New Member Introductions thread
Oct 18, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #11,913 of 15,538
headphones are cool and everything but i love speakers much more especially because you can feel the music with your body and rave to it no matter the location in your house, but the downside is you must have acoustic adaptation tailored specifically for your room, otherwise everything will sound like a big mush of sound waves instead of music. Headphones are generally better in terms of retreiving detail and its honestly a different experience, #staxbro. It also depends on what genre of music you're into so to each their own i guess.

Oct 18, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #11,915 of 15,538
headphones are cool and everything but i love speakers much more especially because you can feel the music with your body and rave to it no matter the location in your house, but the downside is you must have acoustic adaptation tailored specifically for your room, otherwise everything will sound like a big mush of sound waves instead of music. Headphones are generally better in terms of retreiving detail and its honestly a different experience, #staxbro. It also depends on what genre of music you're into so to each their own i guess.
Until Corona I was too rarely at home and therefore everything had to be transportable.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #11,918 of 15,538
Hi all,
Bl1nd here, longtime lurker and sounddesigner who more recently started getting into IEMs, wondering why I've been using these clunky big headphones all these years lol. I'm also endeavoring into some DIY audio projects now where I'm hoping to get some input from other nerds in the field :) Happy to become a part of this community!

Oct 19, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #11,919 of 15,538
Hiya everyone, I'm Adrian from England. I've been buying, selling and testing out headphones and other audiophile gear for a couple of years now. It all started with a Sennheiser HD600 and now I just have a Beyerdynamic DT480 but no amplifier unfortunately because I had to sell things off to survive this year...

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #11,922 of 15,538
Hullo everyone!

I'm relatively new to the audio hobby. Bought some Sennheiser HD 6XX and a mini Schiit stack two years ago after a long time wanting some Sennheisers. Since then, my collection has grown quite a bit, and I don't see an end in sight.

I'm a metalhead, which seems kind of weird in the audiophile world. It seems like I'm chasing a very different sound than a lot of other people. It's made my journey a little bit more difficult than I imagine some folk, but I like a challenge.

Oct 20, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #11,923 of 15,538
Hi All! After browsing threads here for a long time I finally got around to making an account. I began my audio journey with a modest pair of Hifiman RE400 IEMs. Given their build quality kinda surprising that I still have them around after all of 5 years. Love the sound they make and the speed. Got the HD6XX next and was totally blown away by the vocals. Miss them. Got the ZMF Atticus and boy do I miss them. Black Sabbath never sounded so good as through an Eq'ed Atticus. Sold the Atticus to get a Focal Elegia. Was just more practical due to its portability and I enjoy the Focal presentation too. Currently looking to get my feet wet in the Audeze waters.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #11,924 of 15,538
Hello fellow audio enthusiasts! My name is Michael. I've been an audiophile since... well, my Dad was an enthusiast, so I guess I've been listening since I was a child, falling asleep to the sounds of the "hifi" in the living room, where he was playing Herb Alpert, Brasil 66, Spanky & Our Gang, etc. back in the 60s. I really got into it in the 80s when I started making some decent coin, bought some good stuff, and now, recently, a lot of my equipment has started failing, so I've been replacing it and finding that there doesn't seem to be much between the really lousy offshore crap and the high mega-dollar stuff, much of which is over-hyped garbage. So I've come here to hopefully get better educated.

Oct 20, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #11,925 of 15,538
Hello, I've been browsing through forum posts in the past and have finally decided to join. I play games including FPS and rhythm games (CSGO and osu!). I don't own much audio gear and am mostly interested in bang-for-your-buck products as opposed to the high end. I look forward to learning about audio and sharing some of my own thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back