc etc.
-Hablo inglés y español.
-I'm interested on budget gear/chinese iem deals as this is a very recent hobby and I don't want to risk wasting money on something I might drop/quit anytime.
-I play guitar, but I wish I had picked bass instead.
That being said, I hope I can get along well with most of you:wink: (I think I'll end up being a ghost user tho haha)

May 6, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #12,553 of 15,519
Hi everyone!
Gonna make this short af (not rlly):
-U can call me by my username/usertag.
-I'm totally new to the hi-fi world, I got motivated to join the community after months of scrolling through the forum and learning from more experienced ppl.
-I follow the DankPods channel on yt, so to keep me update on good deals, crappy music gear, etc etc.
-Hablo inglés y español.
-I'm interested on budget gear/chinese iem deals as this is a very recent hobby and I don't want to risk wasting money on something I might drop/quit anytime.
-I play guitar, but I wish I had picked bass instead.
That being said, I hope I can get along well with most of you:wink: (I think I'll end up being a ghost user tho haha)
Hey! I also have a guitar but I'm selling it right now. I also realized that I prefer playing bass :sleepy:. I'm also interested in cheap stuff (people call this chi-fi, there are some spanish blogs where you can find cheap stuff). My first buy is CCA CSN IEMs, it hasn't arrived yet.

What's your gear? What music do you like?

Feel free to PM if you wanna talk in Spanish :)

May 6, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #12,554 of 15,519
Hi everyone! Long time lurker - really appreciate all of the resources here that I've used over the years. Finally made an account to start looking into the classifieds section for gear upgrades.

I listen to mostly EDM and also do a lot of PC gaming.

I've been using my AD700 headphones for an eternity now and am finally looking to upgrade. Recently picked up the Schiit Magnius + Modius stack so I can potentially support some higher end headphones with a balanced XLR connection 🙌

That's it for my introduction, looking forward to it!

May 6, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #12,555 of 15,519
Hey! I also have a guitar but I'm selling it right now. I also realized that I prefer playing bass :sleepy:. I'm also interested in cheap stuff (people call this chi-fi, there are some spanish blogs where you can find cheap stuff). My first buy is CCA CSN IEMs, it hasn't arrived yet.

What's your gear? What music do you like?

Feel free to PM if you wanna talk in Spanish :)
What guitar do u have?
I personally play a reverse headstock partcaster (one humbucker, one volume knob and killswitch) I modded the f*ck out of.

CCA and KZ are always a good first buy, or so I've been told. Pretty sure those a real good too, tho I don't like the way most of 'em look? Plastic-y? lmao Idk how to explain it.
I prefer resin iems, handsome/professional lookin imo.
Bought some Tiandirenhe resin buds (not to confuse with trn)and mmcx cables that have yet to arrive to my country.
As to music tastes: I don't think I can properly explain it, there are weeks I'm hyper focused on one genre/album, and next week I jump into other lol
La comunidad de habla hispana debería de mantenerse unida, en mi opinión hay pocos aficiónados del hi-fi en latinoamerica (soís libres de corregirme fellow latinos), realmente no es un hobby que ves todos los días al menos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back