New Member Introductions thread
Jan 17, 2019 at 1:39 AM Post #9,324 of 15,511
Hello fellow music lovers!

My name is Daniel and I recently fixed my dad's old Technics SL-Q303 direct drive turntable.
Found this forum when I looked at the Schiit Vali 2 Tube Amp and I just loved the enthousiasm and eagerness to help each other.
I hope to buy the amp soon when theyre in stock here in the Netherlands.

I already ordered some tubes to start rolling as soon as possible!
Looking forward to learn more about this new hobby haha!

Greets,
Daniel

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #9,326 of 15,511
Hello Head-fi,

My name is Antonio. I studied music in university, but I don't work in the field. I like listening to a variety of stuff - lots of classical/Baroque music, but also Gordon Lightfoot, Low-Fi, Chillhop, rock, Jazz...pretty much anything, though admittedly I don't know a ton of hip hop or top 40 or really strong rock music.

I joined this forum when my mom bought me Viso NAD HP-50s as a graduation present (I picked them out). I love them and try and use them on a daily basis. A few years later she got me some 1More triple drivers IEMs as a Christmas present, and I was amazed that she picked them out herself. I then got Bose QC-25s on the Amazon Prime sale.

I have a new phone (Oneplus 6T) that doesn't have an audio jack, so I've been toying around with work arounds. I have Bluetooth converter for the QC-25 for travelling, but I just bought some
TaoTronics TT-BH052 on Amazon, and I'd like to write a review of my first true wireless earbuds, as I don't see any reviews of it on here. I don't if just anyone can write a review, or where I should put, so I figured I should introduce myself first!

Jan 17, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #9,328 of 15,511
Hello,
My name is McLambo and I'm new to this site. Recently entered the world of good head hi-fi by purchasing a FIIO BTR3 and a pair of N20's. I must say that it is addictive to listen to music in such fidelity, and also following discussions, and topics on this site.
I have a couple of friends who are into audiophile hi-fi, and I could never keep up with them once they start speaking jargon, time to catch up :wink:

I'm mainly interested in perfecting my head-phone audio, because I can keep the cost limited, and since I'm living with my family, this is pretty much the only way I can enjoy music undisturbed :wink:

Jan 17, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #9,329 of 15,511
Hello all!

Dutch guy, so please forgive me if it isnt grammaticly right,or typo’s.

The rollercoaster ride started when my cheap and bass heavy in ear earphones died. I used them for occasionly listining music on YouTube and Apple music on myiPhone 8+.

Searched for a earphones wich where better, ended up buying the SE315 from shure, and what a difference in sound quality and vocals! Didnt miss the ( overpowered bass) that much. Only a little bit.

Searched a little more and decided to buy a dragonfly red with it. And a spotify account. A great upgrade, but from there things went fast.

2 weeks later i owned the shure SE535, and man i love the shure signature! But when i was walking with the dog, and wanted to skip a track i always had to dig up the phone with the DFR from the inside of the jacket, it annoyed me, so i searched for a more mobile solution.

About a week later i bought an ifi xdsd, and used it mostly in BT mode wich still sounds awesome btw, upgraded spotify to TIDAL hifi.

And now About 1,5 months afther that, i am writing this intro, while listening to TIDAL wired with the ifi xdsd and... my new shure’s 846 and i am in love with this combo! (The 846’s are just fantastic!)

I want to thank you all for all the info, and my Wallet hates you all for that

Also interesting, my preferences in music styles are expanding now, just because it sounds so damn good now.

Thanks!

Jan 17, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #9,330 of 15,511
Hello all!

Dutch guy, so please forgive me if it isnt grammaticly right,or typo’s.

The rollercoaster ride started when my cheap and bass heavy in ear earphones died. I used them for occasionly listining music on YouTube and Apple music on myiPhone 8+.

Searched for a earphones wich where better, ended up buying the SE315 from shure, and what a difference in sound quality and vocals! Didnt miss the ( overpowered bass) that much. Only a little bit.

Searched a little more and decided to buy a dragonfly red with it. And a spotify account. A great upgrade, but from there things went fast.

2 weeks later i owned the shure SE535, and man i love the shure signature! But when i was walking with the dog, and wanted to skip a track i always had to dig up the phone with the DFR from the inside of the jacket, it annoyed me, so i searched for a more mobile solution.

About a week later i bought an ifi xdsd, and used it mostly in BT mode wich still sounds awesome btw, upgraded spotify to TIDAL hifi.

And now About 1,5 months afther that, i am writing this intro, while listening to TIDAL wired with the ifi xdsd and... my new shure’s 846 and i am in love with this combo! (The 846’s are just fantastic!)

I want to thank you all for all the info, and my Wallet hates you all for that

Also interesting, my preferences in music styles are expanding now, just because it sounds so damn good now.

Thanks!
Welcome aboard!! You have my condolences... It's an illness. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back