New Member Introductions thread
Oct 26, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #11,942 of 15,646
Hi,
I'm not entirely new. I've been a lurker for a long time and even entered a couple posts but I have been getting more headphone obsessed and thought it was a good time to introduce myself.

I have a modest but respectable home studio and have 2xHD280, 2xMX50, 2x7605 for recording. They are driven by a Furman HA-6AB distribution system.

Those are all about utility and general studio monitoring. I use Yamaha MSP7 monitors for mixing and mastering.

For pleasure listening I have a small Schiit stack consisting of a Modi, Magni, and Loki. I have a pair of DT990 250 ohm Pros and a pair of Sennhieser HD650's. I use a Fiio X3 or I also have a Sony UBP-X800 that I sometimes use as a transport.

I am debating purchasing the Sundara or Avantone Planar as an entry into the planar world. I was also considering getting a used set of Elegia's for times when I need to limit noise bleed.

I have a set of Momentum 2's I use for work.

I also have a few IEM's that I mostly use for exercise or travel. Wired Klipsch which I don't recall the model number, Sennhieser HD1, Fiio F9 Pro.

I also have a pair of V-Moda M80's that I sometimes use for travel. I bought them while on a trip as my IEM's were bothering my ears. Having no experience with V-Moda I have been pleasantly surprised how good they sound for a small set of travel headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #11,943 of 15,646
Hi, Dan here. Thanks for adding me to the forum. I've been into the high-quality listening experience for about a decade and been lurking around head-fi for like three years. I decided it was time to actually join and interact with the community because this is an enduring passion of mine and I've noticed that literally zero people in my life appreciate good music through a good system.

Oct 26, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #11,944 of 15,646
Hi, so I guess I have to post here first before elsewhere, to prove I'm not a spammer or something? Anyway I'm not, I'm just a guy with a few headphone questions, looking for rugged headphones good for the electric piano for my elderly father who drops things all the time, and also have a question about if 220-ohm adapters can be used instead of 120-ohm, as they are easier to source, so hopefully this'll get approved and then I can post that stuff in the appropriate places...

Oct 26, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #11,945 of 15,646
Hi, so I guess I have to post here first before elsewhere, to prove I'm not a spammer or something? Anyway I'm not, I'm just a guy with a few headphone questions, looking for rugged headphones good for the electric piano for my elderly father who drops things all the time, and also have a question about if 220-ohm adapters can be used instead of 120-ohm, as they are easier to source, so hopefully this'll get approved and then I can post that stuff in the appropriate places...

You don't "have" to post in this thread as far as I'm aware. I think it's just courteous. That's why I posted one. I've had a login for a while.

Oct 27, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #11,946 of 15,646
Hello, I enjoy listening to music and sounds. I have used Focal Utopia, Audeze LCD-2, Fostex TH900 MKII, and Shure 215. My favorite is Fostex TH900 MKII because I only listen to EDM dance music. There is no good headphone shop near my area so I want to talk with people here and get some ideas on what other headphones sound like.

Oct 27, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #11,947 of 15,646
Greetings all. I am a budding audio enthusiast currently tumbling full speed down the rabbit hole. I am interested in the sharing of knowledge and experience of people in this field. My current focus is searching for great deals and mods.

My current headphones are the Senn HD58x Jubilee with a GSX 1000 desktop Dac/Amp. Im looking to get into speakers and upgrading my headphones, Dac and Amp very soon.

Thanks and I look forward to future conversations on these forums.

Oct 28, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #11,948 of 15,646
Howdy!

My name's Bioxity, I'm a headphone addict with no means to fund their addiction, so I just live on trading what I have!

I've currently got a pair of ZMF Atticus Padauk, Focal Elex, and a decommissioned HE-4XX. Powering those are a Bottlehead Crack, SMSL SP200, a Modi 3 and a Topping E30.

Nice to meet you all!

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #11,950 of 15,646
Hi - My name is Tony. I've been a head-fi non-member-lurker for well over a decade and taken a few cues from reviews and posts for my can purchases. I really liked the annual holiday gift guide. I figure after running through 6+ sets of cans and buds, I might have an opinion worth sharing. I also hope to enter the used market here. Not an audio file, ampless, and using a pair of Westone UM Pro30s, looking for a step up from the fragile and broken hifiman Edition S.

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #11,951 of 15,646
Hi, I found my self returning to this site time and again while trying to figure out what headphones would be a worthy upgrade to my 15 year old Grado SR60s. Still working that out--but got a nice used pair of SR335es to tide me over until I make my mind up. Anyway figured I sign up since I have been spending so much time here. So much good information here. Looking forward to participating.

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #11,952 of 15,646
Hello, Newbie on the headphone world. My gear is a FiiO M15, iFi Zen DAC & iFi Zen CAN with 5 full sized headphones (Sennheiser HD650, AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition, Beyerdynamic DT770, Grado Labs Alessandro MS1 Retro Edition, Harman Kardon Soho) and 3 in-ear phones (FiiO FH7, FiiO FD1, Custom Resin).

Oct 30, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #11,953 of 15,646
Hello Head-fiers, currently using Solaris 2020 and Ibasso CF01 when needed for wireless situation. Just invested these gears few months ago. Thanks for adding me into this forum, can’t wait to exchange more ideas and opinions with you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back