New Member Introductions thread
Nov 13, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #10,816 of 15,537
Hello everyone. Another new member here. Long time music lover rediscovering my old vinyl collection (which is starting to grow). Been using the site as a source of great info and and now happy to be joining.

My set up is modest but with some help I'm looking to expand it.

Pro-ject Audio Debut Carbon DC Esprit turntable
Onyx A-9110S integrated amp
Klipsch RP-600M bookcase speakers
Beyerdynamic T1 headphones

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #10,817 of 15,537
Hello fellow music lovers,

I'm new here and I have a the plan to create my first DIY hybrid earphones. For me an exiting project, just because of the fun of creating. I don't have any kind of background in fine electronics or sound engineering. In fact I'm just an architect, so I have a sense of esthetic and concepts, but being used of needing the informations of experienced engineers to fulfill my projects ; )

I would like to take you with me on my exploration journey, hoping to helping people with similar intentions to create their own earphones. I would be glad to get some useful informations and hacks to complete my mission. Thank you in advance for your support! So let's bring it to the point..

The Idea is to create a smallest possible crossover DIY version between the Final Audio E5000 and F7200. Two models that I admire because of their minimalistic design and the great sound. But I would like to combine the advantages of dynamic drivers and armature drivers in one earphone.

I already ordered the parts, so it's about to make them match and finding the best solution using the given components. I hope to get the permission to start my own thread and becoming a part of this little universe of head-fi.org

Nov 14, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #10,818 of 15,537
Hi. Newbie here from Holland.
Recently again on head-fi for choosing new portable digital audio player.

Portable:
Sony NW-A105 (on order) audio player
Sony NWZ-A015 audio player
Sony WH-H800 headphones
Koss Porta pro headphones
Pamu Slide in-ears

Hifi:
Technics 1210-m5g turntable
Heed preamp+psa
Sanyo Plus Q60 turntable
Technics SU-V90D amplifier
Technics SL-P770 cd-player
Technics ST-G70L tuner
Technics speakers SB-F3

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #10,819 of 15,537
Hi there.

Newbie from Brazil.

I own a HD599, a k371, and a entry-level SMSL M3 dac/amp.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #10,820 of 15,537
Hi !
I'm new here, I've discovered this forum threw research for earphones and wow all the reviews are great and very helpfull ! thank you guys !
I'm currently using the Cowon Plenue J music player and the Final audio B3 earphones but I want to change and switch to the Cowon Plenue R and the Cowon X30 (or maybe a earsonics model).
That's it :)

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #10,821 of 15,537
Hi !
I'm new here, I've discovered this forum threw research for earphones and wow all the reviews are great and very helpfull ! thank you guys !
I'm currently using the Cowon Plenue J music player and the Final audio B3 earphones but I want to change and switch to the Cowon Plenue R and the Cowon X30 (or maybe a earsonics model).
That's it :)

Soyez le bienvenu!

Nov 15, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #10,823 of 15,537
I've actually been a member (funkle) for over 10 years, but haven't been super active here, and my membership has lapsed. I was unable to reset my password for the original account, because the associated email is no longer active, so I created this new login. I've been more of a hi-fi speaker system guy, but have always depended on, and appreciated good headphones, more for the times when I cannot use speakers. Over the last 5 years, my system has been a Burson Conductor and Denon AHD-D2000s, and B&O H9i & H9 for wireless use. I recently got the headphone bug in a big way, and have watched 100s of hours of reviews, and have purchased 5 new pairs (HD6xx, E-Mu Teak, Nighthawk & Nightowl Carbon and Argon Mk3). I'm in possession of the Hawks and HD. The other 3 are on order. I won't see the Argons until after the new year based on their backlog. I also pre-ordered a TX789 and am thinking of building a bottle head crack. The thing I am really digging over speakers is the ability to rotate between several pairs to suit the music, the situation and my mood. I'm kind of this way with sunglasses - I have about 20 pairs and take 5 or 6 with me and switch depending on the lighting, situation and mood.

Nov 17, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #10,826 of 15,537
Hello everyone! I have little experience regarding headphone knowledge, so I am here to learn as much as possible. Also, I want to get some help regarding the headphones that I should buy next.

I currently own a Superlux HD-660 coupled with a FiiO E6 Fujiyama, and also some IEMs like the Xiaomi Pro HD and similar ones that I have been using during the last years. I also have an Onkyo A/V and Harman Kardon 5.1 speakers back at home, but right now I am living abroad so I miss being able to listen to music in a better way.

Thank you!

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #10,827 of 15,537
Hi, I'm Steve. I haven't really used, or thought about headphones before. I've got a really nice, mid-fi, two-channel, home-stereo system that I use for music.
I've started to realize I could listen more often, when the familie's home, with a set of headphones. I've just up'd my gaming system to an
Xbox One. I listen at low volume while playing at night. With cans, I might actually hear the dialog without using captions.
I have been to Guitar Center to try their various demo systems. Here in Indianapolis, the selection of midfi phones is pretty limited. I'll probably
start with Massdrop 6xx.

Nov 17, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #10,829 of 15,537
Hi,
I'm new to the forum - got my first Stax 30 years ago, now a Grado is my favourite headphone. Using a tube preamp I'm happy with what I got. But now I'm looking for a portable solution. Got a Shanling M2X and now I'm searching for some nice CIEM - that's why I looked around here and found so much material that I'm more confused now then I was before :wink:

Best from Cologne, Germany

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #10,830 of 15,537
Hello from the high desert in Albuquerque! I've been reading this forum for I don't know how long, and finally decided to stop lurking and make an account.

I can't begin to thank you all for your expertise and the laughs I've had just reading. Looking forward to being more engaged with this community as my hobby grows.

Also looking for tips to convince my wife that I "need" this or that. She's the boss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back