New Member Introductions thread
Jun 26, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #8,116 of 15,646
Hi guys, I'm a music lover from India. I have been frequently visiting HeadFi for the last two years or so, and it has helped me learn about audio and make informed decisions about what would suit me. I currently use Soundmagic ES18 & Superlux HD681 EVO (which kinda led me to create this account xp). Feels good to finally join!

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #8,118 of 15,646
Hey everyone, used to lurk here for a while but figured it was time to make an account lol. Currently own a few v-shaped headphones (Fidelio X2, M1060, TH-X00PH) but have a pair of HD6XX and a Massdrop CTH coming in soon. Can't wait to share my thoughts!

Jun 27, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #8,119 of 15,646
Hello all! I have been around this community for a while, starting with MadLustEnvy's gaming headphone guide in the winter of 2014 I believe. I own a Topping Stack for my headphones (a Topping D30 that I run into a Topping D2 as just an amp.) and an Aune B1s amp for portable use. I made a listing of links on reddit's /r/headphones that I'll probably duplicate here with a separate post for Korean stores etc. that I've found. I've done weeks of research on headphones due to terminal leave, so I'd be happy to give advice to anyone, though my preferences are just that--my preferences, so take always take it with a grain of salt and try equipment yourself if you are able.

I own these headphones/IEMs:
ZMF Eikon (closed back for the bus etc. with suede pads); Monolith M1060 (for getting the fine details out of classic rock music etc. with "vegan pads"); HiFiman 400 (for EDM, eq'd the highs wayyy down); AKG 712 (for gaming, were my first headphone and a decent mid-fi all rounder); AKG 240 (because they were only $50 so why not? I put the stock ZMF pads on them.)
Ultimate Ears (UE) TripleFi 10 - great IEM, though they look weird; UE 900s - Not as good as the TripleFi but they look more normal; Sennheiser IE8 - one driver is missing lower frequencies, but they were great for bass etc.; 2018 Lker I8 - fairly close in sound to the other $50 chinese brand IEMs but marginally better; 2018 Pizen BK50 (with MMCX cable) - Second favorite chinese IEM due to bass response; Tin Audio T2 - Decent headphone but I'm not impressed TBH...they don't really deserve so much hype; MEMT X5s - Exceptionally good for $15, would recommend; Misc Klipsch headphone - cost ~$80 and used to compare to chinese IEMs;The AKG tuned samsung headphones (comes with galaxy phones)

I've owned other equipment previously, but this is my current selection. If you have any questions about my set-up, headphones I've tried, headphones I would recommend or recommend against, or my research on headphones, please feel free to reply/tag/pm/whatever this website uses. Thanks for reading!

Jun 29, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #8,124 of 15,646
Hello everyone from Atlantic Canada.

I'm primarily a "vintage" audio guy.

Had a need for headphones occasionally, so I just bought a set of Monitor 10's (original version) and Sansui SS-35's.

I have a more descriptive post (with pics) a couple posts down from this one if you want more details.

Jun 29, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #8,125 of 15,646
Hi from Israel
I'm new to this amazing forum.....
I've always been an audio fanatic but mostly invest in drum gear since I'm a pro drummer and music teacher.
In the last few years I've been enjoying my lightly modded M40x and Philips SHP9500. And also enjoying gear l bought for my dad - Hifiman 400i and Fiio Q1. They really sound great together. But l have a strong feeling the 400i can sound much better with a better amp [of course!].

What will be a good step up to power the 400i but still affordable? I heard tubes don't always pair well with Planar Magnetic headphones... Would appreciate your advice !

Thanks !

Jun 29, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #8,126 of 15,646
Hello all,

I'm a long term HiFi enthusiast, traveling the audio journey. I have no particular bent in the sound world being an owner of both valve and solid state amplification, analogue and digital source, vintage and new, hence no particular dogma and the moniker of pagan.......
Have just Had a McChanson Headphone/ mini integrated running 6FD7's built up for me.
I'm curious....How is it that the Woo gear is able to run such a wide range of tubes , the gain of 6EW7's are much lower than that of 6FD7's even though the voltage is the same,
does that not make them more likely to distort ? Or can that be offset with Headphone efficiency in the quest for linearity ?

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #8,129 of 15,646
Welcome everyone!

Great to see how many enthusiasts are signing up!

Jun 30, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #8,130 of 15,646
Hi everyone. Been around audio for nearly 50+ years. Have been a NAD fan for many many years. Starting getting into or back into my headphones around the early 2000's when my first dog bite into my Koss headphones and that was back in the 70'! Recently have upgraded my system and have had many different headphones. I had Bose Q25 and Q35 for travelling. Sold those to get the Sony MDR-1000X for travelling. Still have these. Sold the NAD HP50 as they were too tight. Then purchase the Sony MDR-1A. Very nice headphone and very comfortable. Then kept these and purchased another pair of in ear NAD HP20. Still have these today. Two more pairs I came across before I purchase the E-MU Teak. Very good if not great sounding headphones. Recently purchase the Grado SR-325 gold anniversary edition but they were a bit bright for me. Sold those and moved up to the Grado RS2i. Very nice sounding headphones with the "Q" pads. I also have a pair of Apple AirPods that I used at work to take calls and listen to a bit of music. All of this in the last 3 years so I guess I'm back where I belong!!!! will attach list of gear once I figure out how to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back