New Member Introductions thread
Mar 16, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #12,392 of 15,533
I am new here as well. I have a large selection of headphones from cheapo chifi to nice Senns. I own KZ ZSX 12 IEMs, Senn hd650, razer krakens for my xbox, DBI Pro705s, skullcandy crushers for my edm sessions, sony xm1000s, audeze mobius for my pc gaming.... These are in my main rotation! My favs overall are my DBI Pro705s with Brainwavz extra large velour earpad replacements that make them surprisingly comfortable for watching movies. The oem vinyl pads on the pro705s were torture devices. My kz zsx have a great v shaped sound and are nice for pop and classical music. My crushers are self explanatory. The rest are just swapped with the ones i mentioned. Thanks for the add! I love music and headphones.

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #12,395 of 15,533
I am new here and I just started getting into audio since I bought my first IEM in January 2020. I'm still a senior student with not much disposable income but I've came to love my IFI Zen DAC, my Moondrop SSP, Blon BL03, and my Coolermaster mh751's. Most of these purchases came from this websites review and now I will try to contribute

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #12,397 of 15,533
Hi,

I am a longtime audio lover. However, I am new to head-fi. I have read more posts than I can count on here and I want to get more involved, especially for trading. For headphones, I have owned about a billion pairs. For speakers, I have built Amigas, Mandolins, and Overnight sensations. Thankfully, I have settled close to my endgame. I run stock Hifiman Sundaras from my Oneplus 8 using a Samsung usb c to 3.5mm adapter and a Topping NX3s with the bass boost on (one of the only bass boosts that I like). The detail retrieval is just unreal and they respond amazingly to low end EQ. For focusing and moving about, I have some Bose QC 35ii's because the noise cancelling is excellent. For exercising, I use Jlabs Air icons because they were $30 and truly wireless.

Mar 17, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #12,398 of 15,533
Hi Friends,

I have read head-fi "Portable Source Gear" and "Portable Headphones, Earphones" forums for years.
They and the reviews helped me to choose my current configuration :
- Shanling Q1
- Moondrop Starfield
- Upgraded cable
- Spinfit CP100
which is more than enough for my 50-year old ears.

Mar 17, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #12,399 of 15,533
Greetings everyone.

Here I am. A (recently) forty-something freshly registered although I have been drinking from your cup since few years already.

Music has always occupied a big place in my life, probably thanks to my parents and the fact I was fortunate enough to enjoy music coming from decent speakers during my childhood.

My favorite genre is Electronic music (Massive Attack and Bjork being by far my two favorites bands) but, apart from Metal and RAP, I appreciate more or less all genres to varying degrees.

I've wanted to equip myself with quality equipment for a long time but always had to do with a very limited budget and so, I don't have much practical experience in this hobby although I think being able to recognize equipment that sounds good, :L3000: and I am passionate about the technique so I spent a lot of time educating myself, whether on a theoretical or practical level.

Actually, having often been able to appreciate their car audio system during my younger years, and incidentally being French :sweat_smile:, Focal always had a privileged place in my heart and therefore, seeing the praise of the Focal headphones lineup, I recently took the plunge in this vast world by acquiring Elear over Senn. HD6?? series who was my first choice.
I greatly appreciated them, but not for too long because of the reliability issues of this brand and model particularly :weary: and, after a refund since discontinued, I'm currently thinking about acquiring the Clear or recently unveiled Clear MG.

And voila, you now know the essential.
Glad to join this community of aliens :alien: and to really begin my experience in this rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #12,400 of 15,533
Hello everyone from Indonesia! First of all, sorry for my English as it is not my first language.
I just started this hobby for the last 2 years especially since the pandemic started..
I am looking a closed back over-ear that no more than $500 to match with Dragonfly Cobalt or Shanling UP4 and listen from iPhone (I have Spotify premium and Tidal Hifi)
Initially I want to buy Drop Panda or Audeze Mobius. But lately I'm interested in Aeon RT closed.
I've been listening with ATH-50X, Sennheiser HD515, Koss Portapro, Vsonic GR07 bass edition, Tin Hifi T2, Drop MEE Planamic in-ear, 1more triple driver over-ear, and some bluetooth's like Sony WI-1000X and B&O E8 but hopefully with this budget I can upgrade the overall quality. And hopefully I don't have to buy another DAC/Amp..
Thanks and have a good day!

Mar 18, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #12,401 of 15,533
Hello everyone :vulcan:, I'm only registering now, even though I have been visiting the various forum topics for several months.
I started almost 2 years ago with KZ ES4, then I moved much later to KZ ZS10 Pro, CCA C10, TFZ no.3, KZ ZSN Pro X, TRN V90S, KZ EDX, with a Zishan z3 Pro AK4493 to enjoy these headphones in good conditions.
Lately I took TRN BT20 for wireless convenience, and Shanling AE3 whose tests were very good, upgrade to a higher range.
I'm always looking to discover new intras since I discovered chifi, and I really like very fun signatures :L3000:.

Mar 19, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #12,402 of 15,533
Hi everyone. Been a fan of good headphones ever since I heard and immediately bought a pair of Stax SR-Lambda Pro cans + SRM-1/MK-2 amp back in the late 1980s. Have some Grados and Sennheisers too, and probably something else soon.

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #12,403 of 15,533
Hello, I'm Exequiel from Argentina. I've been interested in hi-fi headphones since late 2016. Prior that I was just a regular videogames enthusiast, I bought a Steelseries Siberia V2 headset and speakers in 2012, they came with an USB dongle. I loved them and used the living heck out of them, so much that I stopped using my 2.1 Speakers system (Edifier C2) altogether. Sadly, the V2 died on me in late 2016. Long story short, that was marked the beginning of my hi-fi journey, but, ironically, I started using again my good old Edifier C2, and leave the headphone equipment for music and some games that benefit from good heaphones.

Mar 19, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #12,405 of 15,533
Glad to have you here! I'm pretty new around here as well, but hey, everyone gotta start somewhere right?
It's been a long while since I even participated in a traditional forum. I have (or used to have) other hobbies besides hi-fi, but for this I want to participate in a topic specific board and stay away as far away as possible from toxic places, like the one that starts with 4 and ends with Chan (Dunno if it can be mentioned here). Sure, there were good people there, but most of the time I get replied by idiots or they outright ignore my inquiries, and get crushed under piles of pics of other anons that only want to show off their equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back