New Member Introductions thread
May 4, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #11,401 of 15,537
Hello from Wyoming! I'm a recent audiophile with budding passion for headphones and diy amplifiers. I've been lurking on this site for awhile and I finally decided to make it official. I look forward to hanging out with you guys.

May 4, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #11,402 of 15,537
Hey guys,

I've been using the great forum for awhile now just never posted and got locked out of my old account. I am pretty familiar with the budget friendly stuff (HD 6XX and Schiit stack)
Now that I am making a good bit more currency I can dive into the deep chasm of expensive audio equipment.
Welcome to Head-Fi hope you enjoy your stay here. You picked the quintessential setup for starters into this hobby I have one myself plus quite a few others ; ). The chasm is deep and you can lose yourself real quick. There are a lot of people here very knowledgeable about headphones and accompanied gear so don’t hesitate to ask .

May 4, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #11,403 of 15,537
Hey guys, I'm quite new here and a complete newbie when it comes to audio. Hope to learn more about audio in the future!! My current setup is just an iem, QKZ AK6.
We all start somewhere so Welcome to Head-Fi .

May 4, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #11,404 of 15,537
Hello from Wyoming! I'm a recent audiophile with budding passion for headphones and diy amplifiers. I've been lurking on this site for awhile and I finally decided to make it official. I look forward to hanging out with you guys.
Welcome to Head-Fi. I also have a passion for headphones and also like the diy thing but don’t know enough to design a amp but it is a lot of fun building one Bottlehead Crack in my case and still thinking about a couple more just haven’t found the time right now. The “ DIY forum “ here has many that have vastly more knowledge than me on said projects so check them out.

May 5, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #11,406 of 15,537
Hello.

I recently did some googling to find a budget friendly closed back to take to and from work which got me interested in headphones in general.

I bought a pair of Grado SR80's maybe 10+ years ago and I do enjoy them, and have a HyperX Cloud Alpha for gaming.

I've already ordered a pair of AKG K371's to use at work (and have in my backpack) and have also ordered a Magni Heresy. My next purchase will most likely be the Sennheiser HD6XX for home and we'll see where we go from there. It would make sense to finish my Schiit Stack with a Modi 3 and I would also like to try out a planar sometime to see what that is like - maybe the HE4XX/Sundara/LCD-1 depending a bit on how I feel about throwing more money into this after getting the HD6XX.

I mostly plan on lurking, but figured I would make an account.

May 5, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #11,407 of 15,537
Hi there, just an Icelander apparently finding myself in the headphone department. Been here a few times when doing research or just when curious about stuff i was never going to buy hehehe. Just got my 1990 and micro black label as a first real purchase. Think i might be here to stay. Synchrotron - I am also interested in the Sundara :)

May 6, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #11,408 of 15,537
Hello together, new Head-Fier from Germany (near Stuttgart) here :)
Been using studio headphones like the DT-990 Pro for a few years when playing guitar or listening to music. For on the go I am using Sonys NC options (WF-1000XM3, WH-1000XM2) and am quite happy with them.
I want to find better options for use at home and pleasant music listening sessions. Currently testing/have tested for example Audeze Mobius, Austrian Audio Hi-X55, Focal Elegia, Hifiman Drop HE-4XX, Philips Fidelo X2...I hope I can soon narrow it down to one open/one closed headphone for use at home. :)

May 6, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #11,409 of 15,537
Hello together, new Head-Fier from Germany (near Stuttgart) here :)
Been using studio headphones like the DT-990 Pro for a few years when playing guitar or listening to music. For on the go I am using Sonys NC options (WF-1000XM3, WH-1000XM2) and am quite happy with them.
I want to find better options for use at home and pleasant music listening sessions. Currently testing/have tested for example Audeze Mobius, Austrian Audio Hi-X55, Focal Elegia, Hifiman Drop HE-4XX, Philips Fidelo X2...I hope I can soon narrow it down to one open/one closed headphone for use at home. :)
Hi LoiK, i would also be interested in your choice having the 1990 myself and also wanting something else to go along with it, something with a different sound.

May 6, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #11,410 of 15,537
Hey ya’ll. Have only been travelling down this rabbit hole for a few weeks, but already find myself now with several sets of headphones (B&W P7 wired, Sennheiser 58x, Sennheiser 660s, Beyerdynamic DT1770, Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany), a couple of portable amp/DAC combos (Dragonfly Red and Ifi xDSD), a desktop amp (Schiit Magnic 3+), and the Astell & Kern &norma SR15. I’m rediscovering my love of music with a very expensive (but fun) new hobby.

May 6, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #11,411 of 15,537
Helloz Errybody!

I'm new to the audiofile scene currently running a SMSL M3, started with a pair of HE35X worked my way into a pair of used HD 599SE.
Joining to get some opinions on DAC and amp upgrade recommendations (or maybe another combo) as well as new cans (eyeing Schiit's Asguard (or magni/modi) and the HD 6XX), looking forward to that discussion on my second post.

Cheers!

May 7, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #11,415 of 15,537
Not sure where to say hi so I've found this thread which seems like a good enough place.
So hi everyone, I've just started looking into some audio equipment (like a week ago) and I found this website and thought it would be a good idea to create an account. Since I am so new to this I've been reading a whole lot but am still confused about most things (ex. if a certain pair of headphones needs a dac/amp/both)
Anyways, I'm just here trying to learn a bit and hopefully one day I'll be able to help out other people on here instead of the one looking through posts from 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back