New Member Introductions thread
Jun 4, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #7,996 of 15,526
Hey everyone, quick intro post. I'm a long-time lurker and a big fan of closed-back cans. It's time for an upgrade, and where else would I go to do my research? :)
I’m a fan of closed backs also and I can’t of a better place ; ) Welcome.

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #7,997 of 15,526
Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and I believe a short introduction is in order.
I've been a professional musician for many years, but now I'm more of a creative entrepreneur.
Music, and hifi, has always been a passion for me.
My main system was based around the wonderful ATC SCM20ASLT, and my main headphone was a Sennheiser HD800.

Since a few years, I've been living a nomadic lifestyle, which also means I've left all of my audio equipment behind.
My biggest audio joy in the past years have been my Etymotic ER4, but they sadly didn't survive very long.
I've had a couple of "functional" headphones, as I need a microphone for work, and now I've started the quest for the best travel-friendly headphones with a mic.

I'm very much open to suggestions.

I'll be in Tokyo soon, and I plan to buy them there.

J.

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #8,000 of 15,526
Hello Head-Fi! Been a lurker for a while now and would just like to say hi. I am a college student so funds are low and currently stuck in mid-fi. I enjoy modding and would love to become active in this community as audio equipment has become my favorite hobby.
-Vlad

Jun 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #8,001 of 15,526
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to the high-end headphone scene but I have been a mild enthusiast for the last few years. I don't have much for gear but I am looking to upgrade later this year so recommendations are more than welcome.

I'd like to personally thank Jude for introducing me to this website, I've only just scratched the surface of this site but I can already tell there's much for me to learn here. Also, I'd like to thank the guys here at head-fi.org for being so cool and welcoming at the head-fi meet up last weekend in Michigan. They were funny, instructional and encouraging throughout the duration of the meet up. You can be certain I'll be stopping by again for the next meet up.

My current gear is an old pair of Sony XB-500's that I've had for several years now and a pair of AKG IEM's that came with my phone. I plan on purchasing some KZ zs 6's soon but I'm still looking for some good closed back over the ear headphones for the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Liquid

Jun 6, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #8,003 of 15,526
Hi everyone, I'm HOI_HOi. Student, gamer and huge EDM fan. I'm not new in buying expensive studio hardware, but I'm fairly new into buying IEM's. I've got 2 Jbl lsr308 speakers combined with a krk 10s subwoofer and a focusrite 2i4. My headgear exist of a v-moda m100 and some beats. However, I'm looking for better IEM's because the beats sucks and the v-moda m100 requires a bag to carry them. After doing a lot of reseach I came across this website and just simply signed up to expand my knowledge about IEM's in particular, and there's plenty to learn here for me :wink:.

I'm looking forward to learn all the ins and here.

Thanks in advance,

HOI_HOi

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #8,005 of 15,526
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to the high-end headphone scene but I have been a mild enthusiast for the last few years. I don't have much for gear but I am looking to upgrade later this year so recommendations are more than welcome.

I'd like to personally thank Jude for introducing me to this website, I've only just scratched the surface of this site but I can already tell there's much for me to learn here. Also, I'd like to thank the guys here at head-fi.org for being so cool and welcoming at the head-fi meet up last weekend in Michigan. They were funny, instructional and encouraging throughout the duration of the meet up. You can be certain I'll be stopping by again for the next meet up.

My current gear is an old pair of Sony XB-500's that I've had for several years now and a pair of AKG IEM's that came with my phone. I plan on purchasing some KZ zs 6's soon but I'm still looking for some good closed back over the ear headphones for the future.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Liquid
If your thinking of getting the ZS6’s I would suggest you spend just a bit more for the ZS10’s I think they are much better all around. I have the KZ ATE,ZST ,ZS3,ZS6 and ZS10’s I like them because they are cheap and you can try a few of them to find the one you like and it doesn’t break the bank.
Welcome by the way.

Jun 6, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #8,006 of 15,526
Hi everyone, I'm HOI_HOi. Student, gamer and huge EDM fan. I'm not new in buying expensive studio hardware, but I'm fairly new into buying IEM's. I've got 2 Jbl lsr308 speakers combined with a krk 10s subwoofer and a focusrite 2i4. My headgear exist of a v-moda m100 and some beats. However, I'm looking for better IEM's because the beats sucks and the v-moda m100 requires a bag to carry them. After doing a lot of reseach I came across this website and just simply signed up to expand my knowledge about IEM's in particular, and there's plenty to learn here for me :wink:.

I'm looking forward to learn all the ins and here.

Thanks in advance,

HOI_HOi
Welcome you will find lots of information here that’s for sure.

Jun 7, 2018 at 6:12 AM Post #8,008 of 15,526
Hi there,
I just joined and look forward to learning from this group. Been looking at new and latest R2R DACs which are getting affordable and that brought me here. Currently listening to Oppo through Denon and Fostex headphones.

Thanks for having me here.
Showa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back