New Member Introductions thread
post-15272892
Post #10,741 of 11,154

Marshmallow85

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello,

I am Vladimir from Finland. Passive reader of the site for quite sometime. Now would like to take a more active role. I own Dali io6 and would love to give my opinion. Previously used B&W P7 wireless, chord mojo and audioquest dragonfly red.

Thank you
Vladimir

post-15273313
Post #10,743 of 11,154

novem30

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm from the UK and looking to balance the great sounding headphone itch with the freedom I find from wireless options!

post-15273503
Post #10,744 of 11,154

Elvex

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have been reading you for a long time, but I didn't decide to write something until now. I'm new on the audiophile world but I find it so interesting and I hope I'll learn so mucho from all of you :)

cheers!

post-15275068
Post #10,748 of 11,154

Onil

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello guys, i came across this web searching through lypertek earbuds. I m looking for great deal earbuds.

post-15275392
Post #10,749 of 11,154

Speed King

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Italian

So pizza, maccaroni and Berlusconi to everybody!

Jokes aside, I'm really happy to start this long journey with the community. Peace!:v:

post-15275480
Post #10,751 of 11,154

Speed King

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hey guys, its me the same kind of functioning human, using m50x from 4 years, wanted to enter wireless world.
Well the radsone es100 is an obvious recommendation, just stream Bluetooth to it from your phone, you have a 2.5mm balanced out (quite damn powerful for the dimensions), a single ended 3.5mm out, 14h of battery life, a built in microphone wich also has ambient sound and an amazing app that goes from EQ to crossfeed, voltage, battery safe mode, and MANY other things. It supports almost any Bluetooth codec (LDAC included) Clip it on your shirt, (or even your M50x's with a short cable, if you want to) or put it inside your pocket and you're ready to go. The only complaints is that the body is entirely made of plastic and the buttons are tiny tiny, otherwise the SQ is a bargain for 100 bucks...

Last edited:
Reactions: drhoney148
post-15275606
Post #10,752 of 11,154

Rickydwi

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello im Ricky from Indonesia
Been into audio world when i upgraded my car audio system with proper entry level sounds gear and since that my audio and ear tastes been hungrier for more satisfying sound. Have been looking around and right now cant decide which one to buy between Takstar HF 580 or Sennheiser HD 6XX which im gonna power with Schiit Magni 3 :D. Give me some advice master

post-15275667
Post #10,753 of 11,154

pabol sleheyron

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Carbon life form from North America.

Musical proclivities are 90's rock and late 50's hard bop.

Current theatrical proclivity is the Star Wars canon.

Financial proclivities are growth funds and credit card debt. Which one will win?

post-15275686
Post #10,754 of 11,154

Speed King

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hello im Ricky from Indonesia
Been into audio world when i upgraded my car audio system with proper entry level sounds gear and since that my audio and ear tastes been hungrier for more satisfying sound. Have been looking around and right now cant decide which one to buy between Takstar HF 580 or Sennheiser HD 6XX which im gonna power with Schiit Magni 3 :D. Give me some advice master
Fo sho!
So the Takstar HF 580 retail price is around 180 bucks if I'm not mistaken, while the Hd6xx retails for 220 on Drop. Very much straightforward, the build on the takstars is pretty much "meh", they weigh a ton and despite the pads are made of good material they are shallow and the headband is just mediocre as far as comfort goes. The cups are plastic but the yokes are all metal. The cable is attached and honestly it's not that great. :disappointed_relieved:

The 6XX are known for having a tight clamp at first (it's going to loosen up after some weeks of use) but the pads are great, the headband almost doesn't put anything on your head, they are lightweight and while being almost entirely made of plastic (aside from the grills that cover the driver and the cups holders which you can adjust) they are much more comfortable and better built, not as sturdy tho. These have detachable cables, with the classic sennheiser proprietary connectors, the stock cable is pretty thin.

That magni 3 of yours puts out 3w per channel so driving both of these is not going to be a problem. Tho the 6XXs should scale with better equipment better than the HF580s.

SOUND:
The HF580 are well known for having the same driver as the Sendy Aivas (which competes with some 1k offerings out there for 600$) tho is not nearly as well implemented as those. The bass on these is pretty tight, decent for a planar, the 6XX's may not have the same amount but they are more precise and tight. The mids goes easily to the 6XX's (you know the mids on these... Lush, smooth, clear. The vocals are on another level), the HF580s still manage to keep things smooth there but it's kinda hollow sounding. The highs on the HF580s are a little more rolled off but that doesn't necessarily mean they are smoother. They are more detailed than the 6XX's but not as coherent. The 6XX's highs are damn good but more a touch more relaxed and less analytical than the 600s.

Detail retrieval to the Takstars, they resolve really nicely.

Texturization goes to the 6XX's

Coherence and frequency response goes to the 6XX's

Imaging goes to 6XX's

Soundstage goes (by a decent margin) to the HF580

OVERALL:
The 6XX's are a much better start than the HF580's (in the sense that they pack a bigger punch for the price than the HF580's) being better in almost any aspect. The Takstars tho could be modded to sound similarly to the Sendy Aiva, that driver is being really holded back in the HF580's, so they have great potential.

Hope that could help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickydwi
post-15275767
Post #10,755 of 11,154

drhoney148

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Well the radsone es100 is an obvious recommendation, just stream Bluetooth to it from your phone, you have a 2.5mm balanced out (quite damn powerful for the dimensions), a single ended 3.5mm out, 14h of battery life, a built in microphone wich also has ambient sound and an amazing app that goes from EQ to crossfeed, voltage, battery safe mode, and MANY other things. It supports almost any Bluetooth codec (LDAC included) Clip it on your shirt, (or even your M50x's with a short cable, if you want to) or put it inside your pocket and you're ready to go. The only complaints is that the body is entirely made of plastic and the buttons are tiny tiny, otherwise the SQ is a bargain for 100 bucks...
thank you for your costly time,
i will look into your option,
right now i was thinking about buying M50xBT or Sony WH--1000XM3
which one should i choose? main motive listening high quality sound and mostly for Phone listener too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 6)