New Member Introductions thread
Dec 9, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #6,951 of 15,543
Thank you for allowing me into the forums. My name is Michial. I’m a 47 year old man with a family living in Seattle. I’m no audiophile but like to listen to many genres of music and want the best headphones I can afford. I’ve read many posts on these forums and knew this would be a site with knowledgeable and helpful audiophiles. Thanks again. Look forward to interacting.

Dec 10, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #6,952 of 15,543
Introduction time! First time poster here, but have been on here a number of times over the last few years. Currently have a couple pairs of headphones that were recommended by other members here, such as the Edifier P180 earbuds and I use to own a few pairs of Sennheiser earbuds and full size headphones, but no longer have those. If I remember, the PX100s were a nice pair that I owned, they disappeared in a move unfortunately. Now I'm looking for some new over the head headphones that won't break the bank, so I'm off to locate some good reading material!

Dec 10, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #6,953 of 15,543
Been reading the forum as a guest when I needed to buy some new headphones or when I was looking for reviews of sources.
I have finally decided it was about time to sign up and, if possible, give something back to the community. May it be with cheap chinese stuff reviews or answering questions about stuff I own, I hope to help someone somehow :)
Federico

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #6,954 of 15,543
Hello,
I'm Dominik, i come from Poland. Since early days of my life i love to listen to music, i used a quantity of headsets from over-ears to IEMs, im interested in mobile listening and i love good sounding headphones with some bass, I might not be the biggest audiophile but I appreciate a good sounding phones, also I mostly don't use any dacs, amps etc. Aa I'm a filthy casual user, sorry fam :frowning2:.
Greetings Dominik.

Dec 11, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #6,956 of 15,543
I've been a reader for years and now am finally posting. I’m a music enthusiast first, gear enthusiast second.

I’m a creative director/graphic designer and have had the chance to work with a handful of brands under the Harman umbrella like AKG, JBL, and harman/kardon. Through that relationship, I was able to spend a day with Sean Olive at the Harman headquarters in San Francisco, visit the house and listening room of Kevin Voecks, founder of Revel Loudspeakers and toured Harman's Luxury Audio labs (Mark Levinson, Lexicon) in Connecticut. Those experiences sort of solidified this whole gear enthusiasm for me.

I'm also a musician and have the same kind of gear obsession with guitar pedals, analog synthesizers and drum machines.

I've owned a ton of headphones, amps, DAPs and DACs, but my current setup is a FiiO X7 Mark II, Campfire Jupiters and Hifiman Edition X V2s, along with a handful of others.

Hello!

Dec 11, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #6,957 of 15,543
Hello All!

My name is Cody, I've used Head-Fi for a while now as a source for information regarding headphones. It's taken me a while to get around to make an account and join the conversation. I have been a sound enthusiast for years and have a background in music.

My taste in sound leans towards the low-end. I am a basshead, my favorite headphones I've ever owned were my Future Sonics MG5, which I only owned for a couple months before they were lost. That was years ago, but to my ears, that was the best all around sound I've ever heard, minus live music. I've been on the hunt for old Future Sonics Atrio headphones (as they're in my budget) to no avail. I know they have the G10, which is probably the best I'll ever get to that sweet sound, but I'll have to wait for them to go on sale.

My hardware budget is generally pretty low, but thanks to the users on Head-Fi, I think I have some decent hardware. The gear I use currently for listening at home is Audio Technica ATH-50 with a Steinberg 2x2 Audio Interface connected to a PC. On the go, I use RHA T10i (got brand new at microcenter for $80!) connected to my Samsung S8.

Anyways, I'm excited to be part of this and look forward to learning more and contributing to the great online community here at Head-Fi!

As Always,

Easy Listening!!!

P.S. If you have old Future Sonics Atrios for sale PM ME!!! =)

Dec 11, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #6,959 of 15,543
Same here just got my foot wet as well new member really coool
Looking setups the members have!
Starting mine little @ a time:
Project sunrise III
HRT istreamer dac to iPad mini
Headphones still debating
HE400i
HE500(used)
HE560(used)
DT770 80ohm
DT880 80ohm
Leaning towards the HE400i
Well decisions decisions.....that's all part of the fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back