New Member Introductions thread
Oct 31, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #8,823 of 15,536
Hello everyone! :)

To be honest I feel a bit bad about registering here as I didn't realize that this is place is a truly dedicated audio-forum with manual registration approval and all and I only have one question I wanted to ask about earphones. But anyway, thanks for this nice place!

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #8,824 of 15,536
Hello everyone! :)

To be honest I feel a bit bad about registering here as I didn't realize that this is place is a truly dedicated audio-forum with manual registration approval and all and I only have one question I wanted to ask about earphones. But anyway, thanks for this nice place!

No problem, @Skyy,

Whether you have one question or many, welcome & hope you find what you need...

Hope you have a great day !

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #8,826 of 15,536
My name is James from the great state of New Jersey, originally from East Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY.

User name aside, I have a variety of brands of headphone but my favorite is the AKG K240. It is my third successive AKG K240 since 1980. The first two were the 600 Ohm version, my current one is the 55 Ohm ones. I am also thinking of getting a pair of AKG K553, while they are on sale. I also have a Bose AE2 (which is a close second to the AKG K240), Two Bose Triports (meh), a Sony DR-BT101 and a Sennheiser PX-100, which are an amazing sounding pair of portable headphones..

For music sources, I have two Apple iPod (Classic) Gen 5.5 and an Apple iPhone SE. I also stream Slacker Radio Plus and Amazon Music.

Oct 31, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #8,827 of 15,536
Welcome James,

Nice gear ! Apologies to your wallet for anything else which may tempt you...

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #8,828 of 15,536
Welcome James,

Nice gear ! Apologies to your wallet for anything else which may tempt you...

Thank you for the welcome! Hopefully I can stay in maintenance mode, just replacing headphone cushions and the occasional cable.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #8,829 of 15,536
Hi, quite new to headphones.
Actually just picked up my first at a yard sale last weekend.

It's an HD600 with Modi DAC and Vali 2 AMP.
Was very pleased with how it sounded so I looked into audio equipment and ended up here.

What a find! You have lucked into a set of the best headphones out there, and the Modi/Vali combo ought to really make them shine. Welcome!

Oct 31, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #8,830 of 15,536
Heya,

This is Hela and I am I would say a semi-noob to high end audio. Running iDSD Pro, iGalv 3.0, Audeze LCD-X with CF Headband and Nordost cables. Thanks for allowing me in.
I beg to disagree (without being disagreeable) But everything you list is certainly not NOOB class gear. You have come to the right place. Many will envy your"newcomer" set-up. (Me included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back