New Member Introductions thread
Apr 30, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #11,386 of 15,533
Hi
I am new to headfi but old headfier. I stumbled upon headfi first in 2013 when I was looking for recommendations on cheap IEM. I ended up buying SoundMagic ES18 based on recommendations here. I was still in college and that is all I could afford. Now 7 years later I was looking for a pair of headphones again and here I am. Already did a mini research and bought HD58x off of headfier. I am loving this. My wallet not too much :wink:

May 1, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #11,387 of 15,533
Hi back again and welcome new comers!
I'm going for the yggy and now I'm in need to sell my Gumby so this spam postings the only way I can think of to get my posts.
Figuring no one really answers questions here but I'll throw this up there if someone wants to chime in
When going From the dac to a desktop/laptop using usb should I have something in between to make a better signal? And are these streamers worth the hype and what do they do exactly?

May 2, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #11,391 of 15,533
Hey everbody! Like many others, I've read a thread here and there over the years and now the time has come to sign up to be able to ask a question. My first and only "real" headphones (i.e., not 30€-made-from-plastic) are a pair of Master & Dynamic MW60. I know there's going to be lots of different opinions on them, especially since they're Bluetooth-based, but personally I'd been loving them and had great fun listening to all kinds of music, slow or fast, high or low, quiet or loud. Unfortunately, they broke. Turns out that unlike the "Aluminum Body / Built for decades of use", the drivers are not. The left one is still working, but the right one has kept failing intermittently for a couple of weeks before finally shutting down for good half a year ago. Given that they'd been long out of warranty, I took them apart–quite a pleasure, which can't be said of most modern electronics devices–and found that the copper-enameled wire (very small ... something like a 33-gauge perhaps) leading into and through (?) the membrane has broken off right at the point of entrance. Basically there's no way to get enough wire out of the membrane to be able to remove the enamel and solder it back together again. So I contacted M&D asking for a replacement driver. Not even an answer. So now I'm turning to you in the hopes that somebody might know how such a driver can be sourced (I've heard that AliExpress can be an option if you know what to look for). If it helps, it's probably the same one as in the MH40, perhaps also the MW50+. All the best, Rainer / sixtyfive.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #11,392 of 15,533
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif

Hi All I just joined also...

May 2, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #11,393 of 15,533
Hello as well. I’m here to learn about the audiophile experience and research more into digital audio players and trying to get the best audio quality possible without breaking my wallet. Thanks for the add

May 4, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #11,396 of 15,533
Hello everyone!

Thanks for approving me! I'm a live audio engineer on California's Central Coast! I wish I had time and money to build a sweet hi-fi rig at home but I'm mostly here to see what I can learn about DAP's and how to make sure I'm getting the most out of my playback while living in the digital age of audio!

May 4, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #11,397 of 15,533
Hi everyone
My name is Artyom. I am new to all the audiophile stuff, more a music enthusiast.
Still, i own a couple of budget IEMs and Koss Porta Pro. Also, lately i have ordered my first tiny dac - ibasso dc01. Haven't received it yet. Really looking forward to it.

May 4, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #11,399 of 15,533
Hello all, Ray here and excited to be part of the Forum.
Turned on to Schiit and eventually found you guys searching reviews. Just getting in to headphones and accessories so looking forward to reading all views!
Beyerdynamic DT 1770
Schiit Modi 3 / Magni Heresy
Future ????

May 4, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #11,400 of 15,533
Hey guys,

I've been using the great forum for awhile now just never posted and got locked out of my old account. I am pretty familiar with the budget friendly stuff (HD 6XX and Schiit stack)
Now that I am making a good bit more currency I can dive into the deep chasm of expensive audio equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back