New Member Introductions thread
Oct 29, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #8,808 of 15,536
Greetings all,
I'm just a small time music listener. well tell a lie i have not listened to portable music for well over a year if not more. i started off with a ipod 5th gen that packed up years ago. i.recently found the thing in the loft and thought.. you know.. its been like 10 + years since this thing saw the light of day.. lets mod it to be a little modern (i always though it was kinda sucky to have a spinning HDD in something so easy to drop).
looking around their's the nice iFlash SD card drop in... nice.. its not the first time i had the thing open.. back when i had it the battery did not last as long as i wanted so a mod i did was use external 18650 cells (before they were popular!) on the back of the ipod. i have bought a brand new front, back and clicker wheel including the 2000mah battery which uses the extra space the removal of the HDD creates.

i wanna use this thing for were i work, so i am after a pair of head/earphones that can let outside sound pass though but also work nice as earphones. toughness would be nice, but sound quality is not really that big of a deal (i say that because the only music station i listen to on the radio only broadcasts in AM!

i say that, and i was looking up the diymod..where you put better caps into the ipod. interesting.. should be easy to do as i have all the tools required.

anyway enough me rambling on!

Hello everyone, thanks for having me!

- John

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #8,810 of 15,536
Hello everyone. New member here. Been lurking for years.

Love music. Have humble collection of headphones. Learned a lot while I was a lurker. Appreciate different opinions, advice & insights provided by community. Hoping to learn more as a member.

Oct 29, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #8,812 of 15,536
Hey all,

I have an old set of Bose Around-Ear headphones my BIL gave me as a gift back in 2005 or so. I used them for a while, but not often. Nearly 13 years later, I found myself reaching for those headphones more and more, just so I could listen to my tunes at night and not wake the kiddos. It didn't take long for the ear pads to wear off. So...time to start looking for new HP's.

As I was searching for reviews, this forum popped up. I always prefer active participation vs. lurking, so I had to join. :)

I listen to nearly everything kind of music - but I just can't. get. into. country. ...yet.

See you inside...

c

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #8,813 of 15,536
hello there,

I join here for get info from new product reviews and share my experience also.
I have been focused on headphone.
currently, my gears are r70x, hd800s, ether flow with dekoni audeze velour pad(this is my daily main).
and I like comparing heaphones with measurements because I can't describe well about the sound differences.

Oct 29, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #8,814 of 15,536
Hello moto !

New here too, native French speaker living in Africa (Ivory Coast) I know the all the treats as my pocket and love being on this website since 5 years, it’s a really nice community and appreciate a lote what I have read since years, and I took the step to register today, it is my turn to have requests :smile_phones:

Nice to meeting you, et pardon pour mon anglais ! (Sorry for my English)

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #8,817 of 15,536
Hello Everyone! I used these forums to help me decide which wireless headphones to buy. I ended up getting both the Bowers & Wilkins PX and the Sony WH-1000XM3, and I plan to return the pair I don't want. I will continue to use these forums to help with my audio decisions and troubleshooting, and I hope I can help as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back