New Member Introductions thread
Jan 26, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #11,071 of 15,451
Hello,

My name is Mark. I recently purchased some TRN V90's on Aliexpress. I have owned 2 other pairs of other in ear headphones 1 being Nuforce and recently 1More. I found the website AudioBudget and decided to try out the TRN V90's based on the reviews and price. I have to say that for $30 the TRN V90's are really nice! I would like to purchase this cable TRN 16 Core Silver Plated 2.5 3.5MM Plug 0.75 0.78 2pin/mmcx Connector Hifi Upgrade Cable For TRN V90 V80 CCA C10 C16, but would like to find one with a 90 deg. 3.5mm plug AND Pre-formed 2pin-.75mm ends to bend around my ears like the stock cable that comes with the TRN's. Does anyone have a source for this cable or do I really need the heated formed cable? Do they tuck in fine around your ears? I found one cable with a 90 deg 3.5mm end 16 strand / 2 Pin .75mm without the pre-formed ear ends that I will most likely buy. Just wanted to confirm the fit.

Thanks for listening,

Mark

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #11,075 of 15,451
Hey y'all! I'm new but I've been lurking for awhile now. Just recently joined and have engaged in some trading but wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I've been a music producer slash remixer since about 2004 (ish) and have also been doing the DJ thing since about 1996. I was classically trained via high school bands and private lessons and then onto college as a music education / performance major.

I've just recently come over to the audiophile side and really enjoy just sitting in my favorite chair and experiencing the music with great gear, allowing me to hear things in songs I've not previously heard. It's super addicting and I'm loving this hobby so far! It's very interesting to me since I already analyze and break apart the mixes of everything I hear anyways. It's true what they say, the songs sound brand new when you listen with the correct gear that brings out all the separation in the mixes and you hear things you've never heard before.

What sucks though, I'm starting to experience the side effects of playing loud venues without hearing protection for many years. I've got a nice little 6k notch in my left ear and it bugs the christ out of me so I've geared my purchases toward multi-BA IEM sets that help fill that void better than most other things I've listened to. Take care of your ears folks! You'll definitely regret it down the road if you don't, trust me. =)

So, that's me. I still get in the studio as often as I can before I lose my hearing altogether which is inevitable at this point but trying to get as much mileage out of my ears as i can.

Some of you I've met already and I've already learned quite a lot since my short time being a member here.

Welcome! Hope you enjoy

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #11,076 of 15,451
Thank you. I know there is still a lot more to learn. I will definitely go to CanJam next month, I still want to try different IEM, DAC and DAP. Now I am thinking of Lotoo PAW Gold Touch but I might start from something simple, like SR15.

Plenty of opportunity to demo DAPs from all the manufacturers. Definitely bring your Fourtes, and enjoy the weekend. You may want to review threads here on Head-Fi for any DAPs you're interested in, as well as looking for any reviews.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #11,077 of 15,451
Hello all, new poster, long time lurker. I've been a 2 channel guy for a long time but lately am getting into the headfi stuff. Picked up a Schiit Asgard 3 with multibit DAC and a pair of Sennheiser 6xx. I've had some AT 50x for a while and I've always loved them. I need more digital sources though, mostly just using Qobuz, which is fine. Anyway, looking forward to posting more.

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #11,080 of 15,451
Hello to all headphones maniacs, long time passive reader of the forum.
as couldn't find right solution for my desktop audio, decided to develop stand on my own.
banner_15795688033.jpg

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #11,082 of 15,451
Hi Guys

I'm new in here but not new to Music and Hifi. I used to be a DJ for lots of Years and i still make Music from Time to time. I'm 41 and from switzerland. I found this Forum while searching for a Solution to my Sound Problem with my new Huwei P30 Pro. I allready learned so much by reading one Thread so i hope to learn more.

have nice Day you all

Jan 28, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #11,083 of 15,451
Hey everyone!

I'm semi new here and already posted on a few forums but thought I should still post here anyway.
To give a brief explanation of myself, I'm a portable Hi-Fi enthusiast who always unintentionally finds the most expensive upgrade path.
I can only hope this forum guides me in the right direction!

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #11,084 of 15,451
Hey everybody, I've been reading this forum for a long time and I've found the advice here to be invaluable. This is the best audio forum there is IMO.

For the last few years, I've been listening through a pair of Senn HD 600s and a Little Dot Mk III, currently sporting GEC CV4010 tubes. I just bought a Monolith Liquid Spark amp, which I'm liking a lot so far. Source is a Yamaha DVD-S1800 DVD player.

I think I'm just about to pull the trigger on a pair of Sundaras. I do have a couple of questions, but I wanted to start off with an introduction.

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #11,085 of 15,451
Hi there!

I'm new here, but when I need some new IEMs this forum is always the preferred choice for opinions (I used to read Joker's reviews too, when he was still active).
I'm a casual listener who enjoy to look for the best option around and I decided to log since I need some advices that have not been answered by just looking around and comparing reviews and opinions.

Read you around :)

Edit.
Actually have some 1more dynamic driver IEMs, used RHA MA750 in the past but they got stolen...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back