New Member Introductions thread
Nov 1, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #10,771 of 15,646
Just wanted to say hello, Started buying headphones this last year since we got a house where the stereo is against bedroom wall and my wife goes to bed before me. I am currently researching the best low/mid price headphone amp because I'm not totally satisfied with my preamps out. Anyone with a good $500 or less idea, I would love to hear it. Thanks. I have IEM's to Planar Magnetics to Sennheiser's. Plus I use a Kimber Kable PB&J extension cable to reach my couch.

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #10,772 of 15,646
Just wanted to say hello, Started buying headphones this last year since we got a house where the stereo is against bedroom wall and my wife goes to bed before me. I am currently researching the best low/mid price headphone amp because I'm not totally satisfied with my preamps out. Anyone with a good $500 or less idea, I would love to hear it. Thanks. I have IEM's to Planar Magnetics to Sennheiser's. Plus I use a Kimber Kable PB&J extension cable to reach my couch.
Oh, that's easy to answer, go with the THX AAA 789 (400 bucks), on massdrop.
It's easily one of the best offerings under 1000$...
(I can't get myself used to call it drop).

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #10,777 of 15,646
Hello everyone! I've been lurking here for quite awhile. Like most other lurkers I felt it was time to join.
Years ago I had a really nice Stax combo with a Stax tube amp and I believe a Stax binaural processor too. I had a lot of fun with that setup.
A few years later I bought a Grado HP100 headphones with a Melos tube headphone amp. That combo rocked out and I really enjoyed them too.
Now its many years later & I miss the quality sound I used to get years ago.
All I have now is a sad old pair of Grado SR60's which I'm so tired of.
I'm looking to seriously upgrade my headphones and buy a separate dac & headphone amp in the very near future!

Nov 4, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #10,778 of 15,646
Hi, me name Joe,

I recently acquired a D321 discman on the recommendation of people here and when I got It i took it apart to fix a stuck slider, upon taking it apart, a few springs fell out of the unit. There are about 6 total springs in the unit 3 long and cylindrical and three shorter cone shaped ones. I found where to put the long ones but cannot find where to put the shorter ones. I put the thing back together and it works well and sounds great but I'm worried something will go wrong without those 3 shorter springs. Anyone know where they go or what they're for. btw, the D321 sound great. So loud in headphones and clear. Picked it up for around 6 usd aswell so was happy but I'm scared I've ruined it

Nov 4, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #10,779 of 15,646
Hello everyone,

I just signed up to this site and presume this is the place to post first.
I currently have a pair of AKG601 although I have not used them since moving from solid state to valve gear, since I no longer have a headphone socket unfortunately.
I do miss the headphone experience and need to address this problem.
I would also be interested in upgrading in the headphone department some time, but have no idea at the moment what to upgrade to?
Any thoughts/recommendations would be much appreciated.

I have visited this website a few times and glad I am now a member.

Kevin

Nov 4, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #10,780 of 15,646
Well we'll, it's finally time to sign up, I have browsed these boards as gospel for the best part of 10yrs, and totally excited about TWS and running. Keen to give some insights.
Have previously owned the following over all the years
Seinhesser Cx100
Shure 215
IBASSO 01
ANBES 359

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #10,781 of 15,646
Hi everyone,

Completely new to these forums. I decided to sign up to share this hobby with some more people.
I have way too many headphones (or not enough).

Currently, I have the 58x Jubilee, Koss KPH30i, Sony XM3, Meze 99 Noir, Sendy Aiva, DT1990 pro, LCD-X, ZMF Aeolus, Fiio FH5, Tin T2, ZS10 pro, Blon BL-03 and waiting for the Obravo Cupids to arrive.
Listening on the Carbon X amp, Xduoo TA-20, and Monolith portable. Dacs are the SE and Balanced SDAC.

Thinking to sell the DT1990 pro and invest in the Focal Elex. I'm a sucker for wide headphones :)

Nov 5, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #10,784 of 15,646
Hey guys, new here. Fairly old Audiophile; been seeking the best equipment for years now.

Decided to join this forum so that I could properly get a handle on the IEM market. Its been almost 8 years since I last bought a pair of budget ear buds in the form of the classic Klipsch S4. Since they've been discontinued and the S4 (II)s and S6s are nothing to write home about, I want to explore other brands and alternatives. I look forward to talking with all of you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back