New Member Introductions thread
Jul 25, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #8,266 of 15,519
Hello all,

Alex...from Michigan. Been a long time lurker and finally signed up.
Always liked headphones but never was "serious" about it until a couple days ago when I bought my first TOTL or my first "This my end-game" pair of headphones.
So...here we go
Welcome, @devante1977!! Congrats on the TOTL rig--that is very exciting. Enjoy yourself here on Head-fi--it is an awesome place for headphone enthusiasts. All the best!!

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:01 AM Post #8,267 of 15,519
Hello everyone. I’m new to head-fi but have been into headphones for a long time and joining here is probably my next step into acknowledging the addiction! So much great stuff on these forums as I have been reading my first few weeks here.

Currently using Fostex TH-900 mk2 as my daily drivers paired with the Fostex HP-A4BL dac/amp.

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #8,268 of 15,519
Hello everyone. I’m new to head-fi but have been into headphones for a long time and joining here is probably my next step into acknowledging the addiction! So much great stuff on these forums as I have been reading my first few weeks here.

Currently using Fostex TH-900 mk2 as my daily drivers paired with the Fostex HP-A4BL dac/amp.
Welcome, @arjubx!! That is a nice rig you have got. Enjoy yourself! Oh--and one more thing--real sorry about your wallet...:)

Jul 26, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #8,269 of 15,519
Aint that the truth!! LOL my gf doesn't want to hear about headphones anymore so I just keep it to my self. Its tough to contain enjoyment though!

@Zenith Street having a great day today thanks! hope you are as well

So cool you built that. I always wanted to get into soldering, I need to just get a set and start small. I bet you can't get enough now. That combo is killer friend.

It was easier than I thought to build. I'm waiting to get my posts up so I can upload some pics. Paired the bottlehead crack with a WE 421A and Mullard 12AU7 and this thing is pure bliss.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #8,271 of 15,519
Hey guys, long time lurker but first time member. Been into full-size headphones for a while now but I'm starting to get into IEMs. First pair might be the Campfire Polaris. I like the "fun" parts it seems to have

I've only just recently got into full sized cans. I have been wondering whether IEMs can compare? My foray into audiophilia has ruined my appreciation of music. I no longer enjoy listening to music on anything other than my home gear. Would be great to know if a pair of IEMs could live up to a decent full sized setup.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #8,273 of 15,519
Alex, what are these TOTL cans you refer to?

Audeze LCD-X. I know they aren't the top of the mountain in even Audeze's line-up, but for me...it was at the right mesh of "awesome specs/look/sound I prefer" and "the most I am willing to spend at this time".

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #8,274 of 15,519
I've only just recently got into full sized cans. I have been wondering whether IEMs can compare? My foray into audiophilia has ruined my appreciation of music. I no longer enjoy listening to music on anything other than my home gear. Would be great to know if a pair of IEMs could live up to a decent full sized setup.

Yeah IEMs probably won't ever be as good as full-size cans but I think there's some that could get pretty close or close enough. Portability is a very nice feature. I like to travel so and I like to bring my headphones to and from work so I need more stuff that can be on the go. Regardless, I do agree with ya.

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #8,275 of 15,519
Audeze LCD-X. I know they aren't the top of the mountain in even Audeze's line-up, but for me...it was at the right mesh of "awesome specs/look/sound I prefer" and "the most I am willing to spend at this time".
Damn they look sexy.... i'm still on hd6xx's and I'm hooked. Can't even imagine what the LCD-X would sound like. Enjoy!

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #8,276 of 15,519
Yeah IEMs probably won't ever be as good as full-size cans but I think there's some that could get pretty close or close enough. Portability is a very nice feature. I like to travel so and I like to bring my headphones to and from work so I need more stuff that can be on the go. Regardless, I do agree with ya.
I'm also interested in portability atm for a holiday I have planned at the end of this year. I never actually appreciated music that much until I got my entry level audiophile setup. Now I spend alot of my free time listening to music in an attempt to forget about the hole I've been burning in my wallet!

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #8,277 of 15,519
I'm also interested in portability atm for a holiday I have planned at the end of this year. I never actually appreciated music that much until I got my entry level audiophile setup. Now I spend alot of my free time listening to music in an attempt to forget about the hole I've been burning in my wallet!

Oh man, the Kool-Aid is real and I've been drinking it. I've been more into home theater/2ch stuff but now I'm getting into headphones. My wallet can't keep up

Jul 26, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #8,279 of 15,519
Hi! Just wanted to drop by to introduce myself.

I'm from the Philippines.

I have both home and portable setups

DAC: ifi iDac 2 with iUSB 3.0

Amplifier: Cavalli Liquid Carbon v1

Headphones: Audeze LCD-MX4

DAP: Fiio X5iii (Fidelizer Ultimate Hardware Mod)

Portable Amp: Oriolus BA-10 OAK

In Ear Monitors: Shure SE846 with HUM CX1

Jul 26, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #8,280 of 15,519
Hi All,
I guess this is the second time I've posted in here. I signed up years ago, posted a couple of times but then just kind of drifted out of following developments in headphones. Anyway a few weeks ago my trusty Shure E3s died and while I was looking for something to replace them I remembered I had an account here. A few weeks later i found myself at Canjam London, it was fun but a bit overwhelming going in almost cold, hopefully I can get back next year and be better prepared. I think my wallet is going to grow to hate me over the next few months :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back