New Member Introductions thread
Nov 10, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #10,801 of 15,537
Hi everyone! I just got myself my first set of Sennheiser headphones (headset) - the GSP 300.

I do a mix of music, gaming and online meetings so I wanted a headset to cover all bases.

I was close to buying the Audio Technica ATH-G1 or Steelseries Arctic Pro (non DAC version) but these were at a great price and I just happened to be passing!

If I were in the US, I might even have been tempted by the Massdrop Sennheisers but buying from Australia is a massive pain.

Anyhoo, the GSP 300 are really, really comfortable to wear and the sound quality (to my very untrained ear) is excellent!

My only five gripes are -
  1. Wire is non-removable
  2. Microphone is non-removable
  3. Microphone sounds a bit nasal
  4. They look like Mickey Mouse ears
  5. Packaging was a bit cheap

But all those aside, I listened to Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn and there's details in there I'd never heard before (and I've been listening to them for over 35 years!). So happy with that! I can't imagine what an even better pair of headphones would sound like but you have to start somewhere right?

I'm running them off the back of my PC which has an ASUS ROG Strix B450-I motherboard. Apparently it has a pretty decent DAC/Amp but I'm sure these would sound even better with an external one. Is the Syba Sonic worthwhile or should I save for something more special like a Mayflower or a Sennheiser GSX1200?

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #10,803 of 15,537
Hi there, started here over 15 years ago... not so much the last several years. Looking to get a higher end IEM/portable system and was about to post in the portable forum... but seems like I have to post here, then something have to happen... then I can post in the other forums again?

Nov 11, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #10,806 of 15,537
Hi everyone, I’m Chidi. Decided to make an account after lurking on here for months. Reading comments on this site helped me find The Source AV, where I was able to properly demo numerous headphones/sources and eventually purchase my “end-game” (for now) pairing. I’ve lost count of all the headphones I bought and had to return or sell before that. At the start of this year, I’d never even owned a DAC or an amp or knew how essential they were. To think I started my journey looking for Bluetooth headphones with “a lot of bass” lol :).

Nov 12, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #10,809 of 15,537
Hi, I'm Alan, new to here. I want to sell my AK sp1000m gold here, can any one tell me how to sell it? I already listed it on eBay, but there's insane selling fee and tax, I'd like to offer a lower price for you guys here. Thanks!

Nov 12, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #10,810 of 15,537
Hi, I'm new here. Just bought the Moondrop KXXS after reading the recommendations in this forum. Would like to join this forum to discuss other stuff about KXXS.

Nov 13, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #10,812 of 15,537
Hi all,

Just joined Head-Fi!
I'm a 30ish years old engineer working in Belgium, and audio is one of my main hobby.
Luckily, I have quite some measurements equipments available at work. (microphone, sound cards, GRASS, DATS v2, Vibrometry laser, Accelerometer..)

My current (headphone) system:
PC -> Usb -> Schiit Modi3/Bifrost MB revB -> JDS Atom -> modded HD58x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back