New Member Introductions thread
Jan 19, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #11,041 of 15,538
New member, on my way deep deep down into the midfi/hifi headphone rabbit hole! Wish me luck, I just hope the fact that it's headphones this time and not speakers and amps will keep divorce out of the conversation.

...if she asks headphones are "cheap"!

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #11,044 of 15,538
Hi there, new member here. I’ve always had a huge love for music of most all types but recently have wanted to improve the quality of my listening experience. I came here to research and learn and probably spend too much money :)

Cheers!

Brock

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #11,045 of 15,538
Hey all. Like most of you, I'm into music and love tinkering with audio and video. I came here to discuss music, creating music, and give/receive advice/recommendations whenever possible. Hope to learn a lot here. See you guys around.

-J

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #11,046 of 15,538
Hi everybody! I'm new member, but have been lurking for some time here. I can describe myself as noob headphone enthusiast, particularly IEM fan. Proud owner of small IEM collection (Tin Hifi T2, KZ ZSR, CCA C10, Massdrop x NuForce EDC and Double Tap Audio R2) powered by Fiio K3 DAC/AMP.

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #11,047 of 15,538
Another new member checking in. Hello from Gorham, Maine. I've been into home theater audio for a few years and have gone through several pairs of headphones in that time, but never with any real intent behind it. I've decided to change that. After much reading, I've jumped in the deep end of the pool with the following: FiiO FH7's (with FiiO balanced cable) hooked to ES100 mk2 for mobile and Senn HD650 running through a Schiit Jotunhiem (with the multibit DAC and balanced cable) from my MacBook Pro while at home. Still trying to figure out if I can *really* hear a difference between Spotify Premium and TIDAL HIFI, but so far I'm loving this. Well, all of me except my wallet!

I just got the FiiO last week (while on a trip) and am blown away by the sound on these things. Hooked to the ES100 playing through my iPhone over BT, I had no idea what I was missing. My AirPod Pros won't be seeing much use now, and I suspect the Bose QC35ii won't, either. Looking forward to doing some comparisons between these and the HD650s...

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #11,048 of 15,538
whats up everyone. im pretty much a newbie. started using headphones at home (never used to), so i figured id get some decents cans. first purchase was a sennheiser hd 280 pro about a year ago, but now im thinking i probably need a DAC/amp to get the best sound of them (using a laptop). mainly looking to learn and get some solid recommendations. thanks!

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #11,049 of 15,538
Hi everybody,
I've been browsing head-fi for a couple of months now, mostly checking out what people think of equipment I already own. For years I was happy to own one pair of serious cans (Sennheiser HD650), but over the last couple of years I seem to have have developed an expensive habit of collecting various headphones IEMs and amps. Looking forward to engaging with Head-Fi as a member.

Jan 22, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #11,050 of 15,538
Hi everyone,
been a (passive) member of this forum for a while but not beeing active writing comments - going to change this now :beyersmile:
Started with headphones many years ago (Denon AH D2000 and Sennheiser HD 590) and after some lesser focus I recently started again with headphone mania. Got me E-Mu Teaks and Focal Clear together with the Questyle CMA 400i DAC/Amp Combo.
So cu around!

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #11,051 of 15,538
Hey all, I've only recently gotten into the audiophile world. Started with the Audio Technica M50X (sounds wonderful when eq'd with True-Fi), bought the KZ ZS10 Pro not even knowing what an IEM was. Once I got Sony's WH and WF-1000mx3 ANC phones, I was hooked. Owned the Beyer DT 990 Pro, Etymotic ER3XR, Audiosense T800 and tried dozens more at a local brick-and-mortar store. My current setup is the Audeze LCD-2C open back, Meze 99 Noir from Drop, and the Fearless Audio S8 Freedom, coupled with the Sound BlasterX G6 DAC/Amp/Ext. soundcard. I'm not too keen to buy a DAP or a portable amp since I typically only listen to music with Bluetooth on the go. I feel like this is end game for me, and I struggle to imagine how my current gear could possibly sound any more perfect (to me), but of course I'm a sucker for sparkly IEMs and shiny headphones, so we all know it doesn't stop here lol :L3000:

For a future setup, I'd love to have a Fostex T900 as another closed-back. I'm not a huge fan of Audeze as a company beyond their headphones, so I struggle to imagine an open back headphone that will sound better and be worth the price... IEMs are where I could potentially bankrupt myself haha. The Campfire Solaris was absolutely stunning in person. The bass on the Final Audio E5000 blew my ****ing head off. I might consider a Noble or an Empire Ears. Also a massive fan of Chi-fi (hence the Fearless) so I'm curious about anything that is trying to implement these new low-power electrostatic headphones (**** ST7 is in my sights, but I haven't seen a single review on them anywhere for some weird reason)

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I'm a bit treble-sensitive, but I LOVE bass, so let me know of any headphones that have detailed, clean, hard-hitting bass that I might be missing! Nice to meet you all :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back