New Member Introductions thread
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #8,056 of 15,539
Hi all,

About 15 years ago, I've brought an Audio-Technica monitor headphone about $300 for the first time in my life and was shocked about sound quality, there was so much pleasing sound I've never heard before; I did not try over $50 cans by that moment.

Several years ago, I've tried about 50 high quality brand earphones and headphones in an audio shop for 2-3 hours and got to know I like Sennheiser or Audio-Technica sound.

To be honest, I prefer to listening with tallboy speakers in room, but sometimes enjoy listening to my favorite music with my cans.

Best

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #8,058 of 15,539
New guy here. Been lurking for a while without an account. recently picked up DT990 Pro 250s and Schiit Magni/Modi after seeing quite a few posts here that convinced me to do so. Looking to get involved and learn more about audio setups. Thanks for having me.

Jun 15, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #8,059 of 15,539
New guy here. Been lurking for a while without an account. recently picked up DT990 Pro 250s and Schiit Magni/Modi after seeing quite a few posts here that convinced me to do so. Looking to get involved and learn more about audio setups. Thanks for having me.
Welcome aboard, @Crimtide!! I am a Texan by birth--happy to have you here with us!

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #8,063 of 15,539
Lapsed member from ages ago, new account on this platform. Back to acquiring headphones and earphones.
Just discovered Comply foam tips for my UE SuperFi 5 Pros and Ety HF3's. Much more comfortable for airtravel
and great sound. Recently lowered the gain on my DIY Pimeta/Crossfeed to use with a Music Hall DAC 15.2 at work.
Cheers!

Jun 16, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #8,064 of 15,539
Where from? Big state, I know.. but yeah.. by birth though, did you move? Glad to be here.. looking for EQs etc.. been trying to find a Loki tone control to go with the schiit stack I have now, almost unavailable without buying new.
From far away from you. Hockley County, a place called Levelland--10, 000 people. We moved to Portland when I was a kid. All the family has scattered since. Best thing to do to find your Loki is to post a new thread on the Help and Recommendations board asking for what you need. New threads get way, way more traffic than this thread does. You should get some input. Nice chatting with you. All the best.

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #8,065 of 15,539
What's up guys, Jesse here. Ive been reading these forums for years so figure I'd finally sign up. Ive got a small collection of headphones and listen to just about any kind of music besides country.

I've learned a lot through reading the forums here and figure it's time I finally contributed.

Jun 17, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #8,068 of 15,539
What a great site you have here. I have been researching and reading articles about headphones, amps, & DAC's on here for about 2 months now. I currently have a used up 9 yr old set of wired Sony headphones that have seen better days and the active noise cancelling has stopped working. That's where all the research comes into play. I love great sounding music both home stereo and headphones. My ears are screaming for something better. I have been researching and listening to some headphones that I can find locally. I have listened to Focal Elear, Grado SR325e and everything that Best Buy carries. I have also researched Meze Audio 99 Classics. I would love to hear them but no one carries them locally. The only thing I have to base them off of are reviews that I read.

I also want to get a tube amp and a DSD DAC. That is where I am stuck because of the amount of choices available. My budget is about $300 - $400 for both the Amp & DAC. I would love to buy something reliable of course. I guess it depends where you read reviews as to the quality of the the tube amps. Tube rolling sounds interesting to me. I love to tinker and experiment. My electronic knowledge is very little but I am reading and learning daily. No time soon will I be a master the way some people converse on here about the inner workings of their equipment. I look forward to the wisdom and direction from the experts here.

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #8,070 of 15,539
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm the proud owner of a bunch of mid-fi gear and am looking to step up my game.
Just bought a pair of Andromedas so I'm here to seek advice on sources.
Lots of great info here, really enjoy the site.
Welcome aboard, @MisterMoad!! Super sorry about your wallet... ---)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back