New Member Introductions thread
Jul 31, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #8,298 of 15,508
Hi All,

I recently took the leap and made my first headphone + amp purchase. I’m thrilled that this forum exists and grateful for all of the vast knowledge/information here. After doing some research, I settled on the Massdrop HD58X and Cavalli CTH+SDAC. (Both are currently in the mail!) Hopefully, this is a good 1st setup that will last me awhile. My wife and bank account would be much happier that way! Any who, I guess my next question is what’s next? How do I get the most out of my new purchase? I mostly stream music nowadays and am looking into Tidal and Deezer. Other than that are there any additional software or media players I need to look into?

Cheers,
Suprmin

Jul 31, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #8,299 of 15,508
Hi All,

I recently took the leap and made my first headphone + amp purchase. I’m thrilled that this forum exists and grateful for all of the vast knowledge/information here. After doing some research, I settled on the Massdrop HD58X and Cavalli CTH+SDAC. (Both are currently in the mail!) Hopefully, this is a good 1st setup that will last me awhile. My wife and bank account would be much happier that way! Any who, I guess my next question is what’s next? How do I get the most out of my new purchase? I mostly stream music nowadays and am looking into Tidal and Deezer. Other than that are there any additional software or media players I need to look into?

Cheers,
Suprmin

Have a look at Qobuz too, if you like Classical and Jazz it is a more extensive catalogue than Tidal and the sound quality is superior. If that Cavalli is a tube amp good luck slowly spending $$$ on tube rolling ...:p

Jul 31, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #8,300 of 15,508
Hey everyone.

I have been lurking and flirting with a pair of cups for the past 2 months. As I'm still a poor student with a measly summer job I haven't plunged in with the rest of you guys just yet. I do have the MeeAudio M6 Pros that kinda opened up the wormhole of hifi cans for me. I am eyeing a pair of HE400i's for a while now. I am also intrigued by the hd600/hd650. What I'm trying to ask is, if I can get one, with the e10k or the SMSL sap2 what would be better, planars or the senns.

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #8,301 of 15,508
New member here hailing from Washington, DC. Somehow I found myself obsessing over personal audio this year. In 6 months I have amassed enough gear for 3 setups. The same DAC, Oppo HA2-SE, is used for each:

1) Home Office
  • Headphones: Focal Clear
  • Amp: Aune X7s
2) Bedroom
  • Headphones: Sony MDR-7510
  • Amp: Schiit Vali 2
3) Travel / Work
  • Headphones: Oppo PM-3
  • Amp/DAC: Oppo HA2-SE

Jul 31, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #8,303 of 15,508
New member here hailing from Washington, DC. Somehow I found myself obsessing over personal audio this year. In 6 months I have amassed enough gear for 3 setups. The same DAC, Oppo HA2-SE, is used for each:

1) Home Office
  • Headphones: Focal Clear
  • Amp: Aune X7s
2) Bedroom
  • Headphones: Sony MDR-7510
  • Amp: Schiit Vali 2
3) Travel / Work
  • Headphones: Oppo PM-3
  • Amp/DAC: Oppo HA2-SE
Welcome, @Reverso!! Those are some sweet setups you've got. It seems like you are indeed one of us ...:)

Aug 1, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #8,306 of 15,508
Hello, everyone! Another new joiner here.
I only started my adventure with hi-fi this year and I've absolutely fallen in love with Aeon Flow (open). I'm hoping to explore the possibilities of other outstanding headphones.

Aug 1, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #8,309 of 15,508
Hi

I have always be en interrested in sound, but have never owned high end systems or headphones. In ny teens i made music with midi systems on pc.

So i have gotten to a point of wanting more. I own b&o h2, bose 25, soundcheck earphones.

They all lack something, so i have ordered the hifiman edition s + HiFime UAE23HD USB DAC after reading on this site and others.
I where originally going to buy the P&w px or the sony 1000xm2.

I want to expand my knowledge and baby mod the hifiman's

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #8,310 of 15,508
Hello all,

Headphone neophyte here.

With a question:

What kind of progression do you suppose a budding audiophile (with no realistic chance of going to convention) should make in their gear? I'm stuck, as many are, in the mid-fis, and staring down some totl items--which pushes my budget a bit, a discomforting bit. Is the step up in consciousness--knowing the best sounds like/feels like--necessary to the transition, or are there other methods of progression aside from dropping an absurd amount of money? Definitely feeling some acute imposter syndrome, but perhaps that's rightly so, perhaps it's necessary to know and use a certain quality of gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back