New Member Introductions thread
Jun 10, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #8,027 of 15,577
Hi!

I'm Oakcapy! I've technically signed up about 2 years ago but have always been a lurker.
Thought it was a good time to become active on the forum as I am finally planning to upgrade and searching for my next cans!

Hopefully I'll be able to find them soon!

Thanks.
Oakcapy

EDIT: Just discovered my post history. Not a lurker haha but finally back on the scene!

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #8,028 of 15,577
You are the Alessandro??? Maker of the MS-1, MS-2, and MS-Pro???:floatsmile:

Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet. :blush:

As for moving on from your current setup, the most obvious choice is a Sennheiser HD800(S), but for a DAC/Amp, I think the Topping DX7S is a great choice with unbalanced/balanced outputs and is $499 US on Aliexpress. Plus, you can get an XLR cable for at least $70 from ZY Cables.

I have very few hobbies and they are all expensive as hell, so I'm afraid my wallet has been dead for quite some time now :sob:

And by the way, the 800s together with an Yggdrasil are on top of my "what to burn my first paycheck on" list. Well, my future first paycheck. Well, my future two first paychecks :cold_sweat:

Jun 10, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #8,029 of 15,577
Hello all. I just randomly decided to sign up for this forum today. I've known about head-fi for years and have looked at different threads in which people have discussed their impressions of various audio gear. I hope everyone treats me well and am look forward to having some constructive dialogue.

Jun 11, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #8,031 of 15,577
Hello all. I just randomly decided to sign up for this forum today. I've known about head-fi for years and have looked at different threads in which people have discussed their impressions of various audio gear. I hope everyone treats me well and am look forward to having some constructive dialogue.
Welcome aboard, @BrotherKathos!! People will be kind to you here, I have no doubt. The unpleasant people are in the extreme minority. This is a good place to learn. Again--welcome!

Jun 11, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #8,035 of 15,577
Hello! Not new to head fi or hifi, just a long time lurker. Thought it was time to post something (also need more posts to utilize classifieds). Current setup is the LCD2C+NFB11.28 and a pair of JBL LSR305 for monitoring.

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #8,040 of 15,577
Hi my name is Aaron,

Long time lurker, and long time audiophile (or at least wannna-be). Mainly into 2 channel stereo systems, had a set of Magnepan 1.6QRs powered by a tube amp, had to downsize due to 4 kids (Maggies and kids don't mix), so I now have a set of B&W CM1 bookshelf speakers that barely scratch the itch. Have been pursuing headphones in an attempt to get that sweet Maggie like sound in a smaller form factor that I can tuck away from destructive little toddler hands.

Currently have the following cans: Sennheiser HD650 (my first intro into mid-fi headphones), Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 (actually gave these away because I hated them), Oppo PM-3, LCD-2 Fazor, and just bought a set of Sennheiser HD800s that I cant wait to hear. I debated between the Focal Clear and these, but I love my HD650s so I just went with what I know.

Have a Topping D10 and a Darkvoice 336se, as well as an iFi iDSD Black. I love the tube sounds, so a Woo Audio WA22 or an Eddie Current Balancing Act is on the want list. Have heard great things about the Bottlehead S.E.X so may try and pick one of those up as well.

Anyways, I am from San Diego, and am a Computer Engineer by degree and profession. Was part of the Audio Engineering Society in College where I built crappy amplifiers for fun :) Also was big into car stereos when I was younger, but I am getting too old to do the subwoofer thing anymore. I used to love it, but now when one of these young kids rolls up next to me bumping his Kanye, it just drives me nuts :)

Love the forum, tons of great info and advice here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back