New Member Introductions thread
Jan 11, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #9,287 of 15,594
Hey, all. I’m Artismo - I produce music in my free time and I’m an audiophile. Sometimes, I’m more in love with the tools than I am with being creative. I frequent HF, ASR, Massdrop, etc. I’m an objectivist when it comes to purchasing a lot of my equipment, especially my upstream gear. Though, I use my ears and my toes to gauge whether a headphone is worth my coin when it’s not for critical listening. My 789 and Elex are my workhorses, and my CTH with Genalex and LCD2C are my recliner and coffee gear. I sleep with my HE4XX and TA-02 with Mullards. If I’m not producing, I love reading charts and measurements. I love the symmetry of a perfectly matched stack, cables that don’t tangle, and an absolutely black background when I’m working on a problem. I literally sit for hours when I think of the best ways to clean up my signal, cables, and tracks. When I can, I’m a DIY guy. I’ve got more cans of Deoxit, 100% Alcohol, silicon grease, cable splicers, etc. than the local home center. I hand built my computer and all my furniture is from Ikea. I also drink too much coffee and squander my time listening to other people’s work while cleaning, polishing, and removing lint from my headphones and gear.

There isn’t a “x”-step program big enough to handle my addictions and obsessive compulsion.

And I want to buy a Sundara.

Welcome. You'll fit in nicely.

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #9,288 of 15,594
Hi folks, great to be here! Cheers!

Jan 11, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #9,289 of 15,594
Hello, head-fiends!

My name si Tiago and I've finally de-lurked. I work in the Film and Media industries as a Sound Editor/Restorer/Mixer, so headphones are one of my tools-of-the-trade. I've used headphones for long but stick to my basic setup: at home, Sennheiser HD-580 (bought in a package with a Sennheiser Lucas Dolby Surround decoder / binaural space simulator) ; at work, Sennheiser HD-25-1; on the move, Etymotic ER4-XR (replacing a pair of ER4-P).

I confess I do not pay much attention to amps, to my detriment I'm sure, but that's a rabbit hole too dark and deep for me.

It is , in fact, my ER4-XR that made me de-lurk: the custom cable availability for them is terribad, and I'm looking for help. But I hope to contribute otherwise.

Be seeing you!

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #9,291 of 15,594
Hi all,

Just joined. Have been reading posts and reviews here for some time and thought it was time to join, really like this community.
I'm a audiophile starter and discovered a new music depth and enjoyment by a purchase of Chord Hugo2. So next is to upgrade headgear (using B&W P7 now)

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #9,292 of 15,594
Hey everyone,
Finally joined up after browsing for quite some time. Have been pretty satisfied with my current setup (which I've ended up with thanks to many discussion on Head Fi) but have recently gotten an itch to explore more options. Figured I may as well participate in discussion rather than sit on the sidelines!

Jan 11, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #9,293 of 15,594
Hi all

I've been lurking this forum for years, primarily the Mad Lust Envy Gaming thread.

I've come here hoping that I could find a pair of Sony Mdr Ma900's to buy, as this is an older discountinued model, I've struggled to find it anywhere.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be amazing.

Thank you.

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #9,295 of 15,594
Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'll definitely try to demo as many of those as possible before making my purchase.

I'm still not quite sure where to find those in Singapore yet, but maybe I'll get the chance at the upcoming can jam. (If I can hold out that long of course)

My wallet is already crying, just gotta see what kind of abuse it can still take :)

Hi @ManWithoutAPlan,

As far as I know, Burson Soloist M2 is usually at Canjam though as there is no Canjam where I am, cannot confirm, check the Canjam thread closer to launch to verify who will be there.
Sometimes RNHP makes an appearance though not usually official as far as I am aware.
As to the other amps recommended, that's more rolling the dice as usually no demo though somewhere in SG Land will have the Presonus HP 4 for sure.

As said, don't need to be kuncheong or kaisu, just take your time to choose.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #9,296 of 15,594
Welcome to all new Headfiers,

Hope the community can help you with what you need !

Hope everyone has a great day !

Jan 12, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #9,297 of 15,594
Thank you! I somehow have a feeling that your kind predeiction (?) concerning my wallet may be well placed...:dt880smile:

Hi @Windseeker,

The kind prediction as you put it is a common cry here on headfi, whether that is good or ill all depends.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 12, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #9,299 of 15,594
Been lurking for months now. I've been wanting to become part of the community but I am quite shy. I've been into earbuds and IEMs for a few years now, and I've accumulated a small little collection of cheap ones. So uh, hey there ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back