New Member Introductions thread
Jun 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #8,086 of 15,519
Hello there everyone!

I am Mikee.

I hail from Manila, Philippines,

I am an old timer with 2 channel home audio but a recent victim of a head-fi head-on collision.

My head-fi journey though started in the mid 1980s with a hand-me down Sony WalkmanPro D6C and a pair of Sony earbuds (I forgot the model) - this is the one that looks like an earbud with a headband

Fast forward 2018 and this is what I use now

Source:
Lenovo ThinkPad T440P
Astell&Kern Kann (internals heavily modified by Music Sanctuary Singapore)

DAC
Chord Hugo TT

Headphone Amp
Rega Ear Mk2
HeadAmp GS-X Mk2

Cans
Focal Spirit Classic
Focal Elear
MrSpeakers Ether Flow with MoonAudio Black Dragon XLR cables
Sennheiser HD650

Interconnects:
MoonAudio Silver Dragon XLR to XLR connectors (HugoTT -> GS-X Mk2)
Cambridge Audio Silver Interconnects RCA to RCA (HugoTT -> Rega Ear Mk2)
AudioQuest Tower RCA to 3.5mm Stereo Phono connector
AudioQuest Dragontail USB to OTG connector (AK Kann to iFi Mercury)
iFi Mercury USB A to USB B adapter

So there you have it

It's nice to be part of this community

Cheers!

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #8,087 of 15,519
just got approve!

hey everyone! before subscribing to this site, i was searching far and wide for a replacement to my olden ipod that wouldn't turn on anymore. i wanted out of the ios ecosystem since i prefer drm-free media. head-fi.org helped me make a decision and purchase the Cowon Plenue D; yes, it has its flaws but ranks among the best. it carries a hefty price tag (200 euros where i am and it got a 20 euro discount like 3 days after i bought it damn). the cheapest case i found was 50 euros, too. but i feel it's an investment for the long term and i will tace good care of it.

anyhow i am a complete newb in this domain and i hope to learn a lot from the pros. hell, i never thought about FLAC or stuff like that before a week ago. and now i am knees-deep into it and building my library into something nifty.

treat me well!

Jun 20, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #8,089 of 15,519
Hello there everyone!

I am Mikee.

I hail from Manila, Philippines,

I am an old timer with 2 channel home audio but a recent victim of a head-fi head-on collision.

My head-fi journey though started in the mid 1980s with a hand-me down Sony WalkmanPro D6C and a pair of Sony earbuds (I forgot the model) - this is the one that looks like an earbud with a headband

Fast forward 2018 and this is what I use now

Source:
Lenovo ThinkPad T440P
Astell&Kern Kann (internals heavily modified by Music Sanctuary Singapore)

DAC
Chord Hugo TT

Headphone Amp
Rega Ear Mk2
HeadAmp GS-X Mk2

Cans
Focal Spirit Classic
Focal Elear
MrSpeakers Ether Flow with MoonAudio Black Dragon XLR cables
Sennheiser HD650

Interconnects:
MoonAudio Silver Dragon XLR to XLR connectors (HugoTT -> GS-X Mk2)
Cambridge Audio Silver Interconnects RCA to RCA (HugoTT -> Rega Ear Mk2)
AudioQuest Tower RCA to 3.5mm Stereo Phono connector
AudioQuest Dragontail USB to OTG connector (AK Kann to iFi Mercury)
iFi Mercury USB A to USB B adapter

So there you have it

It's nice to be part of this community

Cheers!
Welcome aboard, @Mikeer2002Ph!! That is a sweet rig you've got. You are certainly in the right place, I would say. Enjoy yourself!

Jun 21, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #8,093 of 15,519
Hello everyone,

Audio enthusiast from Vancouver BC here.

My humble set up is composed by:

Creative Sound Blaster X7
Kanto YUMI/YU5/SYD + Klipsch KSW10 in 5.1 configuration
Audio-Technica ATLP-120 (modded without the USB circuit) + Kagaoka MP-110
Bugle2 phono Preamp
AKG K7XX Headphones

Currently My SB X7 has some issues so hopefully I will gain some insight about it in this site.
Thank you!

Jun 22, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #8,095 of 15,519
Hey everyone, I'm a new member in this forum, but not to audio in general. Nice to meet you all and just here to have fun and chill :)
Welcome,
Hey everyone, I'm a new member in this forum, but not to audio in general. Nice to meet you all and just here to have fun and chill :)
Welcome, @ascarf99!! Enjoy the chill... ---)

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #8,096 of 15,519
Hi all, my name is Terozzz.. I was back in the late 80s to 90s some sort of Hi-Fi narc with THX one system, the i got poor (wife came along :D ) Now in older days i found my passion again in the headphone cos they won't occupy all living room :p Started with AKG 712 PROs and in the same month i went nuts and got DAC (dragonforce black) and ofc i needed more and more so i found good deal with Audioquest nighthawk carbons and took them home. now after month or so my hunger grows and grows and i am bit worried :D What is the next step? To this im wanting to find answer with you gearheads :D

Jun 22, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #8,097 of 15,519
After a decade of lurking and comparing IEM's and full size headphones I finally decided to make an account.

Current gear includes Audioengine D1 DAC (in need of an upgrade soon) > Lyr 2 amp with Russian voshkod (silver rocket) tubes > Sennheiser HD650.

Use Shure SE215's with my iPhone X at the gym or work, but looking to get something with less sibilance. Interested in IE800/IE800S, CA Andromeda, Vega II etc.

It's good to finally be able to contribute to the forum in some way.

Jun 22, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #8,098 of 15,519
After a decade of lurking and comparing IEM's and full size headphones I finally decided to make an account.

Current gear includes Audioengine D1 DAC (in need of an upgrade soon) > Lyr 2 amp with Russian voshkod (silver rocket) tubes > Sennheiser HD650.

Use Shure SE215's with my iPhone X at the gym or work, but looking to get something with less sibilance. Interested in IE800/IE800S, CA Andromeda, Vega II etc.

It's good to finally be able to contribute to the forum in some way.
Welcome aboard, @fickl3!! Glad to finally have you!

Jun 22, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #8,099 of 15,519
Been lurking for maybe a year or two now, have always found impression threads helpful when picking up new toys. Im a big fan of postrock and enjoy majority of its sub genre, running portable most of time. Hopefully i can make some sort of contribution to this line of hobby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back