New Member Introductions thread
Jan 18, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #9,331 of 15,539
.My name is Thomas Shea. I recently became interested in quality headphones. My primary interest is using headphones in relation to music production. It seems that using good headphones can add an excellent source of information mixing and mastering. I very much appreciate all of the excellent information from this site that has helped me decide on a half dozen headphones to purchase. I am looking forward to being a member.

Thomas Shea
Soundclick.com/Thomas Shea

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #9,332 of 15,539
.My name is Thomas Shea. I recently became interested in quality headphones. My primary interest is using headphones in relation to music production. It seems that using good headphones can add an excellent source of information mixing and mastering. I very much appreciate all of the excellent information from this site that has helped me decide on a half dozen headphones to purchase. I am looking forward to being a member.

Thomas Shea
Soundclick.com/Thomas Shea
Welcome aboard, Thomas!! :)

Jan 18, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #9,333 of 15,539
Hey guys my name is Bryant, I stumbled upon this site while looking for more info on hifiman he4xx and the thx 789 headphone amp. Looking forward to being in this community. I currently own AKG K7xx, Hifiman HE4xx and a pair Sennheiser HD650 headphones, the amps driving everything is a Schiit stack containing a magni 2 uber, modi multibit and a little dot mkII tube amp.

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #9,334 of 15,539
Hi I'm Peter, I almost check new post from HEAD-FI everyday. Recently I sold my THX789 because I found it's too analytical and less fun of listening and looking for a tube amplifier. The cans I'm using or used including HD600,HD650, HE400, BOSE(A LOT OF), HE5 and some IEMs, currently I'm a fan of HFM planar headphone.

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #9,335 of 15,539
Hi nice to meet you I've been a member for maybe 2 years but it's never too late to introduce yourself. I'm into music and since I moved in to an apartment and with the the age of Smartphones with Quad Dacs , headphones both over ear and in ear have become a small hobbie of mine started with an HTC M9, LG V10 , Fiio X5iii which was very problematic, HTC 10 the best it drove my ATH-M50x like a DAP I have a few mid range cans and a LG G7.I love music but I'm no audiophile Im sorry that this forum isn't very welcoming for a newb like me I thought I could discuss and ask questions being a newb I ask questions but it seems that a large number of members have this inherent snobbery , you need to learn the lingo and a simple question the asking for help in which headphones with a specific impedence is met by sarcasm...come on guys you take yourselves way too seriously and in the scheme of things , and some patience and help for your fellow music lover would be welcome.
Peace
Lorenzo

Jan 18, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #9,337 of 15,539
Hi, my name is andy and I'm from Indonesia. My English not to good, so sorry for that. I love music, my hearing not to good. I hope i learn much from this forum. Thank you
Welcome Andy, you're English is fine. As for your hearing, that's why they put volume controls on amplifiers. My hearing isn't all that good either, my daughter makes jokes about it especially when she thinks I don't hear her. :)

Jan 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #9,338 of 15,539
Hi there nice to meet you all,

Until quite recently i treated audio gear mostly as a mean to isolate myself from external noises in the office, everything changed when i got a pair of isine 10 headphones few months ago, day one and i knew i got hooked :) Since then i upgraded my gear a bit, also thanks to some reviews/threads from this forum though frankly i sometimes feel i don't have hearing good enough to fully appreciate it . I'm mostly into portable stuff as i travel quite a lot and like having my music with me.
Headphones:
- Audieze Isine10
- Sony MDR1000x
- Orivetti Basic
- Ol' crusty set of Audio Techica M40x
Other Gear:
- Chord Mojo
- Chord Poly
- Topping NX4
- Topping D30
- Bravo Audio Ocean

Cheers

Konrad

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #9,342 of 15,539
Hi all!

Thanks to this site, I've become a vintage headphone collector. I currently own 2 AKG k140s, a broken (anyone got a spare 600ohm drive lol) set of K141s, K240 Monitors (600ohm), K270s, Realistic pro 30 orthodynamic headphones, Sony DR-S5s, and some really cool vintage cans I converted to bluetooth. I love fixing and creating things! Expect posts and guides on repairing and modding vintage headphones!

Thanks!!

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #9,344 of 15,539
Hello everyone im new here,i've been reading the forums for a couple years for both help and advice
my current listening pleasure is Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm a classic ipod
into a Electric Avenues Pocket Portable Headphones Amp PA2V2
it suits me fine and im more than happy with the sound.
can anyone advise me please on a replacement AC adapter i need to charge the batteries in situ,as i have lost the one i had
and i feel as though i will eventualy compromise the amp by taking them in and out to charge

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back