New Member Introductions thread
Mar 12, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #12,376 of 15,569
Whom are you planning to order from?
I recently bought a Cowon Plenue D3, so I've already bought it. I got the info I needed on it from one of the forums.

Mar 13, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #12,378 of 15,569
Hello! I was recently prompted to dig out my old NW-ZX1 again...:)
Which led me here since I now want more and realise I am ill equipped to making any sensible decision without a lot more info. So, thanks everyone for building this font of knowledge! :relaxed:

Mar 14, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #12,382 of 15,569
Hello, my name is Edwin, I always enjoyed and wanted my music to sound good since I was in highschool, at least to where my budget let me. My first "expensive" "high quality" earphone was a pair of IEM from Klipch, 50 bucks for them, saved a lot to get them. Now I ve the lux to have a pair of HD800s, for some of you its nothing but I worked a lot for them. Im new in forums so treat me with love and try not to burn me so much. Im pretty new to this audiphile hobbie, before I used to listen from the cellphone and thats it. Thank you for reading.

Mar 15, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #12,384 of 15,569
Greetings fellow worshiper of sound,

Indonesian here, I believe this information is not needed but in case someone is near me, or has a scheduled gathering of fellow enthusiasts (online/offline), I would like to join them to get more insight.

My first encounter with "personally" enjoyable music began when I work as Internet Cafe administrator, the owner is a local band player and through him, I got in touch with jazz and folk music, something very rare around me during that time. Since then, I have been a music lover, regardless of genre. I enjoyed Jazz, Folk and Classical music the most, and often time, EDM and Rock music. I can even enjoy keroncong and selective dangdut sometimes.

At the moment, I already own a Fiio MK3 Pro, custom USB-C DAC with Sabre ES9280C chip, IEM KZ ZSN with upgraded cable, and recently bought Fiio BTR5. Sometimes I use my ASUS ROG Phone 3, with Fiio Music apps for DAP paired with Fiio BTR5 (LDAC).

I plan to upgrade my IEM and want to keep the budget to minimum, expecting below $150. Fyi, I like to hear a sound which makes me feels like I'm in the middle/in front of the player, which gave me detailed impression of each sound the player make with clarity, not a big fan of bass. (how do we say this in audiophile terms?). Any advice on which IEM is closer to that purpose? with that limited budget of mine, of course. I know I might be asking for the impossible, but I aim to be as close as possible.

Thank you very much.

Mar 15, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #12,386 of 15,569
Greetings from Palma de Mallorca, Spain. My name is Pedro and a few months ago I discovered this world of high quality audio and the truth is that once you enter there is no going back. Little by little I am putting together my team, I started with a laptop and came to this forum looking for information on planar magnetics headphones and a dac amp desktop computer. Greetings to all and thanks for accepting me.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #12,387 of 15,569
Hello from SF Bay Area!
I've been reading this forum for several years, and it helped me make some purchase decisions on the audio equipment I'm enjoying now.

At the moment I own:
• Schiit Yggdrasil Analog2 with the Unison USB module
• ADI-2 DAC FS
• Topping D90
• Topping A90
• Schiit Jotunheim 2
• Flux FA-12
• Stax SRM-353X
• Stax SRM-D50
• Stax SR-L700 Mk2
• MrSpeakers Ether CX
• Hifiman Arya
• Meze 99 Noir

Mar 16, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #12,388 of 15,569
Hello, Been reading a bit and thought I would join the community.
Been trying out a lot of headphones that I have researched here. Doing mods and repairs and listening to music.
I've begun trying planar and electrostatic gear. Working my way up...

Mar 16, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #12,389 of 15,569
Greetings everyone. New here (obviously). I've always loved music, listening and playing guitar. Like a lot of other folks, I'm working from home and can wear headphones all day. So, I decided to take the plunge a bit ago and got some HD6XX and a modi/magni schiit stack. That didn't last too long and pretty quickly acquired an pair of LCD-X's and an asgard multibit. Loving every minute of this and now I'm planning on heading to Canjam in Chicago to check out everything else I've been reading about.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back