New Member Introductions thread
Nov 11, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #6,800 of 15,523
Hi, i'm a long-time lurker here but decided to put my first post in. The content of the head-fi community has been excellent.
I've had a long-time interest in quality audio and music, and in recently moved to quality portable setup as I have a lot of available commuting time to enjoy music but very little at-home free time. After my AK100mk2 started giving me troubles and my budget has increased, I've in recent months moved to a AK380 at a great and added some JH Roxanne FMJs. I'm happy to be behind the tech curve a couple of years and focus on the musical content and resist the urges of GAS !

Nov 11, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #6,801 of 15,523
My Name is Isaac and i have been in this hobby for about a year. ive picked up several headphones including the THX00, DT880 600 ohm, and the XB700. v shaped is the particular flavor i go for

Welcome to Head-Fi! You've got a lot of gear for starters. :)

I’m old, confused, new to digital and on a budget. Looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Well, good luck to your wallet. :)

I am not an audiophile but will be hanging around once in a while to exchange opinions regarding audio things. Not a lavish spender though.

There are a lot of good people here in Head-fi that wouls be happy to help you out. :)

Nov 11, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #6,802 of 15,523
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif

Hello i’m Richard , happy join head fi 1st time here for me.

Nov 11, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #6,803 of 15,523
Hi all,new to the forum and a very big hello.I own a Darkvoice 336c with 6080 tung sol power tube with grado ps500 headphones.Any ideas as to whats the best 6080 tube or equivalent

to match my amp and 32 ohm ps500 headphones?

Thank you all.
Don’t have the Darkvoice but have the Bottlehead Crack which uses the same tubes and I like the Tung Sol 5998 and also a Tung Sol 6080 Chatham is also a very good one that is a bit smoother. The OTL amps do do a bit better with higher impedance cans though.

Nov 12, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #6,805 of 15,523
Hello!

Thanks for the account approval!

(Current setup: Altair, Viablue NF-S6, Violectric HPA V280, Norne Audio Sköll, LCD3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back